FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
passion could you post the map? tyia

it looked like a long walk to me too. the sheriff said residential neighborhood so maybe they were close to home when she took off. good grief where is Summer hiding?

Black, Pink and White backpack with skull, crossbones and hearts??

That is very distinct.

They sell them at Target.

61mPhniarrL._AA400_.jpg

I am praying for her.....honestly I don't blame the mom for flagging down an officer....could be that she went out searching, calling for her, checking locations,etc before she called 911 and when she saw the officer flagged them down. I give her credit for being out looking and searching for her....and then NOT waiting till she got back home to call 911 if an officer was nearby and could be flagged down. JMOO based on info so far.

Praying that this little girl is found soon safe and sound.

They were saying on the video clip that the surrounding area is full of woods where a 7 year old could easily hide.

God, I hope she is safe and hiding and is found soon.

Not seeing an AMBER Alert anywhere. Not on NCMEC or AmberAlert.com (Doesn't mean it's not in the process of getting posted, though.) I would kind of be surprised if an AMBER Alert did go out though, because of the "criteria" (ugh). And it sounds like Summer has "ran away" before. Still praying that she IS just hiding somewhere, and is found quickly.

I'll try to bring map over, but I am not good at this////////
I googled HORTON DRIVE, Orange Park, Florida
then asked for the Grace Elementary school

Article updated at http://www.news4jax.com/news/21342995/detail.html

"We would ask that the public assist us in providing any information that anyone may have about this little girl's whereabouts," Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler said. "Anyone that's in this vicinity, please be vigilant, be looking, search around the area and call us if you saw anything."

Beseler said deputies are contacting the 53 sexual offenders who live in the area as part of their investigation.

Does anyone remember if the presser just "pops up" on FCN as a link? I keep refreshing and haven't seen anything yet...

news4jax is on the air covering it. They have 10:00, 10:30, and 11:00 broadcasts.

People in the neighborhood are complaining on how long it took to hear the news. Bloggers state they would have been out looking for her a long time ago if they'd known.

Lesson: Knock on your neighbor's doors and get the word out ASAP if this happens in your neighborhood!!!

How cold is it getting in that area at night if she is hiding in the woods?

People in the neighborhood are complaining on how long it took to hear the news. Bloggers state they would have been out looking for her a long time ago if they'd known.

Lesson: Knock on your neighbor's doors and get the word out ASAP if this happens in your neighborhood!!!

I agree!!!!

Okay, I understand that not everyone sees things the way we do here at WS. But why not knock on neighbors doors and ask if they have seen your daughter? Then they know about the situation. And they can help. And maybe one of them can call LE while you keep looking if she doesn't show up within a short time (not 3+ hours).

I have been in this area, and there are some apts near there where some very strange people live....not a good area....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23