Remains found in Big Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if those tanks are just storage tanks? As I have said, I cannot find those tanks on aerial images anywhere. However, if I am reading the Google maps accurately, the aerials have not been updated since 2010. If they did not build those tanks until right before or around the time that Hailey disappeared, could Shawn have had access to the restricted area to deliver supplies for the building of those tanks and had it still that day, so he would not have been questioned if he were in the area at that time?

Desert Tanks website.

http://deserttanks.com/

Does anyone know if those tanks are just storage tanks? As I have said, I cannot find those tanks on aerial images anywhere. However, if I am reading the Google maps accurately, the aerials have not been updated since 2010. If they did not build those tanks until right before or around the time that Hailey disappeared, could Shawn have had access to the restricted area to deliver supplies for the building of those tanks and had it still that day, so he would not have been questioned if he were in the area at that time?

Here's a Bing map but I don't know that it's any better than google maps http://binged.it/GBwj17

Hailey's father doesn't live in Dunn anymore either passion- drat, I think it is Corpus, or maybe Aransas Pass...on the Texas Coast
But Hailey does still have extended family members in Snyder and CCty

an area near the Colorado City airport is what was referred to as being (more) recently searched, not the Big Spring one.....as that area is believed to have been of some interest. It was mentioned that they searched north of Ccty...I can't lay hands on a MSM link at the moment

The remains were found in a pasture-
http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=33411

I am going to take the liberty of assuming it would be in this area,near Rockhouse and Wasson until further mentioned in MSM- sorry I don't past maps well- but here is the coordinate
32.2083, -101.5084

Here's the Google Earth image based on your coordinates, sreshowtime.

ScreenHunter_02Mar202141.jpg

Here's a Bing map but I don't know that it's any better than google maps http://binged.it/GBwj17

Thanks! I'm just not finding them anywhere around the airport on the aerials. I bet those tanks have only been there since late 2010 and that SA may have had restricted access to the area at the time. JMOO though.

Does anyone know the name of the company SA worked for?

It always seems that the deceased are found by accident and hardly ever by searchers.
JMOO

Found by accident and so close to home (or the suspect's home) :'( "if" this is Hailey. As sad as it is, I do hope the remains are of Hailey. Then her family will have answers to what happened to their beautiful young girl and be able to lay her to rest. AND put the monster(s) away who did this to her. :moo:

THANKS SO MUCH to all of you posting links and info! You guys truly are the BEST when it comes to finding all the info and leads. It is you guys - our MEMBERS - who ARE Websleuths and we appreciate all of your work, skills and caring.

Thanks!
:heartluv:

OK! If this is Hailey then SA HAD HER IN HIS TRUCK that morning he quit I bet!

That's what I'm thinking too. He couldn't wait to leave work. Didn't he leave within a half hour? He says he quit.

SHAWN ADKINS:Yes, that morning I drove to work, I quit my job, turned in my belongings, and I didn’t speak to nobody at work. I left work and stopped by at this residence and nobody was here. So I continued going toward Sea City and I got on I-20 and went to Big Springs at my mother’s house. I made calls on my cell phone to my mom letting her know I quit my job and everything. I got to my mom’s house that day and got on the Internet looking up unemployment to see if I could get an unemployment check until I could get back on my feet and everything. That was my day and then I went home around 3:00 I guess.
Hailey was there watching TV in the living room. I went into me and Billie’s bedroom and she came in there and told me she was going to her father’s house and that she was staying the night with a friend.
Then she left and then I was there by myself for no more than an hour at the most and then David and a friend came over and they went to his room and they were playing video games and so forth. Billie called me and told me that her relief got there and she was going to get to leave a little early so I was there in Snyder at the hospital to pick her up and then we came back and went to bed shortly after that.

Weaver Pipeline. It's on my map with the rest of the info.

I wonder if Weaver ever rented out or sold equipment to companies setting up huge tanks like that. They would need some kind of pipeline for the gas and fuel, I imagine. Would SA ever be delivering equipment to the area?

Areas over in Big Spring State Park , less than 2 miles to the E/NE were searched , umm, in the last couple of weeks

I imagine they mean long enough that the remains are no longer readily, visibly identifiable...hard to say, would be based on numerous factors...may Oriah or Sarx can provide more imput....

Consider this...Caylee Anthony's body was only laying out in the open for about three months and she was completely skeletonized.

Hailey disappeared just after Christmas 2010. This part of Texas experienced a record-setting freeze in Feb. 2011, followed by record setting heat and drought June through September. The wind, as always, has been blowing hard. This winter was very mild, but we have had more rain than usual this spring.

If it is Hailey and she has been out there all along, there is not going to be much left except bones. The best bet for evidence will be if her body was wrapped in something. MOO

I wonder if the clothing was still identifiable. Wasn't she supposedly wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt?

It depends on the conditions of the area where the remains were found.

Tell you guys what, spending time in the UID forum is really enlightening. A lot of these questions would be answered for you. I suggest y'all spend some time in there when you have time, familiarize yourself with some of the cases and you'll know the answers to a lot of these questions next time around. :grouphug:

In the meantime, I'm on pins and needles. And I'm just going :what: at how you guys discovered that SA might have ties to the site of the remains.

:thud:

If this is Hailey, I hope the location is very helpful in determining/reinforcing...who the suspect is...it sounds like it would be. JMO

How could anyone just leave a beautiful person out in a pasture like this?
Not even dig a grave?
Oh I pray for forensic evidence!!!

Just read this coming in late on twitter. I only read back a few pages since this thread started. My apologies if it's already known.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=480182&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Snipped

One of the men who discovered the remains tells BigCountryHomePage.com's Victor Sotelo that although the body was significantly decomposed, he was able to determine that one part of the remains was a hand, which he described as belonging to a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita