SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get over how different she looks in the car photo, the night of the date, from other photos. She looks much older, much larger, not just the angles but her face and arms too. I would not think this is the same person shown on NG. JMO

NG is okay to discuss. But she said some things that are not accurate, IMO.

LE said they knew she spoke to her roommate and that at that time, weeks ago, no one else admitted to speaking to her. I am sure LE knew who this person was, even then, or at least the number, but they have never addressed it.

Thanks! Just don't want to get in trouble.

I read in the interview and I have put the link below, that her last conversation was with the roommate at 3:41am. I am perplexed if others are saying differently. I have read nothing, but that it was the roommate. This is something that is very easy to prove. You check phone records and if there were no other incoming or outgoing calls then it was the last call. I find it hard to believe that Nancy Grace would say this to be true when she didn't have the facts. Even if others had not admitted to calling, the proof is in the phone records. If she didn't confirm it, then shame on her. Second, in this interview, they stated that where her car was found was "at a spot she used to hang out at."

I thought the exact same thing even though we can't say what it is. I had some posts deleted because of it already.

oh, hope mine is ok. In theory, it would be even more of a motive if something like that happened.

I read in the interview and I have put the link below, that her last conversation was with the roommate at 3:41am. I am perplexed if others are saying differently. I have read nothing, but that it was the roommate. This is something that is very easy to prove. You check phone records and if there were no other incoming or outgoing calls then it was the last call. I find it hard to believe that Nancy Grace would say this to be true when she didn't have the facts. Even if others had not admitted to calling, the proof is in the phone records. If she didn't confirm it, then shame on her. Second, in this interview, they stated that where her car was found was "at a spot she used to hang out at."

http://www.examiner.com/article/heather-elvis-missing-person-case-goes-national-airs-on-nancy-grace

I would be careful using Nancy Grace as an accurate reference. I've heard MANY things she said that were inaccurate if not outright false in several other cases.

I would be careful using Nancy Grace as an accurate reference. I've heard MANY things she said that were inaccurate if not outright false in several other cases.

I will delete this. Never said it was true.

Are we aloud to use the name of a person who is active on FHEFB and named in the media as being very involved in conducting searches?

http://www.examiner.com/article/heather-elvis-missing-person-case-goes-national-airs-on-nancy-grace

IMO, NG all too often gets facts wrong. I find myself reading transcripts with a boulder of salt.

I really have a hard time understanding the benefit to LE to not do a presser. Really- even if it's barebones-what-we-know, how much will it hurt to let us know what's up?

Ugh. Not sure i've followed a case where they didn't have a SINGLE one. *thinking*

floridamomma, imo, the HCPD has the 'Us against Them' attitude'.. Their track record of unsolved missing/murdered persons is the tragic results of their antiquated silent investigative strategy, imo.

HCPD/SLED has absolutely the worse Media Management strategy that I have ever witnessed in a missing/murdered person investigation.
Public Safety is everyone's job.

'Without safety for our family, friends, and loved ones, we have nothing'...

Upon deeper reflection, ShareTheLight's point about the picture of HE learning to drive a stick shift, is a very important point.

The picture data would have to be analyzed to verify when it was taken and by whom. Anyone of us could select a picture from our album that was taken two Christmases ago and send it to someone adding a caption, "Me on Christmas!".

I'm sure LE has asked the date all relevant questions about the driving lesson and who took the picture including the method it arrived on TE's phone. At least I hope that they have.

Le never confirmed anything really, and no word of a landline, just at one point they said no one had admitted to being in touch with her after the roommate.

Yes, here it is in here.............

Posted: Dec 20, 2013 5:41 PM GST
Updated: Jan 09, 2014 2:36 PM GST
According to Lt. Kegler, her cell phone hasn't been recovered. "I can't get into the location on where it gave anyone signal or anything like that. That information wasn't something we have established it was something provided to us," he said.

Her mother said her date dropped her off at her house. Heather called her roommate to tell her how she had a great time. That is the last time anyone will admit to talking to her.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman
--------------

floridamomma, imo, the HCPD has the 'Us against Them' attitude'.. Their track record of unsolved missing/murdered persons is the tragic results of their antiquated silent investigative strategy, imo.

HCPD/SLED has absolutely the worse Media Management strategy that I have ever witnessed in a missing/murdered person investigation.
Public Safety is everyone's job.

'Without safety for our family, friends, and loved ones, we have nothing'...

This is deserving of more than a "Thanks".... <standing ovation>

I read a comment on here, that they just had so many MP's b/c of all the woods/ocean/hiding places. Sorry, that doesn't cut it for me- there are rivers, tons of Nat'l Forests, the gulf, so much of the same hiding places near me. And we don't have even several MP cases. One comes to mind, although I am sure there are a few more over the years...

I know it is not a reliable source, but thought I had to use a link because I was "quoting" someone. In the article there was a quote, which I was using. Does that not need to be done here?

Sorry, LOL, MSM is mainstream media... i.e. CNN, local news affiliates, etc.

I think sites like examiner.com and <snipped by me *** oops > aren't MSM. Can anyone (MOD) confirm this for us?

I know it is not a reliable source, but thought I had to use a link because I was "quoting" someone. In the article there was a quote, which I was using. Does that not need to be done here?

Is the quote available elsewhere, I wonder, besides on examiner?

I think in the eyes of the general public, there is most definitely a POI/suspect in this case.

I am confused that LE has not named one...

Seems like if they cleared the date guy, then they verified the car photo was legit, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288