GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continue discussion here...

Please remember the following are not allowed: :tos:
*name calling
*name variations
*derogatory comments about players in the case
*posting information after sleuthing family members

pastry.jpg
link

cookworks_wk1B03_coffee_lg.jpg
link

Good morning all, thanks to the mods for all my necessaries and my sweets too. Always need quiet time to think and focus, lol, bring it on !!

Can someone remind me what time they are starting today? The pre-jury part will be worth watching - judge will rule related to how Poirier's taking the 5th in one area affects his ability to testify at all and also on the reconsideration of the defense opening two doors during cross of Sabrina (kicking kids out of the house) and Alexis (MM's forgery history).

I know the sequence got thrown off yesterday because of the Poirier fiasco, but it seems kind of unfortunate that the "timeline" guy ended up testifying in the middle of the much more colorful inmates. It's going to be critical that the prosecution tie out the timeline in closing.

I didn't see the first couple days so maybe there was more about it there, but since I started watching there has been very little related to the actual timeline. The state has done a good job showing motive I believe, but unless they can prove there was opportunity nothing else will matter. Was there some timeline-related testimony early in the testimony, or just in opening statement and then rare bits and pieces after that?

Can someone remind me what time they are starting today? The pre-jury part will be worth watching - judge will rule related to how Poirier's taking the 5th in one area affects his ability to testify at all and also on the reconsideration of the defense opening two doors during cross of Sabrina (kicking kids out of the house) and Alexis (MM's forgery history).

The judge said attorneys at 8:15 & jury at 9:00.

Good morning! Thanks for the morning buffet !

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Inmates testify against Dr. MacNeill

The trial could go to the jury by Thursday. Prosecutors intended to call two more inmates to testify against him, including one who may invoke his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination on the witness stand.

Jason Poirier, who served time with Martin MacNeill in the Utah County Jail, is expected to testify about statements the doctor made about his wife’s death. However, he may refuse to testify under cross-examination about crimes he is accused of. The judge allowed so-called “prior bad acts” to be admissible in court.

In court, the judge had Poirier stand before him as he explained his right against self-incrimination. The judge allowed Poirier to have an attorney with him as he testified tomorrow.

Prosecutors said they planned to rest their case after recalling Dr. MacNeill’s mistress, Gypsy Willis, to the stand. Outside of court, deputy Utah County Attorney Chad Grunander would only tell FOX 13 they had “additional questions” for her

http://fox13now.com/2013/11/05/inmates-testify-against-dr-macneill/

Inmates testify against Dr. MacNeill

The trial could go to the jury by Thursday. Prosecutors intended to call two more inmates to testify against him, including one who may invoke his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination on the witness stand.

Jason Poirier, who served time with Martin MacNeill in the Utah County Jail, is expected to testify about statements the doctor made about his wife’s death. However, he may refuse to testify under cross-examination about crimes he is accused of. The judge allowed so-called “prior bad acts” to be admissible in court.

In court, the judge had Poirier stand before him as he explained his right against self-incrimination. The judge allowed Poirier to have an attorney with him as he testified tomorrow.

Prosecutors said they planned to rest their case after recalling Dr. MacNeill’s mistress, Gypsy Willis, to the stand. Outside of court, deputy Utah County Attorney Chad Grunander would only tell FOX 13 they had “additional questions” for her

http://fox13now.com/2013/11/05/inmates-testify-against-dr-macneill/

How can that be??? the defense has yet to put up a case and we know they have at least one witness if not

more

I know the sequence got thrown off yesterday because of the Poirier fiasco, but it seems kind of unfortunate that the "timeline" guy ended up testifying in the middle of the much more colorful inmates. It's going to be critical that the prosecution tie out the timeline in closing.

I didn't see the first couple days so maybe there was more about it there, but since I started watching there has been very little related to the actual timeline. The state has done a good job showing motive I believe, but unless they can prove there was opportunity nothing else will matter. Was there some timeline-related testimony early in the testimony, or just in opening statement and then rare bits and pieces after that?

Totally agree with this post...I am waiting for a serious accounting of exactly what went down on the morning of the 11th...a minute by minute account set out. The guy yesterday did the drive times but not everything else...gotta have opportunity or this is not going to end well for the prosection.

Still trying to figure out Gustin's role in this trial. Will she be the lead in the defense's case in chief??? So far this is totally the Spencer show for what that is worth

Interesting video!

I posted the Link to this video. When it posts to the comment board, the blue box appears along with a box that states the page does not exist.

Please click on Fox News within the blue box and it should take you to the video.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2810146940001/lawyer-of-utah-doc-accused-of-killing-wife-speaks-out/
FOX News.com

Video: Lawyer of Utah doc accused of killing wife speaks out
(Justice with Judge Jeanine)

Description
Inside defense's case in murder trial

Date
Nov 5, 2013

Duration 6:41
~~~~~

Note: It took a long time for the ad to play (start & stop) before the news story played. Once the ad played; no problem.

Hope you have no problems with this video!

Oops . . . I found this video on Judge Jeanine's website. It works a lot better than the one on FOX's site!

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/justi...f-killing-wife-speaks-out/?playlist_id=163706
FOX News - Justice with Judge Jeanine

November 5, 2013
Lawyer of Utah doc accused of killing wife speaks out

Inside defense's case in murder trial

Good morning! Harmony, thanks for the delicious snacks!

I'm surprised that HLN kept asking what Gypsy will be asked today. I, for one, believe that part, if not all, will be to impeach her previous testimony on the stand.

I haven't had time to re-watch her original testimony, but I recall she shrugged the relationship off as "casual" and that it was over. She claimed not to remember her "engagement," but remembered that "fabulous" ring. Her mother testified to the fairly elaborate engagement party in the restaurant.

One or more? of the inmates testified that she was called "wife" by inmate MM and that they exchanged letters from prison cell to prison cell.

Did anyone else pick out any other inconsistencies they can remember?

That's weird on the video, same thing happened to me. When you google it you get the video. :waitasec:

HLN After Dark ‏@HLNAfterDark 53s
BIG show planned for #HumpDay! #MartinMacNeill's daughter Giselle is here to open up about her dad & her mother's mysterious death. 10pET

Good morning! Harmony, thanks for the delicious snacks!

I'm surprised that HLN kept asking what Gypsy will be asked today. I, for one, believe that part, if not all, will be to impeach her previous testimony on the stand.

I haven't had time to re-watch her original testimony, but I recall she shrugged the relationship off as "casual" and that it was over. She claimed not to remember her "engagement," but remembered that "fabulous" ring. Her mother testified to the fairly elaborate engagement party in the restaurant.

One or more? of the inmates testified that she was called "wife" by inmate MM and that they exchanged letters from prison cell to prison cell.

Did anyone else pick out any other inconsistencies they can remember?

BBM - It will be very interesting to see the demeanor of the prosecutor today. During round one, the questioning was fairly low key even though it was obvious that she was trying to help MM. If she is the last witness the state calls, I suspect it will be an aggressive "attack" - all but painting her as a co-conspirator to get rid of the B and the F kids so the two lovers could be united.

She is the surrogate on the stand for MM, so I think the state will question her like they are questioning him, which they will not get the chance to do. They need to have the jurors believe she - I mean he - absolutely committed this murder before they close their case in chief.

Good morning everyone.

Here's some tea with honey and some nutter butter cookies.

I am going to sit down front today...don't want to miss <modsnip>Gypsy.

The State really needs to tie this together and package it to the jury with a nice big bow.

When Gypsy was on the stand listing her aliases, I don't believe she listed her bogus, married name.

BBM - It will be very interesting to see the demeanor of the prosecutor today. During round one, the questioning was fairly low key even though it was obvious that she was trying to help MM. If she is the last witness the state calls, I suspect it will be an aggressive "attack" - all but painting her as a co-conspirator to get rid of the B and the F kids so the two lovers could be united.

She is the surrogate on the stand for MM, so I think the state will question her like they are questioning him, which they will not get the chance to do. They need to have the jurors believe she - I mean he - absolutely committed this murder before they close their case in chief.

I totally agree... they need to take off the gloves with<modsnip>and intimidate her.... Wonder what they will ask her? any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer