Dan Rassier Lawsuit Against SCSO

BBM. It is easy to write it all off as simple incompetence. I don't think there's anything nefarious in the targeting of Mr. Rassier.

I think there is a case to be made that it was politically motivated on Sanner's part. Will certainly be interesting to see how things proceed ...

I think there is a case to be made that it was politically motivated on Sanner's part. Will certainly be interesting to see how things proceed ...

Point taken. I wonder what those politics may be? Personal vendetta? I don't think so. Higher Powers pulling strings? I don't think so. Pressure to solve the case? Possibly....but not likely. IMO...it may be incompetence...and a covering up thereof. Just a thought....but maybe LE was confused. Sometimes being in the thick of things gives one no perspective. But just the same....LE was hot on the trail in 1989....and it fizzled until 2004....then turned.....dramatically in 2010....so definitely a cause to wonder.

I think they botched the case and fingered the wrong guy. JMO.

It completely depends on the context about what DR's mom said. It's a non-issue anyhow because it doesn't matter, Dan Rassier had nothing to do with it.

My writings did indicate that DR could have done it. Same with my writings about other suspects. The thing is, you have to work to eliminate people, and until they're eliminated theyre still in the pool of possible suspects. Locking onto any one perp is always a mistake and makes people look foolish, as we saw with certain social media writers.

DR's mom is probably a lot like my mom. A midwestern "old school' woman/mom. If a law enforcement officer was grilling my mom, she would most likely believe what they told her, no matter what it was. Typical 50's house wife and not putting her down at all. I'm sure she was being questioned alone and was just being "matter of fact".

On another note. I have been on since, almost the start of this forum and I have read every word and more, just like most of you though I rarely comment. I just want to say that that "trackergd" and Robert Dudley have always made sense when nothing made any sense to me, so thank you. Since this is in the last stages of this forum, I just wanted to say thank you to you all including sas and human and sirius and cborg, who kept posting when there was nothing left to post and the others that kept this forum going. And especially Robert, who I know doesn't get the credit he deserves, in media or anywhere, perhaps other than this forum. You are the true hero in this all. So thank you! And thanks to everyone. I hope to see you all on other WS forums in the future and I hope Robert you find your next passion where you can be as much help as you were in solving this. Thank you all.

I think they botched the case and fingered the wrong guy. JMO.

[FONT=.SF UI Display]I think so too. Some people have a hard time admitting they are wrong or made a mistake. Sadly, I think this played a huge role in the investigation. [/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
Is is just me or has anybody else noticed that people born before mid to late 60's or right around that time have a hard time admitting they are wrong or made a mistake? Just to clarify, I'm not saying this goes for everyone in that age range, just generally speaking. There must have been a come to Jesus moment around this time for parents to start telling their kids it's okay to make a mistake.
[/FONT]

DR's mom is probably a lot like my mom. A midwestern "old school' woman/mom. If a law enforcement officer was grilling my mom, she would most likely believe what they told her, no matter what it was. Typical 50's house wife and not putting her down at all. I'm sure she was being questioned alone and was just being "matter of fact".

On another note. I have been on since, almost the start of this forum and I have read every word and more, just like most of you though I rarely comment. I just want to say that that "trackergd" and Robert Dudley have always made sense when nothing made any sense to me, so thank you. Since this is in the last stages of this forum, I just wanted to say thank you to you all including sas and human and sirius and cborg, who kept posting when there was nothing left to post and the others that kept this forum going. And especially Robert, who I know doesn't get the credit he deserves, in media or anywhere, perhaps other than this forum. You are the true hero in this all. So thank you! And thanks to everyone. I hope to see you all on other WS forums in the future and I hope Robert you find your next passion where you can be as much help as you were in solving this. Thank you all.

Thank you, but there's only been one hero in all of this, and that's Jared.

I'm still working on other cases from the Stearns County area. The Reker book is out now. I'm planning the next book, which will be a collection of cold cases from Stearns County, will be out by early 2018.

Rob, your book played a pivotal role in cracking the Wetterling case wide open. You deserve to be acknowledged for your contributions to uncovering the truth! With regard to the myriad theories posited here for many years, we worked with what we had and shared the common goal of finding out what happened to Jacob. I don't think anyone had a vendetta, if you will, against a particular potential perpetrator. We were using whatever information we could find to study the case, which certainly did not include the information contained in the multitudinous files of the sheriff's dept. We may have not been entitled to it, but surely the public should not have been led in a completely erroneous direction. I think people here were honest and sincere in their efforts to find the truth, with no nefarious intent but rather a sincere desire to pursue answers. It hurts to know the truth should have been painfully obvious long ago to the people entrusted with investigating and solving this crime.

Portions of Lawsuit Filed by Former Wetterling Person of Interest Dismissed

http://kstp.com/news/portions-lawsuit-daniel-rassier-wetterling-dismissed/4689310/

On Thursday, United States District Judge Donovan Frank dismissed the portions of the lawsuit that claimed the search warrants were obtained by fraudulent or illegal means.

The judge also dismissed McDonald as a party in the lawsuit. The court did uphold Rassier's claims of First Amendment retaliation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and defamation, "stemming from Sanner labeling Rassier a person of interest."

I kind of expected DR's case to be completely dismissed, but I'm glad that some of it is at least continuing.

I just want to know why in 2002 suddenly this man was named a poi over Daniel Heinrich, whose matching tire and footprints were on the driveway in 1989...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A magistrate judge has scheduled a pre-trial timeline in Daniel and Rita Rassier's lawsuit against the local investigators who labeled Daniel a "person of interest" in the Jacob Wetterling abduction.

The schedule sets a settlement conference for May, 2019. If the case is not settled, according to court documents, all parties must be ready for trial on Oct. 31, 2019.

Three counts against Stearns County and individual former employees address the violation of Daniel Rassier's First and 14th Amendment rights. One of the three counts alleges the defendants published false statements that caused physical, emotional and financial injury.

https://www.sctimes.com/story/news/...tive-trial-rassier-suit-late-2019/1086705001/

Glad to see the lawsuit continuing, but boy do the wheels of justice turn slowly when this settlement conference isn't until over a year from now.

I just want to know why in 2002 suddenly this man was named a poi over Daniel Heinrich, whose matching tire and footprints were on the driveway in 1989...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
So does everyone else, Sasquatch. Naming DR definitely put many people on the wrong track.

So does everyone else, Sasquatch. Naming DR definitely put many people on the wrong track.

This was a huge mistake by the BCA, Sheriff and Lead detective. They made up for it by making a deal with the murderer for confession, but ultimately for DR, all those years of being named publicly can never be made up for.

It's getting cold again, I've already been wearing a hoodie to go outside. Can you guys imagine how cold it might have been around midnight in November when josh left the alcoholic party to walk back to his dorm? without a coat and without his glasses? but if he fell where is he?

It's getting cold again, I've already been wearing a hoodie to go outside. Can you guys imagine how cold it might have been around midnight in November when josh left the alcoholic party to walk back to his dorm? without a coat and without his glasses? but if he fell where is he?

I presume you're talking about Joshua Guimond. If that's the case, it was 40 degrees fahrenheit at the time.

I presume you're talking about Joshua Guimond. If that's the case, it was 40 degrees fahrenheit at the time.

According to the farmers almanac there was a low of 27.1 that day with observations of fog.

Sounds about right. At midnight though it was around 40.

Sounds about right. At midnight though it was around 40.

Interesting, even at 40 that is too cold to be walking alone without a coat and without his glasses. If he left the road to go to the bathroom along the steep embankments of the lake, it is possible his body is submerged in a muddy sediment near shore. Or he was abducted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back