Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Those residents should be ashamed of themselves. Shannan's family lost their daughter/sister/aunt under suspicious circumstances IN THEIR COMMUNITY. They should have been out there lighting candles with Shannan's family and offering any type of assistance possible... not threatening to call the cops on the family. Heartless. JMO. :-(

Me neither shadowwraiths. Kudos to Shannan's mom for yelling back to the haughty neighbor, "It will take 911 45 minutes to get here!"

What a brilliant response!

MOO

wm

Why does the term "mean-spirited" come to mind?

Wonder why they didn't call rent-a-cop :waitasec:

I read on another site that PH has two prosthetic legs ... in which case, I apologize for my previous insinuation that his gait may have been due to drunkenness.

Those residents should be ashamed of themselves. Shannan's family lost their daughter/sister/aunt under suspicious circumstances IN THEIR COMMUNITY. They should have been out there lighting candles with Shannan's family and offering any type of assistance possible... not threatening to call the cops on the family. Heartless. JMO. :-(

IMO, it was uncalled for & thoughtless....but the good news is, residents have a heightened awareness of what's going on in their neighborhood now.

I read on another site that PH has two prosthetic legs ... in which case, I apologize for my previous insinuation that his gait may have been due to drunkenness.

Where did you read that? In the pics that I saw, it was only one. Unfortunately, the person who posted the pics has made their fb wall and pics private, so I cannot double check. I wonder if the owner of the pics is reading this forum or has been tipped off by someone. :sigh:

On this one, I can appreciate the Oak beach residents' view. I'm not saying I agree with the way they handled it...ie shouting about calling the police ( I wish they could have shown some compassion)but I think going door to door was wrong. And was she asked to leave and did she refuse? We do not know that either. It is private property. This community has been inundated with reporters, police ect. I also think it hurt SG's mother's credibilty since the news came out about her children in foster care.You don't loose your kids unless it is major. I have heard some comments that the mother is doing some grandstanding. Whethere or not that's true, I can't say. But expecting a community to light candles and participate in a memorial for a girl who was a working prostitute that they never knew is just not going to happen.

On this one, I can appreciate the Oak beach residents' view. I'm not saying I agree with the way they handled it...ie shouting about calling the police ( I wish they could have shown some compassion)but I think going door to door was wrong. And was she asked to leave and did she refuse? We do not know that either. It is private property. This community has been inundated with reporters, police ect. I also think it hurt SG's mother's credibilty since the news came out about her children in foster care.You don't loose your kids unless it is major. I have heard some comments that the mother is doing some grandstanding. Whethere or not that's true, I can't say. But expecting a community to light candles and participate in a memorial for a girl who was a working prostitute that they never knew is just not going to happen.

ITA with all of the above

There were a ton of reporters and cameramen following the family around. Someone had to let the news stations know that they were going to be there. I can understand residents being annoyed by the whole thing.

That comment by Cornholio, actually said two prosthetic "Limbs." So, that may suggest one leg and one one arm. Can't assume it is two legs that they are referring to.

That comment by Cornholio, actually said two prosthetic "Limbs." So, that may suggest one leg and one one arm. Can't assume it is two legs that they are referring to.

In at least one tv interview he is wearing a short sleeved short. So it definitely isn't an arm they are talking about.

Yep, I've re-watched all of the videos posted here. He does seem to have a noticeable general look of stiffness or awkwardness in his right shoulder/upper arm and of course the leg stiffness. Just wanted to point out that the poster said "Limbs" not "legs.

ETA: Who says "limbs" anyway? (Medical personnel?)

I've been thinking more & more about the killer's "deviation" with Shannan Gilbert. The extensive searches by foot, by air & in water haven't turned up any sign of her remains.

7/07 Maureen Brainard-Barnes was disposed of at Oak Beach

7/09 Melissa Barthelemy was disposed of at Oak Beach

5/10 Shannan Gilbert - ??

6/10 Megan Waterman was disposed of at Oak Beach

9/10 Amber Costello was disposed of at Oak Beach

IMO, the only reason the killer would deviate in his disposal plans with Gilbert would be to deflect suspicion away from himself. However, the only men who have been named in the news which caused public speculation & suspicion, were Joseph Brewer, Peter Hackett and Michael Pak. Therefore, IMO, the killer *has* to be one of those 3 men. Then, following with all the various profiles, the killer is reportedly someone very familiar with the Oak Beach area. IMO, that eliminates Pak. Finally, all the victims were Craigslist prostitutes. There's nothing to suggest that Hackett (being married) would have a "need" for a prostitute. Both Brewer and Pak obviously have a connection to prostitutes - Brewer as a customer/John and Pak as a "driver" who shared in their earnings. But Pak doesn't have that same level of familiarity with Oak Beach specifically. That narrows it down to Brewer. IMO, Brewer is definitely the killer. And he disposed of Shannan elsewhere thinking that perhaps police would descend on the area back in May of 2010. When they didn't, he got cocky/confident and then killed Megan Waterman in June and then Amber Costello in September. Hopefully, law enforcement will be able to match up forensic evidence from him or his home with evidence found with one of these victims.

Just my 2 cents...

I've been thinking more & more about the killer's "deviation" with Shannan Gilbert. The extensive searches by foot, by air & in water haven't turned up any sign of her remains.

IMO, the only reason the killer would deviate in his disposal plans with Gilbert would be to deflect suspicion away from himself. However, the only men who have been named in the news which caused public speculation & suspicion, were Joseph Brewer, Peter Hackett and Michael Pak. Therefore, IMO, the killer *has* to be one of those 3 men. Then, following with all the various profiles, the killer is reportedly someone very familiar with the Oak Beach area. IMO, that eliminates Pak. Finally, all the victims were Craigslist prostitutes. There's nothing to suggest that Hackett (being married) would have a "need" for a prostitute. Both Brewer and Pak obviously have a connection to prostitutes - Brewer as a customer/John and Pak as a "driver" who shared in their earnings. But Pak doesn't have that same level of familiarity with Oak Beach specifically. That narrows it down to Brewer. IMO, Brewer is definitely the killer. And he disposed of Shannan elsewhere thinking that perhaps police would descend on the area back in May of 2010. When they didn't, he got cocky/confident and then killed Megan Waterman in June and then Amber Costello in September. Hopefully, law enforcement will be able to match up forensic evidence from him or his home with evidence found with one of these victims.

Just my 2 cents...

They weren't named until 6 months after she disappeared

But if Brewer were planning on killing her why would he call MP an complain that she wouldn't leave his house? It doesn't make sense to me that she would make MP come get her out of the house and then when she runs away he chases her down and kill her. Why not kill her during the 3 hours she was in his house?

Just my 2 cents...

I don't agree, MrsPC. Think about how all of the other girls were acquired. The SK goes and picks them up. SG was delivered to JB. The SK would never even consider that. JB didn't do it.

I really feel that the SK lives in Oak Beach. I get this weird vision when I think about it. I see him driving north over the Robert Moses Causeway bridge with SG in the car. She is either knocked unconscious or dead. And as he is driving north, he sees the SCPD responding southbound toward Oak Beach. And all he can do is laugh that it took so long for the SCPD to respond.

He takes her to his place of business. It is located in an industrial park close by. Maybe Bay Shore, Deer Park or Hauppauge. He is the owner of the business and he opens the garage door and pulls the car inside. He then does his sick little deed and prepares the body for disposal. Except this body can never be found. Things got too out-of-hand in Oak Beach. But as long as they can't find a body, they can't get him for the crime. I feel he either dismembers her or disposed of her at sea.

I hope I am wrong about this. I hope SG is still alive. But this is the vision I get when I think about all of the facts of the crime and just play it through in my head.

They weren't named until 6 months after she disappeared

But if Brewer were planning on killing her why would he call MP an complain that she wouldn't leave his house? It doesn't make sense to me that she would make MP come get her out of the house and then when she runs away he chases her down and kill her. Why not kill her during the 3 hours she was in his house?

true...Brewer, Hackett & Pak weren't named until December (or later.)

I still believe that most likely Brewer disposed of Gilbert elsewhere just in case.

I think the call to Pak was to cover himself. I firmly believe he drugged Shannan. And as far as Pak's actions...we still don't have a accurate/clear picture of what he really did or where exactly he saw Shannan. Do we?

true...Brewer, Hackett & Pak weren't named until December (or later.)

I still believe that most likely Brewer disposed of Gilbert elsewhere just in case.

I think the call to Pak was to cover himself. I firmly believe he drugged Shannan. And as far as Pak's actions...we still don't have a accurate/clear picture of what he really did or where exactly he saw Shannan. Do we?
No but we do know what time she was running around the neighborhood from other witnesses. that would mean that JB would have to kill her and dispose of her body in between the time GC saw her and police arrived. JB and MP knew she was on the phone with 911. I can't see them killing her then.

Plus I don't see the SK having her dropped off by a driver. What could his plan have been, knowing there would be a witness?

No but we do know what time she was running around the neighborhood from other witnesses. that would mean that JB would have to kill her and dispose of her body in between the time GC saw her and police arrived. JB and MP knew she was on the phone with 911. I can't see them killing her then.

Plus I don't see the SK having her dropped off by a driver. What could his plan have been, knowing there would be a witness?

here's where I'm fuzzy....do we even know if police spoke to Brewer back in May? or did they just speak to Coletti at that time?

Good point about her being dropped off by a driver....but perhaps Brewer wasn't initially planning on killing Gilbert??

I don't agree, MrsPC. Think about how all of the other girls were acquired. The SK goes and picks them up. SG was delivered to JB. The SK would never even consider that. JB didn't do it.

I really feel that the SK lives in Oak Beach. I get this weird vision when I think about it. I see him driving north over the Robert Moses Causeway bridge with SG in the car. She is either knocked unconscious or dead. And as he is driving north, he sees the SCPD responding southbound toward Oak Beach. And all he can do is laugh that it took so long for the SCPD to respond.

He takes her to his place of business. It is located in an industrial park close by. Maybe Bay Shore, Deer Park or Hauppauge. He is the owner of the business and he opens the garage door and pulls the car inside. He then does his sick little deed and prepares the body for disposal. Except this body can never be found. Things got too out-of-hand in Oak Beach. But as long as they can't find a body, they can't get him for the crime. I feel he either dismembers her or disposed of her at sea.

I hope I am wrong about this. I hope SG is still alive. But this is the vision I get when I think about all of the facts of the crime and just play it through in my head.

I get that strange feeling too that he might live in the same neighborhood. All other avenues JB, MP and PH don't feel right. The possibility that she ran up to Oak Parkway and the SK just happened to be driving by doesn't sit with me either. This would also explain the missing video tape from the Gate (if there ever really was one.)

It seems like a big coincidence ("They're trying to kill me!"), but you also have to take into account that Shannon was bipolar, on drugs and probably gets the creeps from most of her clients. That would also explain why she wouldn't trust the driver that she has worked with in the past.

It also seems like "hobbying" might be popular in L.I. or maybe the population density inflates the sense of coincidence in this case. The craigslist connection might not be that relevant either.

That's an interesting premise about the body disposal. That would explain the MO change if the Manorville stuff was linked.

I hope the police held on to all of their dashboard videotapes for that day. It would be a good idea to check it.

Good point about her being dropped off by a driver....but perhaps Brewer wasn't initially planning on killing Gilbert??

It's still a giant risk with a small window of opportunity, and I don't really see how it could be done w/o the drifter or MP being privy to it.

Another possibility is that there was an accident of some sort that MP and JB figured would make them look guilty. In that case MP would have leave w/ SG while JB talked to the cops. The fact that the island turns out to be a dumping ground for a serial killer that uses the Internet is complete unrelated and just a matter of high population density. Maybe he he didn't even know SG went missing there.

Does anyone know when it was first published that SG went missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708