GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

Last known to see her is SD and LE has stated that nobody has seen her since 8:00 am!

I did see that, but if that's the case, why isn't this being broadcast over every network or an Amber Alert issued??

Your guess is as good as mine?

Have we heard anything more about Morrill?
I see that it is a straight shot From Mitchell on US 26 which is the same as Broadway, the road on the north side of the school and the northside of Subway. They are only 6.4 miles apart or eight minutes driving time.

Look at the facebook page. Poster there said the activity ended and to his knowledge nothing was found. It was never confirmed to be related to Kerra, just his suspicions it may have been.

Mitchell Elementary School
preK - 6
Total Students (2009 - 2010): 345
Fulltime teachers: 25.0
Student/Teacher Ratio: 13.8

Regarding Kerra being seen at outside table area at Subway across the street from her school (on NG) -

I wonder if she was being 'bullied' at school, and maybe didn't want to go into school until the last bell rang and would retreat to this area after being dropped off and wait??

DH & I handed out and taped up fliers at all the truck stops, gas stations, and hotels and a few 24 hour restaurants on I-25 in our county. We also gave a few stacks to truckers going south to hang along the rest stops and other truck stops south of here. We are located 2 1/2 hours from where she went missing but close enough and a big enough city to where I wanted to get her photo in as front of as many travelers as we could.

Interesting things- every place except for McDonalds let us hang up a flier in their business. The desk clerk at Motel 6 said that there was a flier already sent out to all the Motel 6's and he had it in the break room. He actually went and got it and then my DH asked if they could tape it on the door. The clerk said sure and so it is now hanging on the glass door where guests would go inside. I just thought it was neat that they already had the flier! (just needed a little push to hang it up!) ;) The 2 truck drivers we spoke with had heard she was missing and responded with "oh no she is still missing?" so they said they would keep the word out on the radios tonight along with putting up more fliers on their routes. Everyone was real nice that we talked with and said they would definitely point her picture out to people that came into the businesses. (except mcdonalds. blah!) ;)

OT:

We had 2 fliers left and DH was actually inside a gas station putting one up when our teen son called and said, "Mom, don't freak out but the police are here! Someone hit dad's truck!" So, we rushed home to find 8 police vehicles on our street, a sobriety test in progress, and a car entangled with my DH's truck. Seems 2 drunk kids hit our neighbors jeep, almost ran our 2 neighbors over, and then tangled with my DH's truck a block away. The driver ran off but the passenger stayed and got a trip to the local jail. I of course sat outside in websleuths sleuthing mode and watched as Mr Police officer proceeded to pull some nice bags of what I assume were drugs from under the front seat. Crazy end to our evening. Thankfully no one was hurt!

Thinking and praying for Kerra tonight.

Regarding Kerra being seen at outside table area at Subway across the street from her school (on NG) -

I wonder if she was being 'bullied' at school, and maybe didn't want to go into school until the last bell rang and would retreat to this area after being dropped off and wait??
I thought of this too.Someone said on Nancy Grace they thought someone lured her to the picnic table or she met someone there.But she was seen by herself right?I feel maybe she was avoiding or hiding from someone.Waiting for someone to possibly go in the school or leave it and then she would walk to the other entrance to the school to go in.Bullies or possibly even an adult?

I posted the same question upstream a little bit. If she was dropped off at 8 am, and school bell is at 8:05, why would a kid not just go to the campus and wait with their friends? She apparently did not buy anything in the Subway, and she did not go with any friends, so it seems sad and lonely imo.

It feels to me like she was trying to stay away from the other kids at school for some reason. Either that, or someone lured her over to the Subway that morning. Maybe a friend's older sibling or parent said meet me over there and I will give you 'such and such'...?

I just don't see how a child could cross a street and walk away from a rather small school at that busy time of the morning and no one notices or thinks to make mention of it to an adult, if they did notice? And what witnesses would see such a young child alone anyplace and not think twice about it? Are the "witnesses" other kids? Or did this really not happen at all?

Per the LE Presser tonight:

Video from surveillance cameras from businesses near the school also does not show Wilson and reports that she had gone to a nearby Subway sandwich restaurant have not been confirmed.

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2011/09/22/news/doc4e7bdd201d9a2272603131.txt

I did not hear that said in the presser, going back to listen again.
NSP Briefing on Missing Child - YouTube

Wish we could send a list of questions for the morning presser.

ETA: At 10:35 in the video the question about Subway is posed. Sort of unclear whether she is replying to the question about her being seen at Subway or seen at the school.

I just don't see how a child could cross a street and walk away from a rather small school at that busy time of the morning and no one notices or thinks to make mention of it to an adult, if they did notice? And what witnesses would see such a young child alone anyplace and not think twice about it? Are the "witnesses" other kids? Or did this really not happen at all?

I'm starting to think this was just a case of mistaken identity and it didn't happen since at the presser it was specifically stated that it had not been confirmed...
The Subway was RIGHT across the street from the school so I don't think a child sitting there would be so out of place, but apparently the witnesses either weren't sure or this was perhaps a rumor or else LE would have confirmed the siting, no?
JMO

I'm sure LE has talked with Kerra's teacher, and gotten some sort of feel of her interactions with other children in class. Well, I would hope they have.

Dunno know why - but a 'bullying' scenario popped into my head first after hearing she may have been seen at table area outside subway. Definitely not a good spot for a young girl to sit alone...... who would notice anything with lots of parents dropping children off across the street? Focus would be looking towards the school.

I wanna first say that I am sick of this stuff happening to little children. It makes me sick everytime I hear a new story like this.

I read the thread and I gotta say that it reminds me of two recent cases. Kyron was taken just the way this story is unfolding and Nevaeh Buchanan was similiar in my opinion. She wasn't taken from school but she was vunerable and someone knew her.

Ironically, as I am geographically challenged, I googled the distance between Detroit and Gering and Portland and Gering. Both come up approximately 1250 miles. Probably means nothing but I find it is halfway between these two crimes.

I pray for the family of this babe and more than anything for this child. I cannot imagine what she is being subjected to. It is maddening to think of.

BTW, I used Gering Nebraska for my search. I didn't have a city so I used the county seat of Scott's Bluff County.

I wish we knew whether or not the stepdad or mom made it to work on time that Wednesday :waitasec:
I'm sure we'll find out soon...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back