Why didn't Billie call Shawn before going to CCPD to report Hailey missing?

I'm pretty sure my first reaction would be to call and ask, "Are you *sure* it was MB's she said she was going to? Because she's not there, and didn't spend the night there."

It would be completely bizarre - I mean, completely, utterly, and totally bizarre - not to.

Unless, of course, you knew she hadn't spent the night there.

But... it's the same as calling D and saying, "Hey text MB and tell her to tell Hailey to come home."I mean, how did you know Hailey wasn't already home?

This case is like a whole forest of red flags. With big red arrows. Pointing to two and only two very specific people.

My opinion.

Didn't she say she talked to DD and found out HD wasn't home yet? Then she asked him to text MB? Am I mistaken? If so yes, that is wacky!

Didn't she say she talked to DD and found out HD wasn't home yet? Then she asked him to text MB? Am I mistaken? If so yes, that is wacky!

Nope. Every single time, the story starts with "I called D and told him to text MB and tell Hailey to come home."

It's the same as the story of Hailey always ends with "and she said she was going to her dad's and MB's", or "and she said she was going to her dad's and MB's and she left".

No, "and she waved and said "See ya later!", and walked out the front door", or "and she picked up her water bottle, took a drink, and I opened the door for her because she was still drinking it."

There's no description.

Of course, that makes sense if she never left voluntarily, of her own volition, healthy, happy, and alive. You just wouldn't think to add on that description, those details. Because all you're doing is telling a story - a fake story.

And that, IMO, is why the story has now just changed, after all this time, to "and she came into the bedroom".

There has to be an explanation of why, in all this time, they failed to add the details of the description of her leaving.

Oops.

Next, of course, they'll have to explain why suddenly, after all this time, Hailey's in the bedroom instead of the living.

LE must be going nuts with this pair.

So, her best friend has her own house and her parents have another house? OR was she trying to make it seem like they drove all over looking for Hailey?

Billie went to Hailey's BF's house (not MB) and then says she went to the same BF's grandmothers house (neither of which were home of course :banghead:) ..So..we are to believe that she went to different 2 houses, I *assume* looking for the best friend..but she DOES NOT go to the friend's (MB) house where Hailey was supposed to have spent the night? Why would she do that..it makes no sense..

At noon she, apparently, called DD on her cell, and asked if Hailey was home yet. He said no so she asked him to text MB to tell Hailey to come on home.
MB then called DD and said Hailey was not sleeping over and she had never seen or spoke to Hailey on the previous day.

So DD calls mom to tell her that.

That is one major reason that I would have called Shawn first to make sure he had the name right and see what else he may have remembered. My husband often gets the kids friends names wrong.

Also, if I were Billie I would have gone to MB's and also contacted her Mom.
Maybe the mom cancelled the sleepover last minute and Hailey made alternate plans. Maybe MB knew Hailey was lying about sleeping over because she wanted to go see a boyfriend or something else. I would want to speak face to face to get the facts from the source.

Billie did not go to MB or Shawn in the immediate crisis and that seems odd to say the least.

Then we have Shawns strange statement that is was common for Hailey to sleep out somewhere and 'just not call' home. WTH?

ALL Excellent points PM. I could swear that BD said in an earlier interview that a "friend" picked her up, but maybe I am mistaken. Also, was it CD's sister or SA's sister that allegedly picked her up? In any event, I sure would like to know what the SIL has to say about her ride with BD and whether BD appeared upset and what exactly was said.

LOL, I believe it was a 'friend' in an earlier version...Could be that the sister in law was a friend as well? Who knows?...I have no idea who's sister it was..I always figured it must be one of her brothers wives..but that's speculation on my part..Hmm..may make sense though if it was..since we know that one of her brothers were polygraphed...I would LOVE to hear what this SIL has to say about that day..

Remember early on when we heard that MB mom said that MB had spent the night over at HD and found out the girls had been out walking after dark, if I remember correctly? I'm thinking there was some kind of issue, other than just this one, between these two moms and probably SA. Been wondering if that's why MB name was chosen to say that's where HD was going to spend the night. Place her there so the blame will hopefully fall there as payback for something??

Billie went to Hailey's BF's house (not MB) and then says she went to the same BF's grandmothers house (neither of which were home of course :banghead:) ..So..we are to believe that she went to different 2 houses, I *assume* looking for the best friend..but she DOES NOT go to the friend's (MB) house where Hailey was supposed to have spent the night? Why would she do that..it makes no sense..

But she says it like this...which is odd.

We stopped by her best friend’s house, her grandma’s house, nobody was there, so stopped by the best friend’s parents’ house

Just another peice of the puzzle that has never added up. Logically you would go to the house where your daughter was supposed to have been.

At noon she, apparently, called DD on her cell, and asked if Hailey was home yet. He said no so she asked him to text MB to tell Hailey to come on home.
MB then called DD and said Hailey was not sleeping over and she had never seen or spoke to Hailey on the previous day.

So DD calls mom to tell her that.

That is one major reason that I would have called Shawn first to make sure he had the name right and see what else he may have remembered. My husband often gets the kids friends names wrong.

Also, if I were Billie I would have gone to MB's and also contacted her Mom.
Maybe the mom cancelled the sleepover last minute and Hailey made alternate plans. Maybe MB knew Hailey was lying about sleeping over because she wanted to go see a boyfriend or something else. I would want to speak face to face to get the facts from the source.

Billie did not go to MB or Shawn in the immediate crisis and that seems odd to say the least.

Then we have Shawns strange statement that is was common for Hailey to sleep out somewhere and 'just not call' home. WTH?

Yep..none of it makes any sense..If it was one or two *hinky happenings* it wouldn't be difficult to figure the stress of the situation could factor in..but when you take all the different stories and inconsistencies and put them all together..you can't help but question WHY so much has changed..

But she says it like this...which is odd.

We stopped by her best friend’s house, her grandma’s house, nobody was there, so stopped by the best friend’s parents’ house

Just another peice of the puzzle that has never added up. Logically you would go to the house where your daughter was supposed to have been.

Exactly!!! Not only did she NOT go there..she never even spoke to MB's mom! I don't even know if she talked to MB..did she text her or was it just DD that text or called her?

Remember early on when we heard that MB mom said that MB had spent the night over at HD and found out the girls had been out walking after dark, if I remember correctly? I'm thinking there was some kind of issue, other than just this one, between these two moms and probably SA. Been wondering if that's why MB name was chosen to say that's where HD was going to spend the night. Place her there so the blame will hopefully fall there as payback for something??

Yep..I remember that and since I do believe that at least Shawn made the whole thing up..I have also wondered if he picked this particular friend on purpose...Odd too, that Hailey had never spent the night with MB before..

Exactly!!! Not only did she NOT go there..she never even spoke to MB's mom! I don't even know if she talked to MB..did she text her or was it just DD that text or called her?

As far as I know, DD was the only one in contact with MB. MB's mom said she saw BD for the first time on NG. MB's mom made no mention to my knowledge of ever speaking with BD either. How can anyone think this is normal is well beyond me!

OT I know..but, We know at least according to Shawn that his mother wasn't home when he got there on Monday..what about grandma..Do we know? ..and Hailey's best friend wasn't home and her friends grandmother wasn't home...Is it also a coincidence that everywhere they happened to go..nobody was home?

Pondering, Shawn stopped by Gmas first, she wasn't there.
Said he got his mom's before 8:00 because she hadn't left for work yet.

As far as I know, DD was the only one in contact with MB. MB's mom said she saw BD for the first time on NG. MB's mom made no mention to my knowledge of ever speaking with BD either. How can anyone think this is normal is well beyond me!

According to BD's interview on NG on January 4:

GRACE: Now a woman in the community says she spotted Hailey that evening. This would have been Monday evening, with the little neighbor girl and the neighbor girl`s little boyfriend. What would he have been, 12, 13? Is that the little neighbor she was going to visit?

BILLIE: No. That was the girl she was going to visit.

GRACE: What did this woman see?

BILLIE: She saw Hailey, MB and a boy that she didn`t recognize.

GRACE: Now have you — have you spoken with MB? Did that in fact happen?

BILLIE: I hadn`t asked her about that. I`m letting the police handle MB. I do call her to ask her hey, what did Hailey say to you on Monday, did she call you Monday, did you guys text, did she say she was going somewhere else Monday, or with another friend Monday, and she tells me no.

GRACE: Did she say she even saw Hailey on Monday?

BILLIE: She hasn`t told me that she did. No.

GRACE: OK. So to your knowledge, Hailey never went to MB`s?

BILLIE: Right. That`s what she says.

According to BD, she had some sort of communication with MB (whether by phone call or text), but who knows when that was, since in the above quoted interview, BD didn't state when she talked to MB (if it's even true that she talked to MB). I tend to doubt most of what BD has said, since she has contradicted herself multiple times, even in the above interview.

In one breath, BD said:

I`m letting the police handle MB.

And in the very next breath she said:

I do call her to ask her hey, what did Hailey say to you on Monday, did she call you Monday, did you guys text, did she say she was going somewhere else Monday, or with another friend Monday, and she tells me no.

smiley-confused005.gif

See, I always thought that mom hadn't left for work either..until his last little 2 part presser..he says that he called his mom to tell her about quitting his job..(like I believe that! :floorlaugh:) and then when he got there she was gone...Let me double check on that again though..and I have never been clear as to which he went to first..mom or grandmom (or so he says anyway)..BRB..gonna check on the first part of my post to make sure I didn't misunderstand!...

According to BD's interview on NG on January 4:

GRACE: Now a woman in the community says she spotted Hailey that evening. This would have been Monday evening, with the little neighbor girl and the neighbor girl`s little boyfriend. What would he have been, 12, 13? Is that the little neighbor she was going to visit?

BILLIE: No. That was the girl she was going to visit.

GRACE: What did this woman see?

BILLIE: She saw Hailey, MB and a boy that she didn`t recognize.

BILLIE: I hadn`t asked her about that. I`m letting the police handle MB. I do call her to ask her hey, what did Hailey say to you on Monday, did she call you Monday, did you guys text, did she say she was going somewhere else Monday, or with another friend Monday, and she tells me no.

According to BD, she had some sort of communication with MB (whether by phone call or text), but who knows when that was, since in the above quoted interview, BD didn't state when she talked to MB (if it's even true that she talked to MB). I tend to doubt most of what BD has said, since she has contradicted herself multiple times, even in the above interview.

In one breath, BD said:

And in the very next breath she said:

smiley-confused005.gif

What does she mean "I do call her to ask her hey, what did Hailey say to you on Monday"? Does she call every day and asked that same thing ..or did she call once..if so what does "I do call her" mean? Would someone say that in Texas rather than saying ..'I did call her and ask.....? I'm dizzy again...

What does she mean "I do call her to ask her hey, what did Hailey say to you on Monday"? Does she call every day and asked that same thing ..or did she call once..if so what does "I do call her" mean? Would someone say that in Texas rather than saying ..'I did call her and ask.....? I'm dizzy again...

In the NG January 4 interview, BD used the present tense when discussing talking to MB. She didn't say when she talked to MB, but @ the same time, she said "I'm letting the police handle MB".

I think we need a BD dictionary. It seems that everything she says is confusing & it shouldn't be. Basic information (if factual) should be clear & easy to understand.

I'm dizzy, too.
smiley-confused009.gif

You are correct..I don't think I realized that 'this residence' was his grandmothers...as you said..Grandma wasn't home..Apparently according to Shawn he called his mom on the way to her house (although he almost makes it sound the opposite..that he went to moms and then called her afterward :phone:) to tell her about quitting his job (I can just see my grown son calling to tell me he quit a good job with nothing lined up..he would not want to hear from me what an idiotic thing that was to do..but that's just me :)) Then Shawn does go on to say that he spent the day at his moms on the computer, but at least here NEVER mentions whether Mom is home by the time he got there or not..hmm..

snipped~
Yes. That morning, I drove to work. I quit my job. I turned in my belongings, and I didn’t speak to nobody at work, and I left work. I stopped by this residence.

Nobody was here, so I continued going towards C. City, and I got on I-20, and I went to Big Springs, to my mother’s house, and I made calls on my cell phone to my mom, letting her know that I quit my job and everything, and I got to my mom’s house that day, and I got on the internet, looking up unemployment to see if I could get, you know, an unemployment check till I could get back on my feet and everything, and that was my day, and then I came home, around, I guess like 3 o’clock I got there, and Hailey was there watching T.V. in the living room, and I went into me and Billie’s bedroom, and she came in there and told me that she was going to her father’s house, and that she was staying the night with a friend, and then she left, and then I was there by myself for maybe an hour at the most, and then David and a friend came over, and they went to his room, and they were playing video games and so forth, and Billie called me and told me that, that her relief got there, and that she was gonna get to leave a little early, so I was up there at the hospital in Snyder around 6 o’clock to pick her up, and then we came back, and then we went to bed shortly after that.

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/hailey-dunn/hailey-dunn-shawn-adkins-interview-feb-7-transcription/

Funny too that he is rambling on about unemployment and 'getting back on his feet'..Obviously if he quit, he can't draw unemployment..but WTH does he mean about getting back on his feet? He hadn't even missed a paycheck at that time....:waitasec:..

In the NG January 4 interview, BD used the present tense when discussing talking to MB. She didn't say when she talked to MB, but @ the same time, she said "I'm letting the police handle MB".

I think we need a BD dictionary. It seems that everything she says is confusing & it shouldn't be. Basic information (if factual) should be clear & easy to understand.

I'm dizzy, too.
smiley-confused009.gif

sorrell, As much as we need a BD dictionary, I have a feeling it wouldn't make sense either. I'd like to get inside her head for the purpose of this case only..Thank G@d, we DON'T think like her..That would scare me to death if the things she has said and done made sense to me, lol!

respectfully snipped from sorrells post for space~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Funny how when it comes to asking obviously pertinent information whether it's from MB or Shawn..Billie's answer is always the same "I hadn't ask her/him that".. :bang:..Of course, we are trying to make sense of events and statements that have evolved over time..which IMO could likely mean that much of it didn't happen the way we've been told..so it's NOT going to make sense! :banghead:..

Just want to give a SHOUT OUT to BeanE whose site has been invaluable...and to ALL of THOSE who have done so much transcribing!. :yourock:...TY So Much!

SA had Billies car....she supposedly thought he was at work. In the same town where she worked. Yet, she didn't call him to pick her up and take her home. She didn't call him to tell him she was going home and why. AND, she pushed the panic button too fast to be believable. Didn't go to MB's house. Didn't talk to MB's mom.

I think Billie and SA did something to Hailey on Sun. night. Thought they had their story down pat.....seems they were wrong. Because too much of it defies logic! Makes NO sense! :maddening:

bbm~

Amster, I never realized that their workplaces were in the same city either! For some reason (ASSumption on my part) I was thinking it was different cities..OK, that's just the straw that breaks the camels back for me as far as this *Story*..Thinking that it was different towns was the single reason that I could even ponder it to begin with!

BS...:liar:...BS...:snooty:...BS...:doh:.....BS....:anguish:....BS...:shakehead:...BS..:steamed:...BS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back