GUILTY OH - William Cunningham, 1, dies of head trauma, Cincinnati, 22 May 2012

I just don't believe the cause of this child's death was that he 'fell down the stairs'. BS. And she is his aunt!!!

I am confused. The babysitter reports him missing on Fri. He is found on Sat. but has been dead for at least 2 days. That means he died Thurs. or earlier. How did his mother not know he was missing Thurs.?

SoBeC that is one of several questions I have about the case. Also whose house was he found at? How many family members knew?

Also this is the second case in the area that has come up with the bright idea of saying they took the child to a local park and the child was lost, when they knew the child was dead.

Standard operating procedure for abusers is to say the child "fell", down stairs, from bed/furniture, etc.

Watch out, people! Stairs, beds and couches are out to get your children!!

Oh wait. I almost forgot the slightly older sibling.

William Cunningham may have been dead as long as five days before the babysitter who claimed to be his mother led police to him. Marquita Burch is facing charges for moving the boy's dead body, but no one has been charged with his death.
http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...fered-Head-Trauma/kQOqqowvYUKLgU5qUdHO2Q.cspx

Possibly dead for 2 to 5 days. And his body was moved from one apartment to another. Interesting statement from the woman who knew the aunt. Says she came, was sad one day then was ok. She had been there a week.

Comments with the article suggest that the mom may have tried to get the boy back and the aunt refused.

Coroner: 1-year-old suffered head trauma
http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/reg...coroner-blood-found-in-1-yr-old-skull_7555737

Coroner's statement. She is being cagey IMO. She isn't mentioning if there were any other bruises or injuries. She is putting a lot of weight on the fact that the toxicology won't come back for weeks. She is investigating the baby's developmental stage. She has described how well wrapped the baby was, a sheet, a plastic bag and another bag with dirty laundry in it.

Which brings up a good question. This baby was 1 year old. How does a one year old manage to get to steps to fall down them? A 1 year old, whether walking or crawling you have to watch much closer than say a two year old who is steady on their feet.

This is just my curiosity and not based on any fact. But I am seeing in some places where the suspect is called the child's aunt, and in some places called a babysitter. It makes me wonder if perhaps she might be the sister of the baby's father. And maybe there is no legal proof of the relationship of the father and child???? As in no paternity established? Again, just my impressions and my curiosity.

William Cunningham may have been dead as long as five days before the babysitter who claimed to be his mother led police to him. Marquita Burch is facing charges for moving the boy's dead body, but no one has been charged with his death.
http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...fered-Head-Trauma/kQOqqowvYUKLgU5qUdHO2Q.cspx

Possibly dead for 2 to 5 days. And his body was moved from one apartment to another. Interesting statement from the woman who knew the aunt. Says she came, was sad one day then was ok. She had been there a week.

Comments with the article suggest that the mom may have tried to get the boy back and the aunt refused.

The night this happened the local news was saying that the babysitter had refused to answer the mother's texts messages and calls for a few days. Those stories have all been updated and thus, the originals gone. Those were the stories I was going to put here earlier but noticed they all have changed from the links I had that I had shared with some local friends on facebook. I remember the night it broke a boy from Covington was missing and I head the mother say that -- I was hinky on the mom because why would you wait days and not call the police??? I don't care who had my kid, if they didn't answer or return my texts in a reasonable time (very, very short!) I would have been calling LE.

Oh, and did you see she even went out searching.
http://kentoncounty.fox19.com/news/news/91500-woman-arrested-after-missing-1-year-old-found-dead

The woman says Burch, who relatives of the baby used to call a trusted family friend, was supposed to be babysitting William and even joined in the search. "She combed these hills, the trails with us crying out William's name. I mean we had senior citizens out here trying to comb these woods looking for William," said the woman, who wishes to remain anonymous.

Comment from someone who appears to be a friend of the mother
5/27/2012 8:26 AM
http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/...njured/hAPamVv_TUGuTrP0hiewSA.cspx?p=Comments

She says mother tried to get baby back multiple times, but Burch dodged her.

It was a live from the scene interview and it was the mom or a family member who said that and I was just horrified. Then later they appealed that if a family member had the child to please call them, so that night I posted to my fellow Katelyn Markham searchers that maybe it was a divorce and the dad has the child and he will be fine. Woke up the next morning to the news he was dead. :anguish:

Coroner: 1-year-old suffered head trauma
http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/reg...coroner-blood-found-in-1-yr-old-skull_7555737

Coroner's statement. She is being cagey IMO. She isn't mentioning if there were any other bruises or injuries. She is putting a lot of weight on the fact that the toxicology won't come back for weeks. She is investigating the baby's developmental stage. She has described how well wrapped the baby was, a sheet, a plastic bag and another bag with dirty laundry in it.

Which brings up a good question. This baby was 1 year old. How does a one year old manage to get to steps to fall down them? A 1 year old, whether walking or crawling you have to watch much closer than say a two year old who is steady on their feet.

This is just my curiosity and not based on any fact. But I am seeing in some places where the suspect is called the child's aunt, and in some places called a babysitter. It makes me wonder if perhaps she might be the sister of the baby's father. And maybe there is no legal proof of the relationship of the father and child???? As in no paternity established? Again, just my impressions and my curiosity.

And who gives a one year old aspirin?????????????? Geez

The night this happened the local news was saying that the babysitter had refused to answer the mother's texts messages and calls for a few days. Those stories have all been updated and thus, the originals gone. Those were the stories I was going to put here earlier but noticed they all have changed from the links I had that I had shared with some local friends on facebook. I remember the night it broke a boy from Covington was missing and I head the mother say that -- I was hinky on the mom because why would you wait days and not call the police??? I don't care who had my kid, if they didn't answer or return my texts in a reasonable time (very, very short!) I would have been calling LE.

You know I would and you would, but not everyone would. My daughter thinks I over react because of situations like this. But the same issue has come up with my DGS and the baby's Daddy and paternal GM just saying they weren't bringing him back when they were supposed to. My DD usually is pretty laid back about it and usually says ok. And he is only about 18 months older than this baby.

Sickening. Reminds me of that other precious child who was being babysat by her aunt or cousin, not sure, and was murdered, and was reported kidnapped from the car when the aunt's boyfriend I think, went into a store to buy bottled water. He also had a burned face, turned out he had been burnt when they burned her poor little deceased body :( sick world

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back