GUILTY TX - Marco Alferez for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, El Paso, 2010

That conundrum comes up frequently, Belinda. Bishop Long is probably a highly dynamic preacher. He'd have to be. There are so many with fine minds and talents who have this perversion. I'm always left wondering what to honor and what to discard. Harming a child is a deal breaker for me. I'm hopeful that these parents are just in shock right now and really not even conscious of what they are saying. Once it sinks in, they might see things differently. I guess we have to imagine a person we truly respect and trust and even admire being accused. It would take some time to accept.

As to the numbers, every scholarly book on pedophilia which I've read states very clearly that the numbers are always highly underreported. The average age of first offense is typically placed at age 10-12 but not all juvenile offenders grow up to be adult offenders. I'll do some research today, but I seem to recall that even under polygraphed sexual history disclosures, only 1 out of 7 offenses is admitted. Pedophiles are tremendously gifted at what they do.

Isn't it interesting that so many doctors have been found guilty and here's a dancer. Quick on their feet.

I've always found this a easy to grasp guide to the perversion of pedophilia from a medical viewpoint:

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/content/82/4/457.full

You'll note that this discusses the issue of underreporting. Its's a great overview on what is and what isn't pedophilia, the red flags, the precursors, as well as some of the treatment challenges. Now that society has finally chosen to recognize the elephant in the room, we're learning that that sucker is big and unwieldy--not easily tamed or managed. Maybe that's the real reason we chose to ignore it for so many centuries.

Where is his picture????? He needs to be flashed all over the world so everyone can see who he is!!!!!

Salem

Oops, thanks for the merge, I appreciate it! I tried to find the thread first but wasn't successful. Need to hone my searching skills ;).

Off Topic but that looks like he is in costume and on the set of Viva El Paso.

That's neither here nor there sorry. Just noticed that.

Can I STRONGLY urge everyone to read or bookmark the link I provided above:

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/content/82/4/457.full

I had not read it through since being active on WS and it is chock full of answers and proposed theories to many many questions we pose here everyday. This is probably the most accessible (RE: least med-speak) piece I've ever found on the facts pertaining to pedophiles. I'm still re-reading and it's interesting as I don't see the profile for Alferez yet (given the details we've been given). I've pegged many of the pedophiles we deal with everyday, though.

Even though there might be some triggers here, I really can't more highly recommend this article for survivors and victims. It will answer many of your questions as to why and how this happened to you.

One of the observations that I would make is that, in our society, records get sealed at age 18. Educational and juvenile offense history is often forgotten. And so many of these factors play into the development of pedophilia. This 2007 article lays out the environmental factors, the neuro-developmental factors, genetic factors...it looks at everything. There are things that we as parents and family and community members can modify or manage and there are some things that literally cannot be predicted. There are wise words for victims and their families.

Even though my family was forever changed by a young man's perversions, I still have empathy and I still refuse to believe that many just wake up one day committed to raping children and destroying their own and their family's lives. There's got to be a way to reach these men and women and turn them around.

I want to go back to school!!

Sadly this is the tip of the iceberg. Before we can fix our education system in this country we have to re-evaluate EVERY teacher out there.

I have found case after case after case of teachers that were disciplined by the State Board of Ed and then allowed to continue in their classrooms. I have the court docs and the proof. Its out there - you just have to know where to look.

Alcoholics, druggies, pedos, thieves are with our children every day. The school districts turn a blind eye - all in the "effort of preserving civil rights". The teacher unions represent these creeps with their fancy high priced lawyers.

Found an elementary teacher that shot her husband in the leg. Yes, she shot her husband and the state slapped her on the wrist - the district put her right back in the classroom and two years later she was charged with hitting the kids.

The research I have done and the pieces I have written will infuriate you to outrage.

It is happening all over - everywhere. The states won't do anything, the school districts won't do anything, the school board members won't do anything, the unions won't do anything. Where are we to turn to get this stopped and save our children?

"He's been a wonderful person, very disciplined. He taught the kids alot of discipline. No excuses, they had to be on time"~Marcela Quiraz

Those words uttered by the mother of one of this guy's students. She's also waiting for a statement from him. This same parent said people make mistakes and should get second chances.

Lady, of course he taught discipine. No doubt the parents of the children sexually assaulted and taped being assaulted by a full grown adult man instructed their kids to be respectful and to mind their teacher.

Waiting on a statement. Would she like to see 70 kids in tape being raped for cripes sake? What more does she want? That's got to be denial big time or she owes this guy something.

Yeah people make mistakes and deserve second chances. They'd be mistakes that didn't alter the lives of little kids and will continue to alter them for the rest of their lives. I mean pah-lease lady. Please. I pray her Dd was not a victim but I bet her a month of tap lessons if it was her kid on those tapes being sexually assaulted she'd want his head chopped the he*l off.

http://www.kvia.com/news/25184666/detail.html

I find it very interesting that so many of Alferez's top friends on MS are openly gay. Lots of photos of Gay Pride Parades and festivals in Mexico, rainbows, etc. Most look like dancers but not all. Alferez states that he's straight and his victims were young girls. Pedophiles can surprise us.

http://

Izzy that didn't surprise me at all. There was a woman in my group at WOAR who had been sexually assaulted for years as a child by her dance teacher. He was "straight" albeit a freakazoid pedophile. Her guilt almost killed her as she never came to terms until she was an adult, but she knew the guy assaulted some of her fellow dancers.

There's the common misconception that male dancers are automatically gay. I know you don't think that, but it is generally presumed. The fact he has gay friends on his Myspace I would figure he would as in the same token alot of male dancers are gay. Not all though. So, they would be in his social circle, and I am sure their own non dancing friends as well.

See filly, - not directed at you but at the women you spoke of. I get that all the time - this teacher or that teacher deserves a second chance. NO!!! Not for teachers. If a teacher is busted for coke, or being drunk at school, or welfare fraud, that teacher should loose his/her license. Period. Done. But they don't and they won't do it.

I can't tell you how many cases I have of teachers that got arrested for soliciting an undercover cop for sex and put right back in the classroom.

There should be no second chance for teachers. You get busted - you loose your license. Find something else to do.

Here in my district they don't even pre-employment drug test teachers. Nope. They won't and they say its "the union's fault". Gimmee a break. You can't even work at a McDonald's today without a drug test. But come to my district and they'll gladly hand you a full classroom of our children.

No second chances for teachers.

I agree Filly. You know I do. But I think that those who think their children might be victims have to hold on to something rock solid for a few days as the rug has been pulled out from underneath them.

When my kids told, my brain railed and fought against it. I tried to minimize it, rationalize it (not out loud to them but in my raging brain). Did they misunderstand? Was it all a mistake? Then I pulled myself up short and reminded myself that this was exactly how mothers had been responding for decades and the cycle kept repeating. I became very still and just listened. And, yes, my world tipped and my heart broke.

I know where this poor woman is today. She can't yet believe that her precious child might be among the children on the videos. Why do you think that the first word out of the mouth of a parent who is told their child is dead is "NO!!!!" We want so badly to believe it's all a mistake.

Bless her heart, she'll soon have to wake up. And sadly, it won't all be a bad dream.

GAG. She also has this to say:

""We are not pro these types of incidents, no, we're against, but we're human beings and anyone deserves a second chance and we need to hear from him."

So very glad you are not PRO-CHILD-*advertiser censored*, lady. How enlightened of you. Second chance my wazoo - he's on his 70th-plus chance now and counting!! Wow, denial city.

Filly--I admit there is the general misconception that all dancers, hair stylists and florists must be gay. Obviously not true. I happen to know a ballet dancer who grew up to be a Navy Seal. He's not gay. However, I found it interesting that this man seemed to show no "girlfriends" on his site, only girls who are dancer friends or sisters. There was a decidedly platonic air about each female friend. As far as I can tell, he lives with his mother.

We all know that pedophiles come in all sizes, stripes, and varieties. There's just something that doesn't fit here. With most of the pedophiles who have gone after large amounts of little girls, they've done so under the "cover" of marriage and often with a friend or two along for the ride.

I guess the lesson is that they are chameleons, indeed. They hide in plain sight.

reen--What does she want LE to do? Let him out and give him that second chance? I can see someone saying "let's see what the evidence shows as this is really hard for me to buy". But let's give him a second chance? I hate to tell her that there are probably parents of at least 70 little girls that would be happy if they let him out to give him that "second chance....at breathing".

ITA, gag. I'm real glad she's not pro-child rape. That just wouldn't be a good thing at all. Good of her to clear that up.

I think the lesson here, folks, is to not speak to the media if a friend or someone you admire has been arrested for anything. When you are in shock, you're sure to put your foot in your mouth.

Posted by Salem: NOTE: This is an example of a DIFFERENT CASE

Go here:

http://www.myfloridateacher.com/discipline/icmsorders/045-2547-FO-091009132021.pdf

Go down to page 4 - the allgeations. Read what this guy did for NINE YEARS!!! The school district, the board members and 2 principals all knew what this guy was doing and yet they allowed him to stay in his classroom. Until he was finally caught by LE in Hawaii.

I'm willing to bet the house that the local PD was NEVER contacted to investigate ANY of the claims of the kids. They didn't even transfer this to another school. How bold he got - he felt he would never get caught.

Warning: take a blood pressure pill before reading this.

Filly--I admit there is the general misconception that all dancers, hair stylists and florists must be gay.

Izzy you forgot interior designers and waiters, O.K.:D O/T but then we have people all astounded that an iron worker, auto mechanic, police officer or boxer are gay. :rolleyes:

Definately I know what you are saying about this guy not seeming to have female love interests. Just platonic lady friends. Then again her prefers children so there's that.:furious:

GAG. She also has this to say:

""We are not pro these types of incidents, no, we're against, but we're human beings and anyone deserves a second chance and we need to hear from him."

So very glad you are not PRO-CHILD-*advertiser censored*, lady. How enlightened of you. Second chance my wazoo - he's on his 70th-plus chance now and counting!! Wow, denial city.

That's what we call here at WS as: Being so Effin open minded that your Effin brains fall out of your head. (had me gagging to reen).

JMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back