**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I KNOW! Even a ton of affairs..I nearly died when they said he wore a size 10 but the prints at the crime scene were size 12!!! :what: They felt the prints were so clear that they were staged.

AND he lived over 6 hours and drove up to his parents how and was caught on a video!!!!!

I wonder what would happen if any jurors were watching this program?

Without proper storing, those cigars would be in terrible dried out condition after 2 1/2 yrs if you are suggesting he smoked a left over cigar from Cassidy's birth. IMO

However, let's not forget that cigar shops sell items other than cigars. They sell lighters, they sell ash trays, they sell cigarettes, they sell cigarette cases, they sell gifts, they sell all sorts of things. They even sell interesting knick knack sorts of things in some of them.

And what would you use to store them, a humidor? What just arrived on the scene being carried in by the ducks from BC?

It was testifed to by more then one witness, michelle stated she was NOT wearing her seatbelt. Had she told that to the trooper investigating the *crash*, JLY would have been cited for a seatbelt violation. MOO, more likely than not Michelle said she was wearing her seatbelt at the time of the investigation so as to not get JLY a ticket. JMO

and she was probably a bit disoriented and shocked. It took a couple of days for reality to set in with MY.

I wonder what would happen if any jurors were watching this program?

Please no! I swear it is almost like this guy copied a lot of what the testimony showed JY did to MY except it was his parents. It's weird.

I'm surprised that so many people think it's okay to lie to an officer about the circumstances of an accident if it means saving themselves the cost of a $25 ticket ... truly surprised.

Oh please you can't be serious!
And in the whole scheme of things none of this really matters does it?
The girl is dead and her husband killed her, IMO.
The rest of this is just useless banter, idle chatter.

I looked up the schedule for Memorial Weekend activities in Brevard. That coincides with the White Squirrel Festival. The parade is on Saturday. Maybe it has changed since 2006 but I doubt it. If they have to hold school on Monday to make up for snow days, no one would be at the parade. Why did Mrs. Young have to throw that in there that streeets were closed for a parade when the parade isn't on Monday?

Because she has lied and covered for her little imp all his life thereby feeding his malignant narcissism and enabling him to become the full blown wife killing sociopath he became? That's just a guess though...

I haven't seen it before but I think they said March 08'. He drove 390 miles or so and turned his phone off while traveling...hmmmm Difference is he fled and talked to LE.

Yes, and they just said the weapon was a childs baseball bat. I had thought about that as a weapon in the JY case. Oh wow. 'He (the investigator) just said one to many coinsidences is not a coinsidence'.

And what would you use to store them, a humidor? What just arrived on the scene being carried in by the ducks from BC?

That item presented in evidence as a humidor would have gotten huge guffaws from my family members that smoke cigars and have humidors.

I've purchased a few in my day as Christmas gifts and I'd never classify that tube as a humidor. More like a carrying case for a cigar that will protect it for a very short period of time from becoming stale or damaged.

A humidor provides long term protections from drying out and becoming stale.

That tube presented at trial would not have done that for more than a few days, IMO.

Because she has lied and covered for her little imp all his life thereby feeding his malignant narcissism and enabling him to become the full blown wife killing sociopath he became? That's just a guess though...

So did she say the same in the 1st trial??? If say why didnt the PT check on it...
Why didnt they check on it this trial.. Easy to do... PT did it with Cindy Anthony when she lied on the stand & it was brought in on the rebuttal... If they believed he was trying to murder her --why not???

I'm surprised that so many people think it's okay to lie to an officer about the circumstances of an accident if it means saving themselves the cost of a $25 ticket ... truly surprised.

Yep. The accountant - the person who dots the I's and crosses the T's in her personal and professional life - is going to allow a lie to the police over a $25 ticket.

I returned earlier today from my uncle's funeral in Baltimore. Thanks to so many of you for your special thoughts last week. I have now watched all the closing arguments. I want to say a big kudos to BH. I thought she really rose to the occasion. She was articulate, clear and put the pieces together. Whatever the verdict IMO she can hold her head high for this closing(not even one umm)
Klink I was shocked, I had expected him to be much better. I felt it was not wise to even give the possibility that the HP's could have been JY's and that if they were the killer took them from his closet. I just found Klink was going through the motions of his case.

That item presented in evidence as a humidor would have gotten huge guffaws from my family members that smoke cigars and have humidors.

I've purchased a few in my day as Christmas gifts and I'd never classify that tube as a humidor. More like a carrying case for a cigar that will protect it for a very short period of time from becoming stale or damaged.

That tube presented at trial would not have done that for more than a few days, IMO.

I don't disagree with you. In fact I don't really think JY has to prove where he got the cigar. I think the jury won't spend any time dealing with that.

My son has a humidor. It is a lovely wooden box with a lock and key.
What Mrs. Young exhibited was not the humidor that I am accustomed to.
I think she called it a hubidor.
And it was pointed out that the hubidor was dragged out of the storage bin.

Yes, and they just said the weapon was a childs baseball bat. I had thought about that as a weapon in the JY case. Oh wow. 'He (the investigator) just said one to many coinsidences is not a coinsidence'.

Tonight's 48 HOURS EPISODE manner of death ~ eerily similar... * new episode (it happened in 2008)
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...es-of-the-ernie-scherer-murder-investigation/
"But if you start to add them up - I believe from our standpoint there was something like 35 different circumstantial factors - it stops being a coincidence and it stops being someone's bad luck."

I don't disagree with you. In fact I don't really think JY has to prove where he got the cigar. I think the jury won't spend any time dealing with that.

Really?
Either it is true or he lied and left to kill his wife.
I think they will consider the cigar story carefully and will conclude, based on the testimony, he lied......you know the rest of the story.

Yep. The accountant - the person who dots the I's and crosses the T's in her personal and professional life - is going to allow a lie to the police over a $25 ticket.

It's not just the one ticket for $25. Someone local posted that JY would have gotten a ticket for $25 as well. So we're up to $50. I looked up the statute and there is also $135 court costs for each seat belt violation ticket so now we're up to $320 +/-. http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/seatbelt_laws.html

Now, if there are medical costs (MY was transported and examined at a hospital, later had a miscarriage and medical abortion due to this) associated with this wreck. Would their insurance have covered it if she hadn't been wearing her seat belt? I'm sure I don't know sitting here but if there was any question, I would not be surprised to find out that someone would lie about wearing their seat belt with medical costs possibly being an issue.

I don't think anyone is saying it is right or finding nothing wrong with it. I think what is being said is that they don't find it all that unbelievable that it could and does happen.

For the other posts about MY being the numbers person, ethical, wouldn't allow JY to lie about something like that, etc.: let's not forget that she was aware of the plans to purchase the home appliance warranty and then wait the 30 days to file a claim for the heat pump. That was not rumor, it was testified to on the stand that she knew.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member