NY-Long Island-4 bodies on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I couldn't reply with quo0tes, but I have had a hunch since day 1 that this is someone with a knowledge of the area, a summer renter, and person with access to water or fishing. I am still going with seasonal worker out of captree, with access to burlap. If it is just a regular citizen, a clamming license is necessary... and this could provide tracking.

I will figure this out if it kills me. Thanks for the update with the dates and their weekends- I think it's sooooooooo significant.

as for the 5th body being dumped by a copycat, imo i don't think it'd be possible. the 5th body is highly decomposed (so decomposed they cannot tell gender) so the body has likely been there for awhile, since last year. we didn't even hear about these bodies until this past december.
so if the 5th body has been there since last year, the person who dumped it wouldn't have even know about the other bodies or the possible serial killer.

imo, i believe this 5th is related to the other 4 found and same killer(s).

my guess is that the 5th is a female, possibly missing for as long as since 2008. (we don't have any victims yet for the killer in that year)

on the nancy grace transcript they say that:

"To Dr. Robert Kaufman, doctor of internal medicine. How well can you tell from a skeleton that it`s a woman? It`s fairly easy to do.

DR. ROBERT KAUFMAN, INTERNAL MEDICINE: Well, the DNA testing can tell, looking at the chromosomes to see if it`s an X or a Y chromosome. That can clearly tell if it`s a male or a female."

this alone, along with that they used the dna of shannon gilbert to determine that it wasn't her; would make me guess that it's a female.
thank you to had posted nancy grace's transcript, i had missed it that night, and i comprehend better by reading.

here's the nancy grace link again:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1103/31/ng.02.html

at this point i think that the burlap served as a type of camuflage for the bodies after the killer dumped them. if someone were to venture past he'd think they'd assume it was garbage left over from crabbing or fishing. according to the nancy grace transcript, the body wasn't far from the road. you pull over, walk a few feet. so if someone were to pull over with a flat tire, or to urinate, they'd likely see burlap and think maybe it was garbage left over from the crabbing or fishing industry.
also taken into account, the burlap sack being used to transport a victim's body and the growth of the overgrowth near the roadside during busy months.

also interesting is the article about jb's house being up for sale, the house that le seized and searched after shannon went missing.

his house is for sale at only half of it's value. i wonder why jb is selling his house? obviously there's been a lot of talk about him...
here's the link again for jb's house up for sale:
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04...roperty-values-decreasing-after-bodies-found/

Sorry I couldn't reply with quo0tes, but I have had a hunch since day 1 that this is someone with a knowledge of the area, a summer renter, and person with access to water or fishing. I am still going with seasonal worker out of captree, with access to burlap. If it is just a regular citizen, a clamming license is necessary... and this could provide tracking.

I will figure this out if it kills me. Thanks for the update with the dates and their weekends- I think it's sooooooooo significant.

mrsg, do you think that the killer may be a summer person (either worker or vacationer/renter) yet a lot of people around here (upstate a little ny) go fishing without getting a license. we do have a large population of illegal immigrants here and they always are fishing, crabbing. a lot of people go fishing without their license :innocent: however i got a license for our canoe.

it seems that there's so many potential spots around there that could be a dumping grounds, yet either out of limited knowledge of woodlands (potential dump spots) in the area, or ritualisticness, the killer sticks to the same area...

Connecticut possibilities. I looked for women under 30, reasonably petite though I wasn't strict about that, who disappeared roughly between Memorial day weekend and just after Labor day. I didn't include runaways or women who it didn't appear had left the area, and only went back to about 2004. Am I correct that all four of the identified women are white?

Angelica Cruz, New Haven, September 04, 2009 - 03:00 Angelica may be traveling in the company of an adult male. She may travel out of state.

Leslie Colon, New Haven, July 13, 2009, very little data

Maria Claros, Hartford, Hartford, July 03, 2009, MARIA'S LAST C0NTACT WAS BY CELL PH0NE WHEN SHE T0LD M0THER SHE WAS IN NEW YORK.

Judy Rivers, Fairfield area, August 30, 2008. She is believed to be a runaway. Per the Norwalk Police Department, Judy is a ward of the State of New York who was placed in Connecticut. She left with a boyfriend and has not been seen or heard from since.

MAUREEN BRAINARD-BARNES, New London, LEFT F0R NEW YORK 0N 07-09-2007 WITH PLANS T0 RETURN 0N 07-10-2007. SHE HAS NOT BEEN SEEN SINCE. https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3463/54/

I think any missing Woman who has used Craigslist should be looked into.

LE hasn't said how long the Bodies have been there before being found. Iv 'e heard anywhere from a Month up to 2 Years. Nothing Concrete though.
It might be safe to assume the latter.
If someone had left a Body or Bodies undiscovered they felt safe enough to keep coming back to do it again. He hasn't been found out and feels it's safe to go back to same area to keep doing what he want's to do. Not get caught.
Thinking about Smart Phones, A Person can do everything on a Phone that a Home Computer can do. Check Email go on to CL, leave and retrieve messages. That goes for the Girls and the SK. I don't know if that makes it harder to trace but if your using a Blackberry your IP address isn't a fixed location. Where you are when you send or receive can be traced but it's not like a home with a House address.
Food for thought

I think the SCPD started the search west of Gilgo because they had some other information, not because they were searching for SG. I don't believe the reason for the initial search. Why would thy search 8-10 miles away for a girl that was last seen in Oak Beach? I think they have a lot more info then they are letting out. And I don't think this search was started because of SG.

I think the SCPD started the search west of Gilgo because they had some other information, not because they were searching for SG. I don't believe the reason for the initial search. Why would thy search 8-10 miles away for a girl that was last seen in Oak Beach? I think they have a lot more info then they are letting out. And I don't think this search was started because of SG.

:wagon:

Welcome to WS goathairjones!!!! I look forward to your contributions!

It does seem odd that LE would search for Shannon 8-10 miles away. I wonder why they were led there as well.

wm

Connecticut possibilities. I looked for women under 30, reasonably petite though I wasn't strict about that, who disappeared roughly between Memorial day weekend and just after Labor day. I didn't include runaways or women who it didn't appear had left the area, and only went back to about 2004. Am I correct that all four of the identified women are white?

Angelica Cruz, New Haven, September 04, 2009 - 03:00 Angelica may be traveling in the company of an adult male. She may travel out of state.

Angelica Cruz, SAT. 9-4-09. MOON, Waxing toward Full on 9-7-09 Last seen date is arond Labor day holiday.

Leslie Colon, New Haven, July 13, 2009, very little data

Leslie Colon, MON. July 13, 09, MOON Waning Gibbous. (between 3/4 and 1/2 going dark) New MOON 1 wk 2 days later on Wed.,7-22-09. (

Maria Claros, Hartford, Hartford, July 03, 2009, MARIA'S LAST C0NTACT WAS BY CELL PH0NE WHEN SHE T0LD M0THER SHE WAS IN NEW YORK.

Maria Claros, FRI., 7-3-09 Moon WAXING (toward full) Independence Day was the following day, SAt 7-4-09.

Judy Rivers, Fairfield area, August 30, 2008. She is believed to be a runaway. Per the Norwalk Police Department, Judy is a ward of the State of New York who was placed in Connecticut. She left with a boyfriend and has not been seen or heard from since.

Judy Rivers, last seen SAT., 8-30-08, MOON, Waning sliver, The New Moon occured Sunday, 9-1-08, the following evening. This is also around Labor Day holiday.

MAUREEN BRAINARD-BARNES, New London, LEFT F0R NEW YORK 0N 07-09-2007 WITH PLANS T0 RETURN 0N 07-10-2007. SHE HAS NOT BEEN SEEN SINCE. https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3463/54/

I wanted to keep this updated for you all. My comments above in Blue. Names respectfully BBM.

Have at it sleuths!! Three of these women disappeared around a holiday. Two were last seen during a waning moon. One woman was last seen on a FRI, one on a SAturday and one on a Monday. I don't know if this helps, but it gives me something to do while we wait.:crazy:

wm

I'm confused - you listed women that are possibilities, but isn't Maureen one of the original 4?

I'm confused - you listed women that are possibilities, but isn't Maureen one of the original 4?

I thought so, but she's still listed in NAMUS as of last night. Presumably they're just late updating the database, but maybe there's some question we haven't heard about? I don't know.

I tend to agree with you about this. The more I look at the similarities of the four women who were found, the less I think SG is a victim of the same killer. I think it's more likely that her pimp or an ex-boyfriend or somebody was following her.

Thanks, waltzingmatilda! I've been following this case since the first bodies were found. I live very close by. Several years ago I would drive the Ocean Parkway to and from work every day. I personally don't think it is someone that drives the Ocean Parkway daily. It would be too risky.

I find it very odd that the SCPD said the initial search was a training exercise. They train the K9 handlers in Yaphank.

Another odd aspect of this case is that the last body was spotted by an officer driving by on the Ocean Parkway or on the shoulder. He said he spotted something that he thought needed to have a closer look. If it was that obvious from the road, I would guess that the 5th body was dumped recently and was not there during the previous searches.

I agree. Remember that odd man who recently attacked a woman he hired for sex through Craigslist? The police said right away that he couldn't be the Long Island killer because he wasn't smart enough -- a very unusual thing to say.

I suspect that LE has a strong lead on this killer's identity, or at least a detailed and worthwhile profile. They're trying to use the media to lure him in psychologically.

Hi Claudette, I listed Maureen's moon phases on the previous page or two along with the other 3 bodies identified from the DEC find based on MSM reports. She is also from Connecticut.

Hope this helps....:)

wm

Hi Claudette, I listed Maureen's moon phases on the previous page or two along with the other 3 bodies identified from the DEC find based on MSM reports. She is also from Connecticut.

Hope this helps....:)

wm

She means that Maureen is one of the four bodies that were already identified, but I had her on my list of "possibles" because she is still listed in NAMUS.

I did some probing today, and one of the reasons that she might still be listed there is if her body wasn't complete. So they leave her in so if some other jurisdiction found the rest of it and entered DNA, it would come up as a match. Which might also be why the officer with the dog was looking where he was. He might have been expecting to find something other than a fifth body. If you get my drift.

I agree. Remember that odd man who recently attacked a woman he hired for sex through Craigslist? The police said right away that he couldn't be the Long Island killer because he wasn't smart enough -- a very unusual thing to say.

I suspect that LE has a strong lead on this killer's identity, or at least a detailed and worthwhile profile. They're trying to use the media to lure him in psychologically.

Aleph, I had forgotten about this report. Thanks for mentioning it. I also thought it unusual for the police to say he wasn't a suspect because he wasn't smart enough. (he was quite adept at computer technology IIRC)

maybe they are trying to lure him in psychologically by insulting him with those words. Hence the 5th body being dumped.

Can anyone here find a link to that news story in a timely manner and post to refresh our memories? Sorry to bother ya'll with this but I have company this weekend and keep running to the BR to check for updates and don't have much time to check back through the thread for it.

goathairjones, it is great to have another local here who can give a local perspective to those of us not familiar with the area. I do find the timing and reasoning for these searches suspicious. A few days ago, I added a police officer to my personal list of potential suspects.

Time will tell.....

All MOO

wm

I was just talking to my neighbor about this subject and he said that his wife's friend was driving on Ocean Parkway either last year or the year before and she saw a girl running into the road screaming. He said that her and her husband went to stop to help the girl but someone else stopped as well and they decided to keep going. He said that it was raining out when it happened. Does anyone know if it was raining the night SG ran from the old man's house in Oak Beach?

Hy neighbor said that his wife's friend never reported it to police even after the bodies were found. What is wrong with people? I will see if I can get more info from my neighbor or his wife. And I will tell them to persuade the girl to report it.

waltzingmatilda,

I find it very interesting that you've added a police officer to the list of potential suspects. Can you elaborate?

When I heard about the Asian guy in the dark surburban SUV in Oak Beach, I thought about someone that matches that description. But it would be a real long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail