Two articles to show your teens!

If you're like me, you have a teen who 1) wears headphones and 2) texts.

Please show them these articles, so that they can learn to be sensible about these two things.

Plastic Surgeon Was Texting in Car Before Fatal Crash

More teens suffer from hearing loss: Study shows 20% of youth affected

Thank you - I saw those articles, and was horrified. The surgeon should certainly know better. Especially in California.

My DH rec'd a ticket for talking on the phone while driving -- he won't do that again!

Wonder if the hearing loss will apply to me too! I watch links, etc, using headphones (which is a lot). Since the computer is in the living room (where I can keep an eye on my teen), we use the headphones if we need to listen to something!

Yikes....

Mel

Thank you - I saw those articles, and was horrified. The surgeon should certainly know better. Especially in California.

My DH rec'd a ticket for talking on the phone while driving -- he won't do that again!

Wonder if the hearing loss will apply to me too! I watch links, etc, using headphones (which is a lot). Since the computer is in the living room (where I can keep an eye on my teen), we use the headphones if we need to listen to something!

Yikes....

Mel

Me too, Mel. But I use Sony headphones that totally encompasses the whole ear, not earbuds. I hate earbuds.

I went to so many rock concerts as a teen. After one Van Halen concert, I could hear nothing but buzzing for a week. At the time I thought it was worth it, but now, not so much. :(

Me too, Mel. But I use Sony headphones that totally encompasses the whole ear, not earbuds. I hate earbuds.

I went to so many rock concerts as a teen. After one Van Halen concert, I could hear nothing but buzzing for a week. At the time I thought it was worth it, but now, not so much. :(

Me too - I have the Sony over the ear kind...love em :) Hate earbuds :(

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson