Conrad Murray trial -Day four.

[Assessment of the addictive risk of propofol].
[Article in German]
Bonnet U.
Source
Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie & Klinik für abhängiges Verhalten und Suchtmedizin, LVR-Klinikum Essen, Universität Duisburg/Essen.
Abstract
In a survey of American and German medical personnel, the injectable hypnotic propofol was identified as one of the most frequently abused anaesthetics. With the help of MEDLINE, EMBASE, Scopus, Cochrane and internet search, data were sought that permit an assessment of propofol's risk of addiction. The clinical evaluation for hypnotics can usually be made with the scale of Griffith and Johnson. Thereafter, the relative risk of addiction (dependence potential/toxicity) of propofol is rather moderate if compared to phenobarbital. Its addictive potential is somewhat lower than that of lorazepam and cannabis (non-hypnotic reference) approximately in the range of that of triazolam or zopiclon. The few published clinical case reports (n = 8) are mainly from Germany and describe distinct psychological (craving, loss of control, focusing of behaviour on the use and procurement of the substance) and low levels of physical features of addiction (withdrawal symptoms, tolerance). On average, in the case reports 4.25 of 6 criteria of dependence (ICD-10) were met. The consumption of propofol is mainly limited to medical or medical-related occupations. Propofol has yet not arrived on the local black markets. An oral consumption appears not to occur or to be unattractive. The incentive of propofol's "high" (euphoria/relaxation) via the intravenous route is probably underestimated. This is supported by a high mortality rate (46.2 %) in the 78 reports on the consumption of propofol up to date. Forensic analyses consider mainly accidental respiratory arrests to be responsible for the deaths. In summary, propofol is considered to be a primary mental addictive substance that is characteristically intravenously consumed by persons within the medical profession. Because of its apparently narrow safety margin between pleasure and death, propofol is an extraordinary hazard which, unfortunately, is only reflected insufficiently in the scale of Griffith and Johnson.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21809257

Needless to say, but it is grossly irresponsible of a Doctor to be administering this drug like CM did.

Instructions with the Nonin 9500 indicate no audible alarms and intended only for spot checking (instantaneous reading at a doc office just to put your numbers on a piece of paper at your regular appointment).

This doc had 4 clinics, did he not have some realtime equipment there that he could have taken along? WTH.

Just used for spot checking .

Maybe that is why it Murray stuck it on Micheals hand while Alveraz was there. He was spot checking. :waitasec:

Spot checking a dead man all for show.

Spot checking a dead man all for show.

Isnt it interesting that Murray went to the security trailer for batteries?

Hinky flag... Two days before .....and security happen to have 2 batteries.

Not sure if you heard this or not but he is with NONIN the manufacturer of the dumbed down pulseoximeter defendant was using.

jmho

One of the witness mentioned Bob johnson on the stand ,anyone remember who that was?

With a virtual 50/50 likelihood of fatal overdose, I would like any of your input on what evidence exists of an organized crime scene that would indicate planning had been done in the event of MJ's death.

Also, did CM introduce this drug to MJ?

Does anyone feel this could have fit a 1st Degree Murder charge? Even if the chances of conviction are remote, it could have led to plea-bargain to plead no contest to the involuntary manslaughter charge. Did the prosecution want the accolades for getting the manslaughter conviction in court?

Sure is.
My hinky meter has been in orbit for over 28 months now.
I say again how can a licensed medical professional be that dumb? :waitasec:

jmho

Probably wasn't using it all along. Maybe MJ asked him about this??

Sure is.
My hinky meter has been in orbit for over 28 months now.
I say again how can a licensed medical professional be that dumb? :waitasec:

jmho

Stupid is as stupid does and stupid should be acutely painful!

I was hoping for an EMT before I left to see patients!

Probably wasn't using it all along. Maybe MJ asked him about this??

2 days before is when the nurse was called in the middle of the night.

So could murray have been checking his few safeguards? (and was it was hard to type the word safeguard in the sentence)

I can't imagine what cross the DT could have for this man.

Works for company that made pulse ox that Murray 'used'.

I thought Soul meant some other witness had mentioned Bob Johnson.
Sorry all old Boz is tired. Forgive me. :blushing:

Oh yeah, Flanagan is a real propofol expert, NOT!

I thought Soul meant some other witness had mentioned Bob Johnson.
Sorry all old Boz is tired. Forgive me. :blushing:

I did mean thaat.

They said Bob Johnson told them something.

Robert Russel on now .From Los vegas.

Mr. Russell had heart problem and Conrad Murray consulted at hospital. Must have been cardio on call.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back