GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does, but so did Scott Peterson. There isn't a whole lot they could do to themselves in a few days, but it could speak of plans to flee.

He's had a week. He could have shaved his head, grown or bought a mustache and worn brown contacts.

Stupidity or arrogance?

He's had a week. He could have shaved his head, grown or bought a mustache and worn brown contacts.

Stupidity or arrogance?

Or brown contacts, a dreadlocks wig, and rasta clothing!
In all seriousness, he's been on the run for years and never really did much to change his looks. He's just an idiot.

I can't imagine a much worse way to lose someone that you love. It is never easy to lose anyone you love but it has to be a thousand times worse when you know they were held against their will, killed and then had their remains subjected to such a horrible fate. Their agony must be unbearable.

Then, in their time of grief, they have to deal with the internet and many idiots who callously spread rumors, put Jaren down for her profession and such. I know they are probably very upset with a lot of what has been posted as comments in some places. I would be devastated. I have seen some really ugly and ignorant comments.

I know some of her friends and family have come to our page and I want to say that I really do give them my sincerest condolences. I am so sorry to hear what happened to Jaren. I really hope you will find this site to be a place where we don't allow trolls and wild rumors. We have moderators, TOS that is enforced and lots of caring members who are there to report any post that is malicious or that is just unfounded. The people here are just amazing.

I hope her loved ones will understand that the reason we are here at WS is because we want justice for Jaren too. We are all here because we want criminals put away and we want victims and their families to be supported. Victims, their loved one and justice is why we are here. Or at least that is why I am here an I know a lot of others feel the same.
Thank you, SwampMama, for wording my sentiments better than I ever could!
Praying for Jaren's family, friends, and Justice!

:praying:

Or brown contacts, a dreadlocks wig, and rasta clothing!
In all seriousness, he's been on the run for years and never really did much to change his looks. He's just an idiot.

He stays lost for long periods. Something must work for him.

ianal, but wouldn't there have to be some "evidence" etc etc etc to put in for extradition to Mississippi if she was arrested on "unrelated charges"?

I am thinking they have more than we know...

:moo:

http://www.fox8live.com/story/18788983/extradition-hearing-held-for-lockhart-murder-suspect

She can be detained while police determine whether there is probable cause to charge her with a crime. There is no limit to the length of a detainment. But a defendant's lawyer could argue for the release of an individual.

http://www.wafb.com/story/18783821/dismembered-womans-family

Neither Speaks nor Sanchez has been charged in Lockhart's murder at this time.

Meanwhile, federal agents plan to hold Speaks at the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office until Friday. At that time, he'll have another federal hearing to determine if he'll make bond.
Hope they set his bond very high if they let him go because he is obviously a flight risk based on his past history.

She can be detained while police determine whether there is probable cause to charge her with a crime. There is no limit to the length of a detainment. But a defendant's lawyer could argue for the release of an individual.

Yikes! No limit?

I need to befriend a criminal defense attorney in LA

It could be a sign that LE knows more than they are releasing to the public, as the only link to mississippi is that the body came ashore there, which means (possibly) she is being charged in the murder.

Until there is evidence showing that the murder occurred in LA, MS will be leading the investigation. BTW, the search of Sanchez's house in Kenner was executed pursuant to MS warrants.

That said, I'm sure LE is working together to solve this case and want to find the truth, not get into a "pissing contest." Hopefully, they all just want to see justice done.

Are you sure? It doesn't sound legal or reasonable that any one of us can be detained/arrested indefinitely while LE scrounges around to find some kind of probable cause for some kind of crime.

Speaking of probable cause, have we heard about the search warrant for the house? It seems neither of their charges in Louisiana would justify probable cause standards for a search warrant since they weren't arrested at the house. That's one document I'd like to see. Would that have been issued by Louisiana courts or Mississippi courts?

Are you sure? It doesn't sound legal or reasonable that any one of us can be detained/arrested indefinitely while LE scrounges around to find some kind of probable cause for some kind of crime.

Speaking of probable cause, have we heard about the search warrant for the house? It seems neither of their charges in Louisiana would justify probable cause standards for a search warrant since they weren't arrested at the house. That's one document I'd like to see. Would that have been issued by Louisiana courts or Mississippi courts?

not to mention there has to be probable cause for a warrant right? I think it may have more to do with who is the primary on the case/who issued the warrant, etc etc

As some people may know already I'm Jaren's "adopted" mom not the dear sweet lady that was shown so heartbroken on television even though I'm just as heartbroken. When I first stumbled across this web site in the very beginning of this nightmare some of the things being said angered and hurt me until sometime explained that it was just concerned people discussing and trying to disect the case. And then I realized it was ok for people to talk and have their opinions because it was keeping her name out there and people focused on her.

I just want to say thank you, for all the sleuthing everyone has done. And I'm glad people are finally seeing her for more than just her job description, that's all we've ever wanted. She was so much more, she always lit up the room with her smile and as y'all can see, she was deeply loved by the people who knew her best! We were not blind to her choices or lifestyle, but you can only hold their hands a little while before you have to let them fly out on their own. After that, all you can do his hope and pray! God bless everyone on this site. And if I was rude to anyone earlier on in this investigation, I truly apologize because I was lashing out through my grief

My thoughts are with you all. Her job is irrelevant to me, she was a beautiful, charismatic young lady whos story has reached us over here in England to!

She will get the justice she deserves. Please give her daughter a cuddle from me (as a 22 year old mother to a 3 year old son, i empathise).

We are all here and will keep beautiful Jarens story out there.

does that mean "I am not a lawyer" ?

not familiar with that one, and I feel safe assuming it's not some gross new Apple device.

:floorlaugh:

Yes, it stands for I am not a lawyer. :)

BBM

I'm rethinking my next trip.

I'm actually (irrationally) afraid of something like this. If I walk anywhere and drop some cells or a business card, somebody comes along 2 hours later and unnaturally dies on top of my "stuff", there's no other obvious perp, and I can't account for my time - I'm screwed.

My version of a conspiracy theory, you could say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member