**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO> Bottom line the report states MY had seat belt on but the trooper has no way of knowing if she did or didn't. Did the trooper state why JY ran off the road?

But as someone else stated they dont just look at if someone had a seat belt on.... There are a number of things they look at.... Troopers are trained in Crash Investigation and Enforcement.................

LOL, I think the point in question relates to wearing seatbelts. Would Michelle have any reason to lie to the officer about whether she was wearing her seatbelt? She was there when the report was given and had a responsibility to correct Jason if he lied ... she didn't correct him, so it's fair to assume that it is true that she was wearing her seatbelt.

Actually Michelle did have a reason to lie.

Not only does the passenger get a ticket in N.C., but so does the driver of the vehicle.

Jason's favorite thing...$$$$$$$$$$$.

I am suggesting MY was not interviewed about the accident details.
You may want to go back and watch the testimony.

The officer said she did not contradict anything JY said. She was probably stunned, afraid and not willing to contradict JY at this point.

The same state trooper was asked again years later if he thought there was anything suspicious, after MY's death.

He still replied NO.

Why would he lie?
Because he is related to one of the defendants friend's?

Guess he was like me and didn't smoke in front of his friends. Wasn't there testimony by buddies that they had never seen him smoke? I don't smoke in front of lots of people cause I know they don't like it. jmo

Do you hide the fact that you smoke or just don't smoke in front of them out of respect for their dislike of the habit?

Circumstantial evidence requires the jurors to make logical inference....that is how it works. Fill in the dots, make assumptions or however you want to make it sound like it is an issue is incorrect IMO. The whole point is it requires one to make inferences.

He wouldn't. Still, his report and testimony was omitted by the prosecution because it did not support their theory. The prosecution instead chose to introduce information about the accident by presenting rumor and gossip to the jury.

I hope the jury picked up on this, if they get the feeling the PT is trying to pull the wool over their eyes, make them feel gullible, it want be good for the PT. MOO

There is proof that the camera was tampered with. I don't dispute that. There is not proof that JY did the tampering.

A NG verdict doesn't mean innocent, so the jury doesn't have to assume anything to get to that. They just have to see reasonable doubt in the state's case.

Yep! Remember the one juror from the CA case... She didn't believe CA was innocent, but they had no evidence she actually killed that poor baby..

I am in the way back wondering if you ever got a straight answer?
Nothing convoluted just a simple explanation. It may take me until tomorrow to find out. I will just keep plugging along.

Are you asking about the accident Jason said he saw?

I posted the 3 reasons earlier but I will again.

1) In Jason's email to Gen,he describes the accident he saw

2)In an email from Michelle to Shelle, she asks her if she could find out about the accident, cause Jason was worried, and Shelle works in a hospital

3) In Jason's testimony, he says the same thing

The trooper was not related to one of JY's friends. The sherriff's deputy that was already on the scene when the trooper arrived is brother to one of JYs friends.

IMO and recall from trial testimony

Circumstantial evidence requires the jurors to make logical inference....that is how it works. Fill in the dots, make assumptions or however you want to make it sound like it is an issue is incorrect IMO. The whole point is it requires one to make inferences.

Exactly what I meant when I said in my prior post that either verdict requires assumptions.

I wasn't doubting you, mck16.

I hope you didn't think that.

Oh no. It was a legitimate question. It was just that last night when I saw that it made me think of JY's car. This person had actually taken the water hose and washed the inside of his truck. :)

It happened again 2 days ago. Wife was 5 months pregnant. Luckily he wasn't able to kill his entire family! (or himself) It happens when men don't want kids or more kids.
It happens when men have a habit of running around. They love sex! BUT pregnancy? not so much! If they ever develop a profile of men who murder the women they impregnate JY, just like Scott Peterson would fit the mold nicely. IMO MY is lucky JY didn't kill her before she had her first baby and should never have attempted a 2nd child with him ~however I am NOT saying SHE knew that! I find JY to be a pompass creepy person.
~moo
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region...talized-after-shooting-in-suburban-lake-worth

What is with these psychopaths! Homicide remains a leading cause of death among pregnant women, most often by a spouse or boyfriend. This is an interesting article:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3316485&page=1
Mentions a psychiatrist who said the men who do this are psychopaths. They all do fit that mold don't they? Philandering, self important narcissists who think they are a lot smarter than they really are!

That's a pretty harsh comment....imo.

Otto has posted the entire accident report numerous times here.

It was what it was, an accident.

She wasn't interviewed, but she was standing right there. Since she was known as a meticulous, detail-oriented person, I don't think she would have let JY get away with anything funky.
Standing right where? According to the witness that took the stand ( the one related to a friend of JY)- neither occupant was there. They both had been taken to the hospital.

Actually Michelle did have a reason to lie.
Not only does the passenger get a ticket in N.C., but so does the driver of the vehicle.

Jason's favorite thing...$$$$$$$$$$$.

The State Trooper had no reason to believe anyone lied about the seat belts. She did not present herself to be injured after being treated at the hospital. Why would the Trooper believe anyone was not telling the truth..

Do you hide the fact that you smoke or just don't smoke in front of them out of respect for their dislike of the habit?

Mostly hide the fact that I smoke. From grandkids, co workers, etc. The main reason is because I quit for almost 15 years and then started again. I think I am mostly embarassed that I started again. And one of my sons is a doctor and he hates it. You know what I mean? I smoke around people who also smoke.

2)In an email from Michelle to Shelle, she asks her if she could find out about the accident, cause Jason was worried, and Shelle works in a hospital

Thank you. No reason to believe any of the three. These are Jason's words.

Mostly hide the fact that I smoke. From grandkids, co workers, etc. The main reason is because I quit for almost 15 years and then started again. I think I am mostly embarassed that I started again. And one of my sons is a doctor and he hates it. You know what I mean? I smoke around people who also smoke.

I bet they know. Non smokers can smell smoke on a smoker a mile away - or at least that was my experience when I was a smoker. - (ETA even when you try to mask the smell with perfume)

IMO

The "source" of all three tales, being Jason, the mute/liar/mute/take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire