NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Zahra and her dad need passports, anyhow? Both of them are Aussie citizens and had to have their own passports to get into this country, to begin with, when they moved here.

So, they wanted American passports. Illegal since neither one were citizens. Are we sure these pics were for passports, and not just for ID?

Yes why would they be taking pictures for passports, when they had to have already had passports? Would there be any other reason for them to be making photos like these?

This case just gets crazier and crazier... :(

Thanks! I'm now thinking the photos were definitely taken at the mobile home. MOO

Yup, I also magnified the pic. Magic Chef is the brand. I also tried to figure out what was sitting on the step stool next to the stove but couldn't.

What was their plan? moo

okay so we have passport photos taken in the US, three passports found in the SUV according to the search warrant, and a new haircut on Zahra since the move? Based on the photos we have seen that were taken 8-10 weeks before she disappeared?

Where were they considering going and why?

Why do we only have pics for AB and Zahra ? Was he planing a trip without SM????

Maybe they lost their passports during all the moves?

Why do we only have pics for AB and Zahra ? Was he planing a trip without SM????

Is there any form of ID in the US which requires a photo, that EB might already have? Do social security cards have photos on them?

Nobody has found out yet if the names and pictures on the passports found in the vehicle matched EB, AB and Zahra yet, right? That said, maybe they were trying to fake some IDs in new names?

Yes why would they be taking pictures for passports, when they had to have already had passports? Would there be any other reason for them to be making photos like these?
I was thinking the other night maybe there were going to change identities.

ETA: And no Social security cards do not have pictures on them. Drivers license - but she's a little young.

So, they wanted American passports. Illegal since neither one were citizens. Are we sure these pics were for passports, and not just for ID?

If for ID, they were still illegal. IDs are issued by the state of NC and not with pics taken by the individual.

Thanks! I'm now thinking the photos were definitely taken at the mobile home. MOO

I'm going to have trust y'all's word on it being inside a mobile home, aside from the modular type manufactured homes, I haven't been inside of one in around 30 years, so the memory isn't very clear.

Most I can remember was a long cramped hallway, all the doors sliding open/close and failing off the tracks every time you walked passed one.

Is there any form of ID in the US which requires a photo, that EB might already have? Do social security cards have photos on them?

Driver's license and I think, a state ID card. That's all I can think of with required pics on it. There are others, like work out facilities, student ID's etc.

Yup, I also magnified the pic. Magic Chef is the brand. I also tried to figure out what was sitting on the step stool next to the stove but couldn't.

What was their plan? moo
I have no idea why these photos would be taken if they already had valid passports from Australia unless it was to make fraudulent U.S. passports, to instantly become American citizens? :waitasec: MOO

Exactly, which is what I posted earlier - only an Australian Court can terminate parental rights.

But we have no reason to believe that Zahra's mother didn't have her parental rights terminated by an Australian court many years ago. If she did, then she is not a person with "parental responsibility" for Zahra, and AB doesn't need her consent to get Zahra a passport, any more than he needs yours or mine.

We don't know, of course, what her legal status is with regards to Zahra, but given everything we do know, it's not unlikely that she has no legal parental rights/responsibility. While it might not be uncommon for an unstable parent to informally surrender control of a child to the other parent, and not bother with court proceedings, given Zahra's extensive treatment for a life-threatening disease, I think it's very likely that medical professionals and/or medical social workers saw to it that Zahra's parental situation was legally formalized, if it hadn't previously been.

I just think it's very premature to suggest that AB may have taken Zahra out of the country illegally. I expect if he had, Australian consular officials would be all over this case and making formal public statements to that effect. The fact that consular officials weren't all over the matter of Zahra's being here two years ago, suggests to me that the mother is legally out of the picture, and was in no position to demand that authorities track down her daughter. If she had some legal rights, but just didn't give a d***, then she probably would have readily signed any form that was stuck in front of her by AB or the passport-issuing authority and AB would thus have had her consent.

No, SS cards don't have pictures on them. To apply for SS card you would need a photo. Had they become citizens of the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502