17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really bothers me that GZ is a criminal justice student, very near achieving his degree, if his friend Joe is to be believed.

This tells me that GZ had a more than passing familiarity with the specifics of the stand your ground law and would know exactly what to say and portray in order to appear to fall within those specifics. :moo:

You think they talk about the stand your ground law in criminal justice classes?

I can't stop laughing at the "empty marijuana baggy"! Wouldn't that just be a baggy? Period? I carry small jewels and rhinestones in those little bitty ones. I wonder if that is what they mean? Or was it one of those snack baggies like I send M&M's and grapes in with my hubbys lunch?

Here's a question:

Where was the gun while Trayvon was on top of GZ slamming his head repeatedly into the sidewalk?

Probably in GZ's waistband. Trayvon knew nothing of this gun. Even if he had found it while on top of GZ - then why didn't Trayvon grab it?

I'm so confused. GZ's slammed into a sidewalk - so where did GZ get grass stains on the back of his shrit from? Trayvon on top beating the carp outta GZ - yet GZ has a gun on him?

:waitasec:

JMHO
It was most likely holstered in Zimmerman's waistband. What does it matter that Martin didn't know about the weapon? And who says he did not? Reports suggest that the weapon had one round missing from the chamber, and a full magazine. This could imply that Martin was grabbing the weapon when Zimmerman shot him.

The sidewalk is bordered by grass. It's possible that he landed partially on grass, partially on the sidewalk. And again, why is it so incredulous that Martin is beating Zimmerman up when Zimmerman has a gun, especially if Martin didn't know about the gun?

He's a criminal justice student, not a law student. CJ is a broad program that covers everything from law enforcement to the court system to the prison system. It more focuses on the offenders, why they do what they do, and how they make their way through the justice system. I'm not even sure SYG would be covered in any great way.

JMO as a former CJ major

http://www.seminolestate.edu/criminal-justice/college-credit/asdegree/

General law enforcement, correctional or correctional probation techniques and procedures.
Criminal investigations.
Community relations.
Emergency medical practices.
Legal issues.
Modern law enforcement technology.

Looks to me as if there was some coverage of legal issues. We cannot know how extensive that coverage is but since GZ also had a permit to carry, I am pretty sure that anything regarding lawful use of a weapon would have caught his attention. IMO MOO and all that jazz

Lots of new and interesting details in this new article that Daisy posted from the Orlando Sentinel.

Here's a few that caught me:

Police have been reluctant to provided details about all their evidence, but this is what they've disclosed to the Sentinel:

Zimmerman was on his way to the grocery store when he spotted Trayvon walking through his gated community

Trayvon was visiting his father's fiancée, who lived there. He had been suspended from school in Miami after being found with an empty marijuana baggie. Miami schools have a zero-tolerance policy for drug possession.

Trayvon asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police.

Trayvon then said, "Well, you do now" or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose.

Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police.

Zimmerman began yelling for help.

Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest from very close range, according to authorities.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_arizona-iced-tea-suv-unarmed-black-teenager

How would the school know that the "empty" baggie was an "empty marijuana baggie"? Are they specifically marked?

How would the school know that the "empty" baggie was an "empty marijuana baggie"? Are they specifically marked?
If only there was a way to test the bag for drug residue... :waitasec:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_arizona-iced-tea-suv-unarmed-black-teenager

Trayvon was visiting his father's fiancée, who lived there. He had been suspended from school in Miami after being found with an empty marijuana baggie. Miami schools have a zero-tolerance policy for drug possession.

This is why all the confusion about being suspended.Why hide this?

This means Trayvon's father is lying about why he was suspended. I hope this family realizes horrible publicity works both ways. I am so disgusted right now, watching Al Sharpton on CNN - he's at a town meeting, in a church, asking for tithes for this family, insisting on $100 bills. You can't make this stuff up. Without the facts of the case, with all the hyperbole surrounding it by the media, CNN conducted a poll and 75% of those polled believe Zimmerman (with the 7 yr. old mugshot on the screen), believe he should be arrested. I'm beyond disbelief.

And we don't have evidence to suggest that they didn't conduct a field sobriety test. Or that Zimmerman was clearly sober and the officers didn't feel the need to do the test. Many people interacted with him that night; if one person thought he was under the influence of anything do you think it would come out by now?

I wouldn't think a drunk guy on drugs would be calling LE anyway. That would be a condition in which to avoid them. I doubt there was any probably cause for them to suspect drug/alcohol use.

I still haven't heard Mr. Zimmerman's supporters address this:

How can "self-defense" be argued when GZ was on the offense and in active pursuit?

And we don't have evidence to suggest that they didn't conduct a field sobriety test. Or that Zimmerman was clearly sober and the officers didn't feel the need to do the test. Many people interacted with him that night; if one person thought he was under the influence of anything do you think it would come out by now?

I am sure if they did a field sobriety test the PD and City would have said that to justify not asking for a drug or alcohol test.

Very little has been leaked by the PD. If I listened to a 911 tape and heard a guy slurring his words I would ask him to submit to a test.

http://www.seminolestate.edu/criminal-justice/college-credit/asdegree/

General law enforcement, correctional or correctional probation techniques and procedures.
Criminal investigations.
Community relations.
Emergency medical practices.
Legal issues.
Modern law enforcement technology.

Looks to me as if there was some coverage of legal issues. We cannot know how extensive that coverage is but since GZ also had a permit to carry, I am pretty sure that anything regarding lawful use of a weapon would have caught his attention. IMO MOO and all that jazz
Yes, some coverage. That doesn't mean they're going to go nearly as in-depth into the law as someone in, say, a law program would. If it was mentioned at all, it was probably briefly mentioned because it appeared in some case they were looking at. To say that because he's a CJ student he knows the ins and outs of the law isn't necessarily true, to me. He could have just as easily found out as much about the law as anyone else with a CHP (or without, even).

It was most likely holstered in Zimmerman's waistband. What does it matter that Martin didn't know about the weapon? And who says he did not? Reports suggest that the weapon had one round missing from the chamber, and a full magazine. This could imply that Martin was grabbing the weapon when Zimmerman shot him.

The sidewalk is bordered by grass. It's possible that he landed partially on grass, partially on the sidewalk. And again, why is it so incredulous that Martin is beating Zimmerman up when Zimmerman has a gun, especially if Martin didn't know about the gun?

BBM

What report? Do you have a link for this? First I've heard of it.

TIA

I wouldn't think a drunk guy on drugs would be calling LE anyway. That would be a condition in which to avoid them. I doubt there was any probably cause for them to suspect drug/alcohol use.

Lots and lots of drunk people call 911.

I still haven't heard Mr. Zimmerman's supporters address this:

How can "self-defense" be argued when GZ was on the offense and in active pursuit?

Because we don't know who started the physical fight, and there is evidence that Trayvon did. Following someone is not illegal and Trayvon could have escalated the situation by attacking GZ, at which point Trayvon would be on the offensive.

I did not hear slurring on GZ 911 tape.I heard a man with a Va accent talking.He sounded fine IMO.

I am sure if they did a field sobriety test the PD and City would have said that to justify not asking for a drug or alcohol test.

Very little has been leaked by the PD. If I listened to a 911 tape and heard a guy slurring his words I would ask him to submit to a test.
What gives you reason to believe that police normally listen to 911 tapes directly after an event (within two hours of the event, even)?

Really? I have a friend who is a LE dispatcher. They gets drunks calling 911 all the time - even know some of them by name. Its not all that unusual.

JMHO

I didn't hear him slurring his words at all. If he was drunk, I doubt he'd call LE (from his vehicle no less). Why would they be covering for GZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni