IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted by Karenlisam I think.

I too find the phrasing that they feel strongly they are alive very promising

We had a high profile case in the UK a few years back where a little girl called Shannon Matthews went missing . She was found two weeks later - her mother had staged her disappearance and she was hiding at an uncles flat . I believe a misguided motive of reward money was the reason ie the plan was a reward would be issued and the uncle would "find " Shannon somewhere and claim the reward .

It was a truly odd case but reports into the policing of the case afterwards revealed that the police suspected from a couple of days in that Shannon was alive but did not know where she was held . I imagine they must have felt confident no harm would come to her if their suspicions were correct and the mother was involved

I'm hoping now this case might be the same ie meth habit , crazy reward money making scheme , girls disappearance staged and they are hidden somewhere ready to be "found" by someone who will then collect a reward

Link to some info on the shannon case for anyone interest
ed in the theory

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidna...annon_Matthews

This is very similar to theory I have on this case. Thanks Karen.

I live in Scotland and know this case well it was huge in the UK. The worry and anger it caused was unbelievable. The mother has been released, has a job and is writing a book which is making people very angry.

The police said it was significant that during the time Shannon was "missing" when the tv cameras were on Shannon's mum was fake tearful but as soon as the cameras were off she was fine. This is how the police knew something was up.

It has crossed my mind if this is a copycat crime for money. The problem is the family will be prosecuted for this if they are doing it so it's not worth it. I sincerely hope this is not the case and thankfully there is no evidence of this.

I was just wondering is there any information whatsoever about the girls having any injuries, any mistreatment, trips to the hospital or long periods off school in the past?

Have Misty and Heather done any tv interviews together? I've seen Aunt Tammy & Grandma Wylma with Misty, but not Heather.

I will look for it. I am pretty sure Tammy said it in her Nancy Grace interview.

You were right, it is the Nancy Grace interview with Jim Spellman. I haven't watched it but, I'm about to!

The first thing that I found when I did a search for the video or transcript of the interview is a statement analysis of this exact interview that is really, super interesting.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Breault's plea for help fits with what David Finkelhor, director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center, expected would happen after the case was reclassified as an abduction. He said investigators now may be more dependent on tips from the public.

"They've got to cast a much wider net. They could be miles from that spot there," said Finkelhor, who is based at the University of New Hampshire.

Finkelhor said if the girls were abducted by a stranger, the statistics are grim — his research shows that 40-50 percent of children in that situation aren't recovered alive. But, he said, abductions by strangers are so rare that it's difficult to predict what might happen.

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/loc...11e1-8002-001a4bcf887a.html?comment_form=true

On the other hand, a whole lot less grim than finding them in the lake.

In any event, this case is odd. My BS meter has been pegged on this from the first thread. It seemed unlikely they would go swimming and manage to drown without a trace, and it seems equally odd that they would happen to encounter a kidnapper who, on the spur of the moment, manages to abduct them from a relatively public area without a trace.

Normally, statistically anyway, it would be common sense to at least look at the family, but there again it seems incredibly unlikely that the family would be motivated to engage in something this twisted, let alone concoct something this improbable as a cover. None the less, and without sleuthing or accusing, that is the direction I am leaning. In my opinion etc.

Jules...

http://dmjuice.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120720/NEWS/120720025/1001

The girls’ bicycles were found by a firefighter at about 4 p.m. on the Evansdale Nature Trail that runs along the lake. The bikes were found southeast of the lake in an area near an opening in a fence. Iowa Highway 380 is just south of the area.

And here's Verified Local/Insider Ollipop's post about the broken fence:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1
There are not two fences guarding the trail where the vehicle crashed th gates.

"The area where the bikes were found is fenced on both sides, and it is right where maintenance gate is it is a spot that looks to me like a trap," Dan Morrissey said. "Somebody could have just come along right then or followed them down it would have been the worst spot to be in right there."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-17/iowa-missing-girls/56267776/1

on the last thread someone mentioned three people were booked today in Black Hawk County whose charges were not listed. One of their names isn't even listed. I find this odd, especially since one of these people booked today with no charge was arrested in April for conspiracy to manufacture meth. There were rumors of a raid last night or this morning, then these arrests. Could be someone who runs in the Morisseys circle of friends?
http://www.bhcso.org/WhosInJail.aspx
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ar...cle_c339ddcc-8f13-11e1-a7c6-0019bb2963f4.html

There are not two fences guarding the trail where the vehicle crashed th gates.

"The area where the bikes were found is fenced on both sides, and it is right where maintenance gate is it is a spot that looks to me like a trap," Dan Morrissey said. "Somebody could have just come along right then or followed them down it would have been the worst spot to be in right there."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-17/iowa-missing-girls/56267776/1

Thank you. I think it was the article epiphany found that I was thinking about that said "The bikes were found southeast of the lake in an area near an opening in a fence. Iowa Highway 380 is just south of the area." I don't know why that stuck in my mind so much and when I saw Olli's pictures it seemed too far away. Everything else has stated it was between the double fenced area of the path near the gate to the jetty area.

ETA: Thanks Epiphany for find the article - I looked everywhere!

I keep thinking of the video with the girls on the bikes and how fast they were going. At that point of their ride anyway, this wasn't a leisurely bike ride. It looked they were running from someone or from each other. I think the amp cans need to be tested and I'll bet the person that drank them has a record. And then go from there. Just a thought anyway.

Good night all. Praying they will be found safe tomorrow.

Just a side note :

I checked the BHCSO website for the in-custody sheet. Booked in on July 16, 2012 is an individual with the same last name as lead Sheriff Rick Abben . Isn't Abben away for the weekend or something like that ? Just struck me as, well, odd. As with everything else about this case.

Just a side note :

I checked the BHCSO website for the in-custody sheet. Booked in on July 16, 2012 is an individual with the same last name as lead Sheriff Rick Abben . Isn't Abben away for the weekend or something like that ? Just struck me as, well, odd. As with everything else about this case.

I wondered that myself. :waitasec:

I keep thinking of the video with the girls on the bikes and how fast they were going. At that point of their ride anyway, this wasn't a leisurely bike ride. It looked they were running from someone or from each other. I think the amp cans need to be tested and I'll bet the person that drank them has a record. And then go from there. Just a thought anyway.

Do you (or anyone) know where I can find a link to that video? I wasn't able to watch it before because I was on my tablet and it wouldn't play. Tia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77