Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think theyll take alot of stick for leaving the kids back here. People can be very cruel and I think it would make things even harder for them especially if its discovered the worst has happened to Maddie. Fingers crossed that wont be the case.

I've been searching to see what news I can find today. So far I've found 2 things, that a Russian home in a neighboring town was searched on the 20th, possibly related to SM, and that LE did find traces of Madeline in Robert Murat's home. Links to follow:

Search of Russian home: http://gazetadigitalarquivo.blogspot.com/2007/05/em-directo-da-praia-da-luz-algarve-news.html
Smippet
"For a couple of hours, I’ve been in the outskirts of Benagil, a small village five miles from Lagoa. Police has been searching the house of a Russian, who may have some relation with Sergei Malinka. The house, according to news from Diário de Notícias, is a fortress, whit high walls, barbed wire, dogs and armed guards."

Traces of Madeline in Murat home: http://crimeblog.us/?p=429
Snippet
"Paulo {Reis} writes:

– Police dogs have found traces of Madeleine McCann at Murat’s house, according to Mr Barra da Costa, a former CID inspector, criminologist and academic. Mr Barra da Costa revealed this detail during an interview with the Portuguese channel RTP…

PS: In reading anything from the Portugese Press we are reminded to take everything with a grain of salt!

I dont understand why you call it bashing the parents, when in reality they are responsible for the welfare of their children, in this instance, there was no parental guidance, its fact not bashing that the parents should not have left there children alone. It doesnt matter what country lifestyle we lead, it is globally known that parents are responsible for their children, they were not there for them and now Madelaine is missing. This is not parent bashing, its called responsibility.

Well said Shazza. Thank you.

by Dingo-
The parents made a big mistake and poor little Maddie is paying for it...The parents are at fault and all my sympathy is going to Maddie...not her neglectful parents,they have no excuse as to why they left their babies alone.....as someone posted earlier, if this had been a poor white family we would have been down on them like a ton of bricks.....
Thoughts and prayers for Maddie.
Exactly.

This is an interesting review re Murat:

http://groups.google.com/group/crim...4f569222230/5c3456b73b4d0a1c#5c3456b73b4d0a1c
Snippet
" . . Casually dressed, with jeans, blue plastic sandals and a blue and
white chequered shirt, Murat took the initiative to talk with two
Portuguese journalists, saying that he knew very well Madeleine’s
parents, that they were both doctors, and he was “deeply disturbed
with the abduction, because he had a three year old daughter who, by
coincidence, was also called Madeleine”. His daughter, as was later
revealed, is called Sophia. . . ."

I did read somewhere ;) that Murat and SM were seen together at a Plaze of a shopping center both sitting at a table talking on the day Madeline was taken. I'll try to find that.

I agree that everyone's opinion on whether or not the parents were to blame needed to be expressed. I just think it was becoming very redundant.
And thank you Sherri for explaining to me how things work here on websleuths, because I had no idea....
i know you knew that. i was pointing out that this is no diffrent than what we often do here. i am sorry i offended you.

Isn't Kimberly on tonight with The Lineup? I hope so, cause she'll cover it and we'll see what's shakin today.

Right now it is 2:30 in Portugal I think. But you never know when something will break op[en in a case. Look at today with at Lisa S's case, a tarp was found in her husband's truck with her blood on it! Who would have expected that with all the searches they've done?

Scandi

Could some one show me where there culture allows them to leave their children alone, I have read this in many posts but there has been no proof of this, people are assuming this. I am of European background and leaving your children alone is definitely not true, see how stories quickly get turned around. Those children needed supervision 24/7 and didnt get it.

Could some one show me where there culture allows them to leave their children alone, I have read this in many posts but there has been no proof of this, people are assuming this. I am of European background and leaving your children alone is definitely not true, see how stories quickly get turned around. Those children needed supervision 24/7 and didnt get it.

Hi Shazza, On this page is a post from a gal living in the UK, writefx, I think. She says this is common although she is dead set against mom's leaving their children like this. I am totally against it too, but did hear a discussion about this exact subject yesterday on FOX.

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?threadid=298421&perpage=40&pagenumber=4
Snippet
" . .

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me joining in. I live in England and couldn't find a similar forum.

As to earlier questions about childcare in UK. Everyday when I walk to the shops I see small children, beautiful blond girls under 5 that play on a green, no adults in sight. They talk to me and I've often thought about the dangers to them.

When I moved into my house 20 years ago I was stunned to see some children toddling up my road, naked just wearing nappies all alone. Found out they lived in the next road.

One the the neighbours used to let her small children out alone then complained when their bikes were run over after they left them in the middle of the street. She works for social services. . ."

Hi Shazza, On this page is a post from a gal living in the UK, writefx, I think. She says this is common although she is dead set against mom's leaving their children like this. I am totally against it too, but did hear a discussion about this exact subject yesterday on FOX.

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?threadid=298421&perpage=40&pagenumber=4
Snippet
" . .

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me joining in. I live in England and couldn't find a similar forum.

As to earlier questions about childcare in UK. Everyday when I walk to the shops I see small children, beautiful blond girls under 5 that play on a green, no adults in sight. They talk to me and I've often thought about the dangers to them.

When I moved into my house 20 years ago I was stunned to see some children toddling up my road, naked just wearing nappies all alone. Found out they lived in the next road.

One the the neighbours used to let her small children out alone then complained when their bikes were run over after they left them in the middle of the street. She works for social services. . ."
I can assure you were we lived in England none of this happened, its just like here in Australia, you do see the young children wondering around without their parents it probably happens all other the world, it only takes a second and the kids are gone, but to deliberatly leave your children to go out for a meal is unfathomable.

Just read you link Scandi, and I only came across one sentence that someone said is was custom of the English to leave their children alone, Crap.:hand: There is no custom in reference to leaving your children alone, whoever has said this may do it but dont tar everyone with the same brush. The parents in Madelaines case should have been with there children and there would be no need for people who dont give a damn about kids to defend her parents when they are solely responsible for the care of their children while away on holidays in a place where they are not as well known or the people that live there did not know of them.The Kiddies were definitely too young to be left alone for the shortest amount of time. Someone has to take responsibility for this, and it is the parents.

In saying all of the above we now have to concentrate and pray that Madelaine is safe and comes home, where hopefully, her parents wont let her out of their sight.

Just read you link Scandi, and I only came across one sentence that someone said is was custom of the English to leave their children alone, Crap.:hand: There is no custom in reference to leaving your children alone, whoever has said this may do it but dont tar everyone with the same brush. The parents in Madelaines case should have been with there children and there would be no need for people who dont give a damn about kids to defend her parents when they are solely responsible for the care of their children while away on holidays in a place where they are not as well known or the people that live there did not know of them.The Kiddies were definitely too young to be left alone for the shortest amount of time. Someone has to take responsibility for this, and it is the parents.

In saying all of the above we now have to concentrate and pray that Madelaine is safe and comes home, where hopefully, her parents wont let her out of their sight.

Hi Shazza, You know, I've been thinking. I really hate it when people generalize and put people in boxes too. I'm Scandanavian, and my parents were only one generation from the old country. Yet having 6 children, they would never ever have left them alone.

I do agree with you Shazza, but I am hoping that we can look into the case from an investigative angle or two. An opportunity was given to some lech who took this little girl, and that taking of her is the important thing to me. It is maddening that all three children were left like this in a vulnerable situation, because two weeks earlier there was a man seen trying to grab 2 little girls on seperate occasions and in one of them the father was there and stopped him.

I was thinking before this that if someone wanted Madeline they would have found a way to get her somehow. I don't think that is what happened now, and he/they just needed a cute little girl - random. At first LE stated they thought she was pegged to be taken, but I think that feeling has subsided. It makes what you say much stronger, because if the parents had not been so lax or had some forethought, she would most likely be with her family now.

That is where I start now. She is in a locked suite on the ground or main floor and someone gets in. Was there anything else askew that enabled this person, a window open, the night lock not on and the regular lock easily picked? Somehow he slipped in and out between 9 and 10pm. Did the father leave the door unlocked when he was said to have checked the children at 9:30? The mother was there at 10pm and Madeline was gone!

Scandi

Could you please post a link?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/11/wmaddy511.xml

A local newspaper today reported that Mr and Mrs McCann had failed to check on their children, including two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie, on the night Madeleine disappeared.

The couple claimed they were checking on the apartment every half hour as they dined at a tapas restaurant with friends, only 100 yards away.

But the Diario de Noticias, which has consistently attacked the parents’ actions, today discredited their account. The paper claimed that staff at the Mark Warner complex told them “they did not leave their table to go and check on the children while they were having dinner.”

SewingDeb,
Thank you so much for posting the link and the snippet of the article.
That pretty much says it all.

You're welcome Philamena.

OMG, That is just the worst possible thing we could hear. So sad. I have read on other sites about posters thinking the parents should be charged with something that reflects their neglect. If this is true, I would agree. And though they might be brilliant as doctors, I would certainly be very concerned about having the twins left in their care. If they are drinking again with friends and lose track of time, who is to say it won't happen again!

Europe is evidently ripe with child snatchers. The 11 year old who was snatched this weekend from Spain and found when she and her perp were in a border town in Portugal and the police asked this man to stop and he kept on going, that is a good example. At least they rescued that girl and she is safe now and he is behind bars. They say in England there have been 50 child snatchings since Madeline was taken on the 3rd.

We all just have to remember to take everything out of a Portugese news source with a grain of salt. Scandi

Ues, Thank you SewingDeb for that link. It is a keeper for sure!

<<While you may not agree with what Maddie's parents did, they adhered to the standards of their culture, which should be respected.>>

If this truly is the culture, it needs to change pronto. This is sadly not the world we live in anymore.

It has nothing to do with culture, you show me in writing where it states that any culture says it is safe or okay to leave your children while you go out to dinner. Get with the real world please.

OMG, That is just the worst possible thing we could hear. So sad. I have read on other sites about posters thinking the parents should be charged with something that reflects their neglect. If this is true, I would agree. And though they might be brilliant as doctors, I would certainly be very concerned about having the twins left in their care. If they are drinking again with friends and lose track of time, who is to say it won't happen again!

Europe is evidently ripe with child snatchers. The 11 year old who was snatched this weekend from Spain and found when she and her perp were in a border town in Portugal and the police asked this man to stop and he kept on going, that is a good example. At least they rescued that girl and she is safe now and he is behind bars. They say in England there have been 50 child snatchings since Madeline was taken on the 3rd.

We all just have to remember to take everything out of a Portugese news source with a grain of salt. Scandi

Ues, Thank you SewingDeb for that link. It is a keeper for sure!

You're welcome Scandi. Hopefully the McCann's will never take their children's safety for granted again. I can't imagine that they would.

50 child snatchings since Madeline was taken--that just floors me! No matter what culture people are raised in, they are responsible for their children. That's the message that needs to be put out there. The days of complacency and putting them in God's hands are over--the pervs are out there whether we want to believe it or not.

The word is getting out all over the world about little Maddie:

Missing Madeleine sparks unprecedented international search

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070520/wl_uk_afp/portugalbritaincrime_070520113753

The truth is slowly coming out,those children were alone and not checked on. So whos fault is that, their culture........give me a break.

Thank you SewingDeb.

You're welcome Shazza. I know it was posted on this forum somewhere but many missed it because it is still being quoted that they checked on the children regularly. Someone knew they would have time to get in that apartment and get Madeline which leads me to believe this was not the first night the children were not checked on.

I am praying that Madeline will come home safely and soon.

Hi Shazza, You know, I've been thinking. I really hate it when people generalize and put people in boxes too. I'm Scandanavian, and my parents were only one generation from the old country. Yet having 6 children, they would never ever have left them alone.

I do agree with you Shazza, but I am hoping that we can look into the case from an investigative angle or two. An opportunity was given to some lech who took this little girl, and that taking of her is the important thing to me. It is maddening that all three children were left like this in a vulnerable situation, because two weeks earlier there was a man seen trying to grab 2 little girls on seperate occasions and in one of them the father was there and stopped him.

I was thinking before this that if someone wanted Madeline they would have found a way to get her somehow. I don't think that is what happened now, and he/they just needed a cute little girl - random. At first LE stated they thought she was pegged to be taken, but I think that feeling has subsided. It makes what you say much stronger, because if the parents had not been so lax or had some forethought, she would most likely be with her family now.

That is where I start now. She is in a locked suite on the ground or main floor and someone gets in. Was there anything else askew that enabled this person, a window open, the night lock not on and the regular lock easily picked? Somehow he slipped in and out between 9 and 10pm. Did the father leave the door unlocked when he was said to have checked the children at 9:30? The mother was there at 10pm and Madeline was gone!

Scandi
Your last paragraph has been shown not to have happended, a lie started by the media or who?......who is at fault now.
I really feel for Madelaine and I hope she is found safe and sound.
People keep telling us to stop focusing on blasting the parents and concentrate all our thoughts on Madelaing and her safe return, well I dont stop thinking and praying for that darling little girl. But I am so angry at her parents for their lack of supervision in regards to their children.
Please pray everyone that Madelaine is found safe and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304