GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
CANTON, Ga. -- The Georgia Child Abduction Response Team has joined the search Monday for 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera, who's been missing since Friday.

Her mother told 11Alive News on Monday that she actually hadn't seen her daughter since she left for work Thursday night. By the time she got home Friday morning, Joselin Rivera said Jorelys had already left for school. The girl had been in the care of a teenage family friend when she disappeared Friday afternoon.

11Alive.com to stream Canton Police press conference at 10:30 a.m.

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/...ear-old?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Just saw this on Twitter

jleslie11alive Jennifer Leslie
Jorelys' mother says daughter's purse & diary are missing. She last saw her Thurs. night before working late shift #FindJorelys #news

If those were her cans of coke and she got them from her apartment, that could verify part of the story. If someone else were also in the apartment at the time, they could have followed her back outside.
If she was carrying all four cans, her hands would have been full and more vulnerable to an attack. Were the two open cans opened by the tab or damaged in a fall?
I heard this on the news this morning where two child friends were interviewed and that they had left Jorelys alone at the park to go inside because of the cold. Was the drinks story earlier or did she go to get the drinks for someone afterwards?
So many different stories....

I'm curious about the details of this.

Specifically, what made this teenager swing in to action so quickly. It's been said that the kids have pretty free access to the apartment grounds, they're seen wandering around. Considering that's the typical level of supervision, it seems unusual to me that they reacted so quickly here - and in they were right, something was wrong.

If she left the little play area at 5, to go to the apartment and get a drink, i'd give her a full 15 minutes to do that. She might be going to the bathroom, getting a snack, whatever. Then, after that period of time sort of casually begin the search to see what's kept her.

That LE was on the scene at 5:30 is a pretty tight timeline.

Was the mother paying the girl to keep the kids outside, I wonder, so she could sleep before work and the teenager didn't want her to be in the apartment more than a minute or so because of that arrangement, and that's what caused her to quickly look for her?

If those were her cans of coke and she got them from her apartment, that could verify part of the story. If someone else were also in the apartment at the time, they could have followed her back outside.
If she was carrying all four cans, her hands would have been full and more vulnerable to an attack. Were the two open cans opened by the tab or damaged in a fall?
I heard this on the news this morning where two child friends were interviewed and that they had left Jorelys alone at the park to go inside because of the cold. Was the drinks story earlier or did she go to get the drinks for someone afterwards?
So many different stories....

What did I miss? What cans of coke?

TIA

so if mom was sleeping in the apartment and Jorleys went in to get drinks did her mom hear the door? was the door locked? did Jorleys have a key???

Just saw this on Twitter

jleslie11alive Jennifer Leslie
Jorelys' mother says daughter's purse & diary are missing. She last saw her Thurs. night before working late shift #FindJorelys #news

Ok that just sounds like someone is trying to make it look like Jorely ran away. The coke cans sounds like staging to me as well. It's like someone is trying to make one of the versions stick.

Okay. So why was the babysitter watching Jorelys and her two siblings, when the siblings had been removed from the mother's custody (temporarily) due to issues of neglect? And why was Jorelys not removed also?

Ok that just sounds like someone is trying to make it look like Jorely ran away. The coke cans sounds like staging to me as well. It's like someone is trying to make one of the versions stick.

are you inside my head Q? I am thinking the same thing.

Okay. So why was the babysitter watching Jorelys and her two siblings, when the siblings had been removed from the mother's custody (temporarily) due to issues of neglect? And why was Jorelys not removed also?

they were removed after Jorleys vanished iirc

Detectives told FOX 5 New that Jorelys’ two siblings were placed into protective custody on Saturday. They stressed that the removal of the children was not directly linked to Jorelys’ disappearance.http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/new...Missing-7-Year-Old-Canton-Girl-20111202-pm-pk

Thanks. The 11alive article upthread makes it sound like they had been removed before - "she was scheduled to appear in family court on Monday to determine whether she'd get them back".

The Fox article sounds more correct.

they are investigating from all angles... CART assisting and taking investigation to new level

they did a road block over the weekend and roadblocks ongoing now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member