GUILTY MO - Britny Haarup, 19, & Ashley Key, 22, Edgerton, 13 July 2012

A Clay County sheriff’s deputy found the truck about 11 a.m. Saturday parked in a shady area along a gravel stretch of 200th Street, about ¼-mile east of the Platte and Clay county line. The site is about 1.5 miles west of U.S. 169.

A bean field sits to the south. A pasture surrounded by corn fields sits to the north.

Officials from Platte and Clinton counties searched the fields. Kansas City police helicopter officers helped from the air. The truck was taken to the Kansas City crime laboratory to be processed, said Capt. Joseph King of the Platte County Sheriff’s Office.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/14/3705090/searchers-find-missing-womens.html#storylink=cpy

does anyone know how far from the home the truck was found?

(I am previously from the general area.. will try to throw a map together)

Google maps shows distance from Edgerton, MO (last seen) to Trimble, MO (where truck found abandoned) only 5.5 miles/10 minutes!

just bumping this up since I just asked the question..

this is not far at all.. so here is my question: say they WERE abducted from the home... why take their truck? Wouldn't the perp/perps have their own vehicle?

If something happened in the home and their POV was taken I would think there would be possibly more than one perp: just moo at this point (either that or something else is going on that we do not know about yet esp considering the last article that said one of the sisters was mixed up with a rough crowd)

this is not far at all.. so here is my question: say they WERE abducted from the home... why take their truck? Wouldn't the perp/perps have their own vehicle?

Could indicate more than one person. Could also be an attempt by the perp/perps to cover their tracks.

I was hoping they would have returned home by now. It isn't looking good, in my opinion.

does anyone know how far from the home the truck was found?

(I am previously from the general area.. will try to throw a map together)

A map would be awesome Nurse!
I just cant see a new Mama like that leaving her babies ALONE. She musta fought hard to stay in that house...IMO. OR,I could be seeing this all wrong. But,to me,this looks like an abduction of some sort.
I want to know if their truck was caught on video. How many peaople were in that truck...?? Just the girls? Do we know if this vehicle belongs to one of the sisters. I'll go back and read the articles again. But need some java first.

This is certainly expected. I was just posting that there's no way a woman would leave her infants without kicking and screaming the whole way and without leaving behind blood. The fact that it wasn't cleaned up could be helpful in ruling out certain people.

Both women were relatively small. But how do you grab two women? And in broad daylight? It doesn't seem possible. I think it happened in the early morning.

Good question.
Maybe by threatening to hurt the babies. Perhaps Britny knew the babies would have a better chance alone in the house,where someone would eventually discover them,then in the vehicle.
IMO...as usual.

To wit, I know a lot of people I would consider to be among the "bad crowd". To my knowledge, none of them have or are likely to abduct two young women from their own home. So...

1. Could they have gone out at night and never returned? Is it possible that the fiance left the home for work and unknowingly left the two babies at home alone? Is there a statement where he says he saw either or both women before he left for work?

2. Was there anyone else visiting the house on Thursday? Could someone have spent the night? Perhaps one sister was out late and brought home a guy. And perhaps that guy was still at the house when the fiance left for work.

3. Both children belong to Britny, correct? MM is said to be her fiance and is apparently the father of the younger child. The older child has Britny's maiden name, and I assume that the older child has a different father. She didn't give the child dad's name? Why not? Ashley appears to have been married to someone named Key. So there have been several men and in out of the lives of these young women. The police must have their hands full with interviewing people.

4. An unlikely scenario involves quarreling sisters. I'll just throw it out there for now.

To wit, I know a lot of people I would consider to be among the "bad crowd". To my knowledge, none of them have or are likely to abduct two young women from their own home. So...

1. Could they have gone out at night and never returned? Is it possible that the fiance left the home for work and unknowingly left the two babies at home alone? Is there a statement where he says he saw either or both women before he left for work?

2. Was there anyone else visiting the house on Thursday? Could someone have spent the night? Perhaps one sister was out late and brought home a guy. And perhaps that guy was still at the house when the fiance left for work.3. Both children belong to Britny, correct? MM is said to be her fiance and is apparently the father of the younger child. The older child has Britny's maiden name, and I assume that the older child has a different father. She didn't give the child dad's name? Why not? Ashley appears to have been married to someone named Key. So there have been several men and in out of the lives of these young women. The police must have their hands full with interviewing people.

4. An unlikely scenario involves quarreling sisters. I'll just throw it out there for now.

Does the fiance live at the house with the two sisters and the babies? Do we know if anyone else resides there?

Back to you HeinekenMan..

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/14/3705090/searchers-find-missing-womens.html#storylink=cpy

After Meyers reported the women missing Friday, authorities began searching for a white 2002 Dodge Ram pickup truck that had been parked outside until about 9:30 a.m. Friday. The truck belongs to Meyers’ father, Jay Meyers, who lives within sight of his son’s house.

I see here the truck belongs to the fiances father.

That's a VERY informative article. Some reporter did a good job getting facts. This seems noteworthy:

Key, who has a 4-year-old daughter, had been through a rough year, her father said. He described her lifestyle as “colorful.”

She had reached out to her sister a week ago, asking to move in while getting back on her feet, he said. Now he fears someone from Key’s past abducted both of his girls.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/1...ssing-womens.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Where was her daughter? With dad or with another person?

Key, who has a 4-year-old daughter, had been through a rough year, her father said. He described her lifestyle as “colorful.”

She had reached out to her sister a week ago, asking to move in while getting back on her feet, he said. Now he fears someone from Key’s past abducted both of his girls.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/1...ssing-womens.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

I just posted the same thing! If he suspects someone from her past, does he know of someone who is not accounted for?

This doesn't look good. We have blood in the house, missing mom, children unharmed, boyfriend at work, truck found away from the home, where's the cell phone ... that all points towards the boyfriend or father of the children.

The truck was last scene in front of the house at 9:30 am Friday. Meyer's father lives across the street, owns the truck and must have noticed when it was gone. That evening, they were reported missing by MM. Wasn't the truck found Saturday at 4:30 pm? I wonder when MM went to work.

Does the fiance live at the house with the two sisters and the babies? Do we know if anyone else resides there?

It sounds like he does, since his father lives within viewing distance and the truck that was parked at the girl's house is owned by MM's father.

This reminds me of the Karen Swift case. In my opinion, if the bodies are found in the opposite direction of the vehicle, it points to the boyfriend. I suppose it might be someone associated with the sister's relationsihp as well - was she leaving a bad situation? It sure doesn't seem random.

Was the sister sleeping on the sofa ... she'd only been there a week. Wasn't the duvet on the sofa covered in blood? I wonder who the target was.

There is a post on Ashley's page dated 6-29-12. It sounds like Ashley moved away, but left her daughter? Trying to make sense of what was happening at that time. Did the child's Father have custody of her?

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.key.142

xiFfa.St.81.jpeg

U5Whb.SlMa.81.jpeg

Pictures of the home.
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/14/3705670/search-continues-for-edgerton.html#slide-9

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back