FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks SS,. appreciate the effort.

Maybe I am wrong, and LE did return the car and the family sent it back to the leasing company. Hmm. Maybe it is a case by case thing.

They sure did clean that car. Notice that any dirt inside, the sunshade is gone, and the front passenger seat was returned to the upright position.

funny how Drew said that Jennifer was probably last seen in that car. Makes me wonder if Le does have a photo of the POI and JK in the car?

or is Drew speculating that JK was attacked in her car?

thanks again.

left

You are welcome, Left.

I was surprised LE returned the car myself, but as you can see...they didn't cut, keep, or pull out anything (attached to the vehicle) which indicates to me there was not much evidence present to further investigate.

I went back to find where Drew made the comment about the car. He was pretty adamant about it. (Haven't found that link yet tho.)

No wonder LE has had such a difficult time with the clothing aspect! We can't agree on anything about the clothes either. LOL I guess that is why they said to ignore the clothes and concentrate on the subject.

This is my first post on this forum. Have any of you considered that the POI could be employed at Disney, or Epcot? Where Jennifer lived is nearby.

The clothing, to me, looks like either a cook or a painter. Some painters keep their head covered, so that they don't get paint in their hair.

If this POI was employed at Disney I fear he could be
out of the area by now.

I live near Tampa, and I have followed this case. I have always thought the height of the POI was not right.

No wonder LE has had such a difficult time with the clothing aspect! We can't agree on anything about the clothes either. LOL I guess that is why they said to ignore the clothes and concentrate on the subject.
I think that it is good to discuss the clothing and the different possibilities. We may hit on this guy's occupation. People have been posting photos to show the type of clothing that different occupations are wearing. It really makes me think.

As a matter of fact, I haven't really been able to reconcile the shoes with the military shoes. They are lower cut black shoes. I was wondering, since several people have mentioned that the shoes look too big for the person, if what we are seeing is covering over a different type of shoe. Could he be wearing some type of "galosh" (for lack of a better word) to keep from leaving shoe prints or evidence in the car?

The POI

You know, we can all agree to disagree about how the POI is dressed.

In my mind, it really doesnt' matter much if he is a chef, bicyclist, sailor, etc. We are all basically making "educated guesses".

However, when it comes to the height of the POI, that is a very, very, important issue.

If the majority of the board is correct, and the POI is 4-8 inches taller than the LE estimate, it could turn a "cold" investigation hot quickly.

Time for LE to put this issue to rest. Send out a team, make a second, third, fourth, measurement, and let the citizens of Orlando know you have the right height.

While you are there. Do some re-enactments, so you know which colors show up light, and which are dark.

I just can't believe that nobody in LE has thought of the idea of having other "models" walk in front of that camera. It seems so elementary. I suggested it over a year ago, and still nothing to our knowledge.

Get out there, spend a day doing experiments, and see if the original estimate is correct. Stop chasing 5"4 illegal aliens who in my opinion are most likely not the POI.

I just don't get it, the height is the single biggest clue. Heck, it's the only clue, other than evidence in that car.

This case is cold for a reason. One of LE's assumptions is incorrect, I think it is the height, I also think the POI is wearing something on his head, and doesn't have black hair.

Time to listen to the majority. Let's settle this height thing once and for all. Show me the downside of checking an estimate.

left

I keep wondering why the POI's scent trail ended suddenly at that spot at the Mosaic... That has to be important since most posters can't believe the POI left a bike chained up at that spot.... so... Someone picked him up? Or there's more to the scent trail than we know?

Good Aim:

Let me start by saying I am not an expert on tracking dogs.

Here is what I believe.

I believe those dogs are highly trained to follow a scent of someone as far as it takes them.

I believe the dog is accurate, and the POI possibly went back to Mosaic

However, one would think there are various reasons why the scent was lost.

What about the possibility that the sidewalk was home to countless scents from other worker's, residents, etc, which all pass the one location.

Another explanation is that the POI got into an automobile. Another is the pOI scent was lost because of watering of the grass, which may have washed the scent. Maybe, a stronger order, such as fertilizer, perfume, overwhelmed the scent.

You bring up a good point, how do we know the scent doesnt' continue past that spot. We don't. All we know is the dog lost the trail on that spot. My belief is that dogs are taught to "stop", if they are at all confused.

Maybe, the scent became weak, or because the person lives or works at Mosaic, there were multiple scents of the POI at that particular spot.

LIke I said, it is just my educated guess, on the little I know about tracking dogs.

Some don't trust the dogs, I do. But, they are a tool, a tool that has been used for decades by Police with success, otherwise, they would not be used.

left

Well said, Left!

The height IS the most critical of everything they have put out there. If they don't correct this mistake, they will never catch this creep and find Jennifer.

Well said, Left!

The height IS the most critical of everything they have put out there. If they don't correct this mistake, they will never catch this creep and find Jennifer.

Thanks SS

I agree, "if" the height is in fact off, LE will never solve this case. Unless of course, the POI left a print and gets nailed for a DUI, or other crime and it is solved by "accident".

left

if the security camera was just in color, this case would've been solved by now.

Color video would have definitely helped.

However, I'm just happy that HOTG had a security system (Mosiac didn't)

Without it, we wouldn't even be sure that JK was abducted. All we would know is that her car ended up parked sometime between 10pm on Monday and 8am on Thursday. So, I am very grateful to HOTG for at least having CCTV.

Now, at least we have a time the car was dropped, and a photo, bad as it may be, of the pOI.

I don't know about Florida, but in my state, CCTV at apartment complexes is rare.

Sometimes, I wonder if the CCTV has hindered the investigation, by inadvertedly misleading investigators.

Of course, we won't know until the pOI dirtbag is arrested.

Meanwhile, at least the Kesse's have some information, and know JK didn't abandon her family, or have a breakdown, or run off. She was abducted, and the abductor took great pains to hide his tracks.

Conclude what you want, but, all that trouble makes me wonder if the abductor is somehow connected to JK, and, or Mosaic.

left

Here, CCTV is more the standard now than the exception in apartment complexes and businesses. I believe it is due to the rise in crime, insurance requirements for protection against lawsuits, and because the mentality today is one of presumed safety verses privacy.

Without this feature, there would be no POI or suspect in this case at all. If they inaccurately interpreted what the camera showed them, it definitely put them on the wrong path to follow.

Color would have helped, but it could not account for their possible misjudgement of the height. Haircolor and clothing would have changed, but the fella would still be the same size.

Until I witnessed it here that they could possibly be wrong on their overall description of this man, I would have taken LE's and FBI's word for it. We need to objectively look at every case and not take these things for granted from now on. If we didn't have the CCTV images and video to view publically, this possible mistake would have gone on much longer...probably forever. (It took us less than 2 weeks to come to a legitimate conclusion instead of mere speculation on height possibly being wrong.) Had they released the video in a timely fashion instead of witholding it for over a year, this could have been resolved once and for all early on and maybe they would have been looking for another man entirely...the right one!

I don't want to think the outcome for Jennifer hinged on this fact being correct, but perhaps it did. We will never know.

Left, I think when Good Aim was talking about "more to the scent trail than we know" meant...maybe LE isn't telling us where the dog actually stopped. Good could be exactly right. They haven't been forthcoming with much pertinent info yet without the Kesses pleading to release it! Need I remind us...video tape=15 months!

Petra and RD~ I honestly didn't know people wore those types of clothing while riding a bike for any reason. Sorry! We all appreciate the input and perhaps you guys are right about him riding the bike. He could be a bike riding chef on a ship with ties to the spca and the cia for all we know! LOL

My point was...we will never be able to narrow down his occupation or get info in that direction to actually be able to help LE in the investigation. I hope they have had people tell them all this before and they have taken it under advisement at the very least. However, I don't think we can reach any conclusion beyond where we are on the subject, imo. Like Left said, we will have to agree to disagree on it.

This isn't a contest of who is right, but of getting information gathered to truly help the investigation move forward and find Jennifer. If I offended anyone, I am very sorry. Certainly don't mean to.

Who knows if they will listen to anything we come up with anyway?! All of the excellent, plausible ideas and theories here could be falling on deaf ears. It will not do Jennifer any good if no one listens. When we do ask people to review what we find, we need to be certain we know what we are talking about to be taken seriously.

I have to leave for the day, but was struggling with the reasons why her purse, cellphone, ipod and her package were missing. For what type reasons would the poi remove those things from the car, if those things made it as far as the car?

I have to leave for the day, but was struggling with the reasons why her purse, cellphone, ipod and her package were missing. For what type reasons would the poi remove those things from the car, if those things made it as far as the car?

BB

I don't know what these weirdo's are thinking.

But, maybe to make it look like a robbery, or for souvenoirs? or to make it appear that JK took off, versus running into foul play? Maybe the items had physical evidence on them?

I still want to know what Drew meant by saying that "valueables" were left behind? What is he talking about? Is he talking about the car?

Drew seems convinced the incident happened in Jk's car, so, he must be talking about the car. Right?

left

Where did you find she had a "package"? I heard 2 cellphones, ipod, wallet, and her purse then later...her briefcase were missing. No mention of any package. Did I miss something?

My assumption is all of those items were in the purse and the perp ended up with those inadvertantly then had to dispose of them (probably together) because they were connected directly to Jennifer.

I just don't know, left. A petty thief would have ripped the stereo system out of the car too.
I think they know alot more than they are telling.

Where did you find she had a "package"? I heard 2 cellphones, ipod, wallet, and her purse then later...her briefcase were missing. No mention of any package. Did I miss something?

My assumption is all of those items were in the purse and the perp ended up with those inadvertantly then had to dispose of them (probably together) because they were connected directly to Jennifer.

packaged cell phone to mail. got to leave, have a nice day,

BB

I don't know what these weirdo's are thinking.

But, maybe to make it look like a robbery, or for souvenoirs? or to make it appear that JK took off, versus running into foul play? Maybe the items had physical evidence on them?

I still want to know what Drew meant by saying that "valueables" were left behind? What is he talking about? Is he talking about the car?

Drew seems convinced the incident happened in Jk's car, so, he must be talking about the car. Right?

left

I still think he was talking about in her apartment, but it is curious since they didn't think anything took place there. I can't imagine what 'valuables' she would have in her car besides the stereo, a camera perhaps, or a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle