Brad Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just me again...I see that a couple of people have asked why BC and I broke up. He was not cheating on me (that I knew of) but who knows?? To be honest, I truly could not deal with the emotional rollercoaster of being with him...the ups, the downs, the pouting, the sulking, the threats, the belittling...ask him what's wrong and get a snarky "nothing", have him pout for a week and then he suddenly erupts with a month's worth of things. The comments and the belittling ("you know you can never do better than me", "you know this is the best relationship you've ever been in", "you know you could never get someone who can afford the life you want like I can", "no one will ever love you like I do", "you'll never leave me, you know how good you have it with me", "you look like in that", "that makes you look fat", "no one will ever look at you in that", etc.). It took a huge toll on me personally, my self esteem, my being.

I am not a materialistic person. He wanted everything that made him look like he could afford all, even if he couldn't. He always wanted the car that made everyone look, the clothes that everyone always complimented him on, the physique, the everything. He just needed to look like he always had it all. I don't care about material items, I want my friends and my family and laughs and that was so far from his mind. Me me me.....it became unbearable.

There were other issues as well but these were some of the issues and I just couldn't take it. For a time, I couldn't leave it either because I had come to believe that he was right. Here was an attractive man telling me these things. Maybe I couldn't do better, maybe this was it. Thank god for my friends and my family to have finally convinced me that I could get out of it, that I did deserve better and that the things that he had tried to push into my head and control me with were untrue. It has been a long hard road away from that time and even now, the unhealthy aspects of that relationship still haunt me.

Too much information, I'm sure. :)
What a clear picture of a classic abuser. So low on self-esteem that he tears others down to build himself up.
Thank you for sharing this. It's a real eye-opener. As someone who was abused and has counseled and helped abused women I sometimes think that verbal abuse is much more toxic then "physical." As you said so well those hurtful things can stay in your head for a long, long time.

nursebeeme,
I fully understand. My point was actually directed toward SS' intro, but like I say, I'm really just being a stickler for semantics.
I agree and point taken, Magister. I would change the intro if I could, but it is too late now. I will choose my words more carefully in the future. Thanks for the reminder.

Just me again...I see that a couple of people have asked why BC and I broke up. He was not cheating on me (that I knew of) but who knows?? To be honest, I truly could not deal with the emotional rollercoaster of being with him...the ups, the downs, the pouting, the sulking, the threats, the belittling...ask him what's wrong and get a snarky "nothing", have him pout for a week and then he suddenly erupts with a month's worth of things. The comments and the belittling ("you know you can never do better than me", "you know this is the best relationship you've ever been in", "you know you could never get someone who can afford the life you want like I can", "no one will ever love you like I do", "you'll never leave me, you know how good you have it with me", "you look like in that", "that makes you look fat", "no one will ever look at you in that", etc.). It took a huge toll on me personally, my self esteem, my being.

I am not a materialistic person. He wanted everything that made him look like he could afford all, even if he couldn't. He always wanted the car that made everyone look, the clothes that everyone always complimented him on, the physique, the everything. He just needed to look like he always had it all. I don't care about material items, I want my friends and my family and laughs and that was so far from his mind. Me me me.....it became unbearable.

There were other issues as well but these were some of the issues and I just couldn't take it. For a time, I couldn't leave it either because I had come to believe that he was right. Here was an attractive man telling me these things. Maybe I couldn't do better, maybe this was it. Thank god for my friends and my family to have finally convinced me that I could get out of it, that I did deserve better and that the things that he had tried to push into my head and control me with were untrue. It has been a long hard road away from that time and even now, the unhealthy aspects of that relationship still haunt me.

RKAB, I'm so glad you got out of that situation...I myself was in a similar one, and I know how it can wear you down. Poor Nancy, probably felt stuck, with 2 children and all. That's verbal abuse, messing with your mind, and no one deserves that. Hopefully this story will help others in the same situation.

Not too much information, thanks for sharing!!
K

Nah......not too much info at all :D me likey!!! Awesome post...I wasn't sure where to snip it at LOL. Your post about BC aids in bringing an even clearer picture of him into focus.

I'm glad you had your family and friends to guide you and I'm very, very, very glad you got out of the relationship with him.

Based on your post, Brad's self serving blogs and the court documents in the custody case, Brad is a text book narcissist

§ Believing that you're better than others
§ Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
§ Exaggerating your achievements or talents
§ Expecting constant praise and admiration
§ Believing that you're special
§ Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
§ Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
§ Taking advantage of others
§ Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
§ Being jealous of others
§ Believing that others are jealous of you
§ Trouble keeping healthy relationships
§ Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional

Thank god for my friends and my family to have finally convinced me that I could get out of it, that I did deserve better and that the things that he had tried to push into my head and control me with were untrue. It has been a long hard road away from that time and even now, the unhealthy aspects of that relationship still haunt me.

So glad you got out. I only wish Nancy could have made it as well - looks like she was close. And that may have been what happened at the party. You know, you about your husband and your friends say, "Well I would never..." or "I would tell him..." and by the time you get home you are all ramped up.

I can imagine her friends encouraging her and giving her suggestions. She might have come home from that party ready to have it out once and for all. And that was all it took for him to decide that he couldn't allow her to leave.

That's my theory anyway. After almost marrying one a lot like him, I shudder to think of how it played out.

"He wanted everything that made him look like he could afford all, even if he couldn't. He always wanted the car that made everyone look, the clothes that everyone always complimented him on, the physique, the everything. He just needed to look like he always had it all." Posted by RKAB

This sounds a lot like Neil Entwistle and Jason Young.
Its all about 'look at me, my house and cars'

"Nancy and I wore full body costumes of Winnie the
Pooh characters for Halloween and Easter. I was Eeyore.
I even took the girls paddleboating while wearing the
costume at Easter. They loved it."

#26 Bradley Cooper affadavit

After reading Brads affidavits I found myself wanting to believe him at first and for a fleeting moment I felt sorry for him. It seems he is alone in the world and Nancy's family and friends have ganged up on him. The pain of having someone take your children from you must be unbearable... however...:rolleyes:

My bulls**t detector is pretty accurate and well trained. I am very good at spotting it. My husband will come home and tell a story some guy told him at work and I know right away its bull but he doesn't see it. I've known a lot of bulls**tters in my life. The fact that brad has a self-serving excuse for every thing that has been said is a clue. He doesn't admit any wrongdoing just makes excuses or flat out denies it. As well, he has the details down too good. Not many people will remember exactly what time they went somewhere and what time someone called them. Someone who has an answer for everything is highly suspect to me.

After reading Brads affidavits I found myself wanting to believe him at first and for a fleeting moment I felt sorry for him. It seems he is alone in the world and Nancy's family and friends have ganged up on him. The pain of having someone take your children from you must be unbearable... however...:rolleyes:

My bulls**t detector is pretty accurate and well trained. I am very good at spotting it. My husband will come home and tell a story some guy told him at work and I know right away its bull but he doesn't see it. I've known a lot of bulls**tters in my life. The fact that brad has a self-serving excuse for every thing that has been said is a clue. He doesn't admit any wrongdoing just makes excuses or flat out denies it. As well, he has the details down too good. Not many people will remember exactly what time they went somewhere and what time someone called them. Someone who has an answer for everything is highly suspect to me.

I would think that his cell phone has a log of incoming calls. I'm sure when the police originally came to him about Jessica Adam's 911 call they probably asked when the last time he talked to/saw Nancy.

Also who knows, maybe the computer gurus have already looked at his computer and released it back to him (if it was even seized). He could check his email dates on that.

I haven't made up my mind one way or another about the case. Most of the info in her friends' affidavits are recounting info that Nancy told them instead of directly witnessing stuff. Sometimes her friends' accounts conflict with each other. And in his affidavit and rebuttal there seems to be plenty of verifiable information in there. Whether he's lying about stuff or telling the truth, I have no doubt that the cops will figure it out.

I agree with you. It was a Saturday morning, his day off work, and he seems to have everything down to a minute detail. He's also supposed to have had a tennis game at 9:30am but didn't seem to mind having to cancel it at the last minute because Nancy didn't come home ~ yet ~ he wasn't worried about her either. Most men would be absolutely livid to have their "fun" cancelled because they had to stay home to take care of the kids. I wonder who this tennis partner is and what he's said about that day, if Brad had ever had to cancel before, and what his reaction was if he did?

Based on your post, Brad's self serving blogs and the court documents in the custody case, Brad is a text book narcissist

§ Believing that you're better than others
§ Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
§ Exaggerating your achievements or talents
§ Expecting constant praise and admiration
§ Believing that you're special
§ Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
§ Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
§ Taking advantage of others
§ Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
§ Being jealous of others
§ Believing that others are jealous of you
§ Trouble keeping healthy relationships
§ Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional

Anybody else see that alot of the Affadate was started with I

I agree with you. It was a Saturday morning, his day off work, and he seems to have everything down to a minute detail. He's also supposed to have had a tennis game at 9:30am but didn't seem to mind having to cancel it at the last minute because Nancy didn't come home ~ yet ~ he wasn't worried about her either. Most men would be absolutely livid to have their "fun" cancelled because they had to stay home to take care of the kids. I wonder who this tennis partner is and what he's said about that day, if Brad had ever had to cancel before, and what his reaction was if he did?

I don't think most men would be LIVID to have to cancel plans and take care of their kids. Disappointed and upset that their plans had to be canceled, yes, but livid, no. I think that's too broad of a statement.

I don't think most men would be LIVID to have to cancel plans and take care of their kids. Disappointed and upset that their plans had to be canceled, yes, but livid, no. I think that's too broad of a statement.
Can we agree on "angry"? :crazy:

Yes, I'm curious about this tennis partner. I guess he must exist. Obviously Brad wasn't aware that nancy was going to painting that day unless she was planning to take the kids with her.

I'm very curious why there is no affidavit from Carrie. Even though it has nothing to do with custody, allegations were made in the custody affidavits that Brad murdered Nancy. If Carrie had come forward to state that yes indeed she did go jogging with nancy that would be huge for brad OR if she said they never had any plans it would suggest that either Brad lied or nancy lied which I guess gets us nowhere really since nancy is dead...however if this were the case and nancy lied because she had l"eaving business" to take care of I'm guessing Jessica was probably aware of it and would have said so by now.

The whole Carrie business is a mystery - I'm guessing Brad will dismiss it by saying he may have misundertood and thought nancy was going with her when she wasn't. Also what was the business about carrie standing nancy up the morning before? what was the relevance of that in the affidavit? Also, I found it strange that Brad knew where Carrie lived, knew her car but didnt know her last name or her phone number - how convenient.

At least it wasn't golf, or fishing....:crazy:

Anybody else see that alot of the Affadate was started with I

Well, shouldn't it? He is stating his own case for him being a fit father.

Honestly, I don't have experience reading affidavits in custody cases. For those that do, when a custody case is contentious, how do most affidavits look when both parents are trying to prove that they are fit parents? Are there lots of "I" statements on both sides? I am genuinely curious.

Unfortunately, we'll never see Nancy's "I" statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member