TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 3 roads up and down the mountain.

1. Hwy 127 from Chattanooga, turns into Ridgeway Ave/Taft Hwy (at the top) continues down the other side of the mountain towards Dunlap, TN 28 & 111.

2. Roberts Mill Road (near Sequatchie/Hamilton County Line) toward Fall Creek Falls (Dayton Pike) near interchanges 153 & 27N.

3. W (West) Road at the Signal Mountain city limits/Walden's Ridge from the top of the mountain to Mountain Creek Road at the bottom (27N or S interchanges available in either direction).

I think you mean Falling Water.. Fall Creek Falls is on a completely different set of mountains and in Van Buren Co, TN.

ETA: You can get to Fall Creek Falls by going through Bledsoe Co or by taking Hwy 111 up Cagle Mtn in Dunlap and stay straight on that road past Skyline and the turn off to go to McMinnville.

A Buffalo NY GATHERING for GAIL NOWACKI PALMGREN

FIRST MEETING:
When: Sunday May 22, 2011 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Where: 350 Greenhaven Terrace, Tonawanda, NY

Buffalo Friends of Gail Nowacki Palmgren - First meeting. Gather to pick up flyers, make a plan for distribution, say a prayer as Diane has requested and take a picture of our group so Gail and her family can see our faces and know we love them. Please call me (716-998-4715) or message me with any questions. Leilani Pelletier on Facebook.

Doormouse, in response:
What are these roads like? Both are steady downgrade, Roberts Mill much more than the W. Roberts Mill...braking to avoid picking up speed is a must. W road has curves and a few straighter stretches but is a "pleasant" drive up and down. Roberts Mill is another story, pay attention the entire drive and frequent short corners.

Is it heavily wooded, or more sparsely?
W road is wooded with a few sparse areas, but the "outside" edge does have some very steep vertical areas. A couple of "driveway" wide areas which are not guardrailed but not for the faint of heart to drive down. More people living closer together or closer to the road.

Roberts Mill - the woods along it are not populated in several areas at all. Definitely could get back into a couple of areas with a 4WD. Has many steep verticles and rolling rocky areas with jutting rock formations back off of the road. Not dense enough to stop walking as long as you were paying attention but, almost all of it sloping and quite a bit of rock face.

Density? As far as a visual inspection, two or three weeks ago you could see about 20-30 feet in. Now, with the leaves and other cover growing it cuts the range to at least 1/2 in most places or less. I just keep hoping to catch a glint of windshield or glass reflecting...

Is it a high drop off the side, or barely? In some areas YES. Some sections (mostly guardrailed) ar high enough and steep enough to give you a moment of vertigo. Very few "flat" spots.

Whats at the bottom? Do people hike/fish/adventure in the area that a jeep would land in off the road?

Remember that these roads both are cut across the face of the mountain, and across and along the edge of the mountain where it is physically possible. On the W there are more houses built around it. But yes, there are areas where it would be possible. Not all of the areas of the base immediately below the roads would be highly traveled by hikers or hunters without purpose. And yes some do, but it is not a terrain to just go out and walk without preparation. Have been some tricky rescues in the area requiring repellers assitance. Hope this helps.

Absolutely spot on description.

I think you mean Falling Water.. Fall Creek Falls is on a completely different set of mountains and in Van Buren Co, TN.

ETA: You can get to Fall Creek Falls by going through Bledsoe Co or by taking Hwy 111 up Cagle Mtn in Dunlap and stay straight on that road past Skyline and the turn off to go to McMinnville.

Correct, Falling Water. Sorry about that!

I posted this a bit ago, but I'll respond here as well . . . Diane wants as much exposure and people looking for Gail and her Jeep. Local, regional, national . . . whatever anyone can get is great!!! We just want Gail found and home safe with her children.

Why does this question keep popping up???? It is something that continually needs refuting, each time the answer is the same one...All attention possible is desired Why is it still an issue???

The only one I have seen is someone driving around 70mph at night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOORV0rfZjI
Okay folks, here is trip UP Roberts Mill Rd in the daylight. Please note that this was shot in the winter, right now everything is covered and lush green so visibility is a lot lower now. I am posting both link and embedded.

http://youtu.be/KrmYnwDogE0

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KrmYnwDogE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bolded by me.

Hmmmm...."call say little" --what could that mean?

it could possibly be a mis-text. some of those phones put the word in for you and sometimes its wrong. i have to decipher texts i get sometimes for that very reason. jmo, but it might have meant "headed down...can say little" and that would make more sense. of course i have no idea if that is the case or not, just a possibility.

Just thinking today that possibly Gail has driven to a safe house (or been driven) due to family disturbances documented. Just so hard to fathom that her vehicle has not been spotted anywhere.

Gail is the 2nd mysterious person missing here in Tennessee within a short time. First Holly Bobo and now Gail...

it could possibly be a mis-text. some of those phones put the word in for you and sometimes its wrong. i have to decipher texts i get sometimes for that very reason. jmo, but it might have meant "headed down...can say little" and that would make more sense. of course i have no idea if that is the case or not, just a possibility.

My impression is she left word for the call back knowing she would be driving with children during the call back. I assumed she would take the call by blue-tooth while driving. I would be wanting to remind my friend the children will be listening. I do that with my grown children calling... letting them know someone will be riding with me. They often start right in assuming I am alone! Or when they call I say right away "Say hello to ___________!"

Why does this question keep popping up???? It is something that continually needs refuting, each time the answer is the same one...All attention possible is desired Why is it still an issue???

The issue first came up because there have been people who say that putting this in the media might embarrass Matt. MacGyver reported someone even made anonymous call(s) saying that the fliers for Gail might embarrass Matt, and she had probably just run off anyway.

The reason it came up Friday is because someone posted that the family didn't want "certain ones" to get info. I don't think many of us understood what that person was saying, and we just wanted to clarify, because it sounded a little like someone near the family was saying that they DIDN'T want certain media attention. Here's the post:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6522295&postcount=132"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3[/ame]

I don't recall JBean confirming that, the one thing I recall her confirming is that is was Gail leaving in the Jeep.

I found what I was remembering. It's not a confirmation, you're right, it's basing the time on what we knew then, that the call to Diane was "moments" before she went missing.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6518758#post6518758"]TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3 - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

ThoughtFox,
I would have to agree about Google Earth, just providing a little real world perspective :)

May I add info on the great videos you found?

The first one is Signal Mountain Blvd/Taft Hwy/127 (the "main" road up/down the mountain).

The second is the W-Road.

If no video is available of Roberts Mill I would be happy to shoot a drive for you tomorrow. Let me know if I can help. Feel free to email me.

Are you sure that second one is the W-Road? It seems too long of a drive for that. The person who put it on YouTube has it tagged as Roberts Mill Road, so I wrote to her and asked her which road it was.

This is the W-Road:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sddwvc1xEI4&feature=related[/ame]​

Just thinking today that possibly Gail has driven to a safe house (or been driven) due to family disturbances documented. Just so hard to fathom that her vehicle has not been spotted anywhere.

Gail is the 2nd mysterious person missing here in Tennessee within a short time. First Holly Bobo and now Gail...

People who know about such things here have said that if she was in a Safe House, they at least would have alerted the police by now.

And why would she want her children to suffer this way if it was just about hiding from the husband? I can't believe she would leave them hanging this way. JMO

Howdy all and 'welcomes' to our newbies,

Thanks everyone for being a part of brainstorming and getting the word out about Gail.

Additionally, big thanks to emeraldgem, hollyblue, and fireflylink for the great responses to the questions I asked about the terrain, particularly those with sheer drop offs and waterways alongside.

To Gail's close friends, thanks for being here and letting us be alongside you in this.

Hi Snowbunny, thanks for responding... You wrote:

>>With all due respect, I hate to say this but it doesn't matter how educated one is or the positions of power one has held in life, when it comes to matters of the heart and family. People that are use to being in control of everything tend to fall harder when things spin out of control because they are not use to dealing with it. I've seen it happen time and time again.<<

Good point about those who have been in control falling harder when things spin out of control, I know that from personal experience. The point I was addressing, however, was not of a fall but rather of a personal strength and ability to handle coming back and facing whatever music may need to be faced in the event Gail did leave of her own volition and wish to return home again.

Someone said a whole lot when they said something about a mother returning to her children. In 60 years, I have learned what it is like to be in control, spin out of control and come back. I know what it is like to feel desperate, suicidal, crazy, get over a hump with meds, face off with perimenopause a failing marriage etc. Based on the little I have learned about Gail, she is capable of handling things in a come back, even if she did need to retreat for a while.

I "hope" that Gail is in retreat, I don't believe she is. Gail was in communication with friends all along and was not afraid to discuss problems, I don't think she just suddenly stopped communication or dealing with problems because she went wacko. I think there is writing on the wall and I am very uncomfortable about her well being after reading it.

I am glad there will be people out searching, I am scared of what might be found.

PS. I can't help but think that there has been a car accident, unintentional or intentional -- but not of Gail's choosing.

&#8220;Headed down...call say little.&#8221;

Another interpretation of this could be: Say little cause my cell phone is tapped?

Which gives me hope because she could have ditched the phone.

Or, perhaps, if someone else calls, please say little. It sure sounds to me like she was very afraid of someone. My gosh - what happened to this poor lady -- was she threatened? drugged? being set up? There's usually some kind of build up before an awful event like this -- what drove her to this?

Yes, before this article, all indications were that Gail was talking to her sister on the phone April 30 around noon, I assumed as she was driving away from her home in Signal Mtn.. But that is my assumption, that she was in the car.

It just struck me, maybe she was preoccupied with the phone call to her sister, as well as her emotions, and that's why she didn't acknowledge SB waving at her.

Gail called Diane from the lake house in AL at 6 in the morning... before she left to return to SM at noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member