Wendy Murphy: The DA Should apologize to JonBenet, not her parents!

Ames

Reaction score
Thanks goes to Little and Cherokee for posting this article at FFJ.
--------------------------------------------------------------
WENDY MURPHY: AND JUSTICE FOR SOME:

The district attorney should apologize to JonBenet, not to her parents!

http://www.patriotledger.com/opinion...to-her-parents

By Wendy Murphy
The Patriot Ledger
Posted Jul 19, 2008 @ 02:15 AM

Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy recently “cleared” the Ramseys in the death of their daughter, JonBenet. The 6-year-old was found dead in the basement of her home the day after Christmas 1996.

Much of the evidence has not been revealed to the public but enough is out there to raise serious questions about Lacy’s decision.

First things first.

It’s hard to feel confident about anything Mary Lacy says. Remember, she’s the one who accused John Mark Karr of murdering the child even though there was no evidence the guy had ever even been to Boulder, Colo.

Here’s some food for thought (much of this is in my book, “And Justice For Some”):

Police told John Ramsey they found black wool sweater fibers inside the underpants JonBenet was wearing when her body was found, fibers that matched the Israeli wool sweater John was wearing on the night in question. Ramsey had no explanation for how the fibers could have gotten there, so he just yelled and filibustered – a common tactic when the suspect doesn’t want to, or can’t, answer a particular question. If the facts were different, he might have said the sweater fibers got there through laundering. But the sweater was never washed – it was wool – and the underpants were three sizes too big and had never been worn before.

The “touch DNA” on the long johns that everyone’s talking about couldn’t have been a “match” to a DNA fragment found in the underpants. The fragment didn’t have enough markers to provide a “match” to anyone. In any case, everyone knows that while DNA can establish that a person was at a particular place, it cannot tell us when, how or why the contact was made.

The autopsy says the child’s vaginal mucosa showed “chronic inflammation” and “epithelial erosion” and that the hymen had been “eroded.” This means JonBenet had suffered past repetitive penetration. There were also “acute” injuries – meaning there was also penetration on the night in question. If the person who killed the child is the one who caused the prior injuries, it had to have been someone with ongoing intimate access.

Three search warrants were executed for the Ramsey homes and computers during a search for child *advertiser censored*. Some items were seized. What were they?

JonBenet had undigested pineapple in her belly at the time of autopsy, which means she ate it within two hours of death. She died after midnight. The Ramseys told police they brought her home at about 9:30 p.m. and that she was sound asleep. They said she stayed asleep and they put her to bed. A bowl of pineapple was found on the kitchen table. Patsy’s fingerprints were found on the bowl. Both parents adamantly denied giving the child pineapple. Why? What’s so bad about admitting that you gave your child pineapple? The bowl was taken by police, and presumably tested. What were they looking for? Did they perform drug tests? Why? What were the results? Why were the Ramseys asked about the presence of a variety of sedatives in the home, such as Klonopin?

Within minutes of finding the child’s body, John Ramsey was on the telephone with his private pilot making arrangements to leave for Atlanta. He told police he had business he needed to attend to. He and his wife hired criminal lawyers that same day and refused to submit to separate police interviews.

These facts – and so many more – may not prove the Ramseys’ guilt. But they are relevant and the public now has a right to demand full disclosure of all the evidence to determine whether Mary Lacy has done her job properly.

If Lacy feels confident about her decision, she will gladly release at least some evidence to the public.

If, on the other hand, Lacy knows what she did was wrong, she will refuse to release the files, claiming there’s an “ongoing investigation.”

If there were a legitimate concern about the investigation, Mary Lacy would not have revealed so many details about the “touch DNA” tests. Even if there’s a reason to keep some facts secret, there’s no reason to hide the results of tests conducted on the bowl of pineapple. The real killer already knows whether he put something in the pineapple to sedate the child.

The harder Mary Lacy tries to ignore the public’s demand for full disclosure, the harder the public should push for the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

So help me God, JonBenet deserves it.

Wendy Murphy is a leading victims rights advocate and nationally recognized television legal analyst. She is an adjunct professor at New England School of Law and a radio talk show host. She can be reached at wmurphy@faculty.nesl.edu.

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/1997BPD-John-Interview-Complete.htm

TT: How did you sleep Christmas night?

JR: I took a Melatonin tablet because I wanted to get to sleep fast because we had to get up early, and I slept through the night.

TT: Now is that Melatonin an over the counter or prescription drug?

JR: Over the counter.

TT: That you are (inaudible). . . are you taking any other medications right now?

JR: I have been on Paxel, and Quanopin, which are both prescription anti-depressants.

TT: Okay, and the second one is?

JR: Quanopin.

TT: OK. I’m not familiar with that one.

JR: It like, kind of like Adavan, I’m not an expert but . . .

TT: . . . Okay. How much Paxel where you taking?

JR: Uh, well one tablet a night, I don’t know how, but I can get the prescription from (inaudible) the size of it, whatever it is.

TT: Is it the same prescription that Patsy is on or. . .

JR: Basically, yeah, probably exactly the same thing.

TT: And the second medication, you take that once a night?

JR: Right.

TT: Right before bedtime?

JR: Yep.

TT: And second medication, how often to you take it?

JR: Uh, recommended is two to three tablets a day, and I tend to go from zero to just three. It’s uh, kind of depends on how you feel, it’s kind of a quick reacting.

JR: I took a Melatonin tablet because I wanted to get to sleep fast because we had to get up early, and I slept through the night.

TT: That you are (inaudible). . . are you taking any other medications right now?

JR: I have been on Paxel, and Quanopin, which are both prescription anti-depressants.

JR: Uh, well one tablet a night, I don’t know how, but I can get the prescription from (inaudible) the size of it, whatever it is.

JR: Uh, recommended is two to three tablets a day, and I tend to go from zero to just three. It’s uh, kind of depends on how you feel, it’s kind of a quick reacting.

They meant Klonopin, which is a generic of Xanax. Xanax is highly addictive and Klonopin has the same effect and is given in its place. Learned that working on med mal cases. So Johnny was taking Paxil and klonopin and melatonin. And John said he didn't know if Patsy were on medicatin and it would surprise him to find that she was. He told that to Kane. He is sooooooooooooooooooo fullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll of chittttttttttttttttttt. They probably had a pharmacy after their shenanigans. Who could get through the day wihtout them. Frankly, I couldn't get through the day with them if I had killed my kid. :mad:

I guess it depends on just how guilty you feel that day, right John.

They meant Klonopin, which is a generic of Xanax. Xanax is highly addictive and Klonopin has the same effect and is given in its place. Learned that working on med mal cases. So Johnny was taking Paxil and klonopin and melatonin. And John said he didn't know if Patsy were on medicatin and it would surprise him to find that she was. He told that to Kane. He is sooooooooooooooooooo fullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll of chittttttttttttttttttt. They probably had a pharmacy after their shenanigans. Who could get through the day wihtout them. Frankly, I couldn't get through the day with them if I had killed my kid. :mad:

Thanks Solace. I was wondering what they meant. They misspelled Paxil also.

These strong anti-depressants might very easily explain how a mother &/or father could SNAP & do a horrible crime. Especially if they didn't take the doses properly according to instructions.

Thanks Solace. I was wondering what they meant. They misspelled Paxil also.

These strong anti-depressants might very easily explain how a mother &/or father could SNAP & do a horrible crime. Especially if they didn't take the doses properly according to instructions.

Absolutely, and lets remember Patsy has been up for at least 16 hours; she says she had a couple of glasses of wine at the White's and probably took some xanax when she got home. I DO NOT BELIEVE FOR A SECOND THAT SHE DID NOT. It is very very difficult to get off these pills when one is use to taking them. Some people get extremely nasty on them. But most just get relaxed, but if you are tired and have had some wine a few hours before, you are not going to be in any mood. And exhausted is putting it mildly if you have been up for 16 hours, are in remission (it is so ludicrous, it is almost laughable), just had a huge party two days before and all kinds of guests over) and are getting ready to leave in 6 hours - yes you are really in the mood to mess around with JB who probably did wet the bed and Patsy just got angry.

As the maid said, she heard crying and screaming every day from the bathrrom. I realize it is hearsay but it goes along. And also, you are not so aware of your strength when you are taking pills. They are mind altering. You know how everyone knows the drunk is drunk BUT THE DRUNK.

I understand it was John's idea to go to Charlevoix. Considering what Patsy had been through and the fact that she was in remission, it was fairly selfish to put her through such a grinding Christmas. WE are talking about STage IV cancer here. It is a death sentence.

Absolutely, and lets remember Patsy has been up for at least 16 hours; she says she had a couple of glasses of wine at the White's and probably took some xanax when she got home. I DO NOT BELIEVE FOR A SECOND THAT SHE DID NOT. It is very very difficult to get off these pills when one is use to taking them. Some people get extremely nasty on them. But most just get relaxed, but if you are tired and have had some wine a few hours before, you are not going to be in any mood. And exhausted is putting it mildly if you have been up for 16 hours, are in remission (it is so ludicrous, it is almost laughable), just had a huge party two days before and all kinds of guests over) and are getting ready to leave in 6 hours - yes you are really in the mood to mess around with JB who probably did wet the bed and Patsy just got angry.

As the maid said, she heard crying and screaming every day from the bathrrom. I realize it is hearsay but it goes along. And also, you are not so aware of your strength when you are taking pills. They are mind altering. You know how everyone knows the drunk is drunk BUT THE DRUNK.

I understand it was John's idea to go to Charlevoix. Considering what Patsy had been through and the fact that she was in remission, it was fairly selfish to put her through such a grinding Christmas. WE are talking about STage IV cancer here. It is a death sentence.

Exactly!

Don't forget... the Ramsey house tour also.

And after Charlevoix, it was straight off for the cruise. So emotionally you're thinking..... WHEN can I have time to sit down & just breathe?

That hectic schedule could break ANYONE... sick or not or drug using or not.

It's not unreasonable to think a 'good' mother could snap under so much stress.

I have posted this before, my husband is one of those that got addicted to Xanax...and he was NASTY! He would be fine one second and then he would snap....and oh boy, you had better watch out. Then again, he didn't take them like he was supposed to, either...and almost always, he would mix them with some type of alcohol. The dr. told him that you can't just stop taking them cold turkey, you have to be weaned off, soooo...so guess what the dr. prescribes him instead...to help him get off the Xanax? Klonopin! There is no freakin' difference. Its the same thing, so I have no clue why the dr. prescribed them for him. I have proof that someone taking that stuff, can SNAP...in a second.

I thought the Ramsey's were prescribed those medications after JonBenet's death?

The Ramseys had "cocktails" at the Whites....so why does Johnny need melatonin? I believe he told Police he took melatonin so that he could say he slept like a baby. How many men Johnny's age sleep through the night? The man had prostate problems....I don't believe for one second he didn't get up at least once to use the toilet.

Mr. Neatnik Johnny's bathrobe was found downstairs in the den????

I thought the Ramsey's were prescribed those medications after JonBenet's death?

The Ramseys had "cocktails" at the Whites....so why does Johnny need melatonin? I believe he told Police he took melatonin so that he could say he slept like a baby. How many men Johnny's age sleep through the night? The man had prostate problems....I don't believe for one second he didn't get up at least once to use the toilet.

Toltec,
You have to speculate why the bathrobe was discovered downstairs, when from memory John was reading the ransom note in his underwear?

He said melatonin was for 'you know... we.. it... well it makes you live longer...'

and the bathrobe...oh I'm sure if asked he took that off Christmas morning to try on a new jacket after he opened it up from under the tree....

He said melatonin was for 'you know... we.. it... well it makes you live longer...'

and the bathrobe...oh I'm sure if asked he took that off Christmas morning to try on a new jacket after he opened it up from under the tree....

LOL...yeah that's it!

I have posted this before, my husband is one of those that got addicted to Xanax...and he was NASTY! He would be fine one second and then he would snap....and oh boy, you had better watch out. Then again, he didn't take them like he was supposed to, either...and almost always, he would mix them with some type of alcohol. The dr. told him that you can't just stop taking them cold turkey, you have to be weaned off, soooo...so guess what the dr. prescribes him instead...to help him get off the Xanax? Klonopin! There is no freakin' difference. Its the same thing, so I have no clue why the dr. prescribed them for him. I have proof that someone taking that stuff, can SNAP...in a second.

Because Klonopin is much less addictive and will last longer than xanax. You can get addicted to xanax very quickly. Pills are very very hard to get off. They are powerful chemicals which get into the bone marrow and it is a good six months before one is really free of them. Very difficult to do it. And that is why I know that Patsy had a good supply of them and took far too many on her first CNN interview, but she was use to taking them and did not feel they were working. She qualifies as an addict.

LOL - He is only Mr. Neatnik when he is wearing only in his underwear....like when he was in his yard breaking in the basement window or down on his knees reading the Scamson Note without leaving the first fingerprint or touch cell!

LOL - He is only Mr. Neatnik when he is wearing only in his underwear....like when he was in his yard breaking in the basement window or down on his knees reading the Scamson Note without leaving the first fingerprint or touch cell!

the thought of him in his underwear makes me wobbly

can we please stop saying that ...........:crazy::crazy::crazy:

just teasing ya

he needed to be able to SAY he would sleep like a baby :eek::eek::eek:

Oh yes, and don't forget he was reading in "dim" light without his glasses as well....:rolleyes:

The antidepressants were prescribed after JB's death. Now for Patsy I can imagine she was already on them. But JR did NOT go on them until after JB's death.
JMO

Oh yes, and don't forget he was reading in "dim" light without his glasses as well....:rolleyes:

The antidepressants were prescribed after JB's death. Now for Patsy I can imagine she was already on them. But JR did NOT go on them until after JB's death.
JMO

I guess if you can convince yourself the murder is not your fault, you can convince yourself that anti-depressants will work.

I think the melatonin was the only drug either Ramsey admitted to having taken that night. The other mention of drugs is what they are on currently during the interviews.

I must say some of you seem very confused about klonopin and its uses. I take a 0.5 tab twice daily for Tinnitus, as it helps also with epilepsy and siezure disorders and I was a part of a clinical trial a few years back for the tinnitus and have better auditory screens (my hearing is better) when I am on the medication like clockwork. It doesnt make me tired, or confused, I lived through the late 70's early 80's and cannot imagine this being a drug used recreationally in any sense.

So I am baffled, yes it is in the benzodiazepine family but I would not compare it to xanax or valium at all. Though I never have taken more than my prescribed dose and often forget my evening pill, or if I have a cocktail I take no meds no matter what. I am old enough to remember Karen Ann Quinlan.

Gotta wonder what does they were prescribed .... it is also available in 1 mg and 2 mg???

Thanks for clarifying guys.

Drugs AFTER her death... makes sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd