TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Lord.....This case is the biggest mess I've ever seen.

FWIW, AMW is NOT always accurate...not sure if the story changed or they just got it wrong about the "cousin"...unless Holly's boyfriend was a distant cousin...

I want to know who changed the storyline.
In so many substantive ways.

Why would LE deny the cellphone only to have AMW spill the beans?
Who was telling the producers of this episode what the beans were
in this case?

The only thing I agree with is the "she may have been abducted".
This, I can agree with, because she may very well have not been also.

She is not even listed as "abducted" on the website but as merely "missing".
I think after a year there is serious doubt to the circumstances of this case.
In whole or in part.

A case could well be made she is an adult who left home who does not wish to be found, for whatever reason.

Unless and until there is more substantial evidence, I see no reason to pursue this case, personally.
If the principals in this case are not willing to be more forthcoming and consistent in their statements.

(Head hasn't stopped spinning since the "camo cousin" apparent revelation.)

(Head hasn't stopped spinning since the "camo cousin" apparent revelation.)

The cousin must be like an understudy.
In case the original mistaken person decides he no longer wants to be a part of the play.

If he really thought it was a cousin, why not name them?
Why not say, I thought it was my cousin, "LeRoy Jenkins" come over to show Holly the turkey?

Why was Drew Scott named several times, as "the bf who was mistaken", but a cousin, can be he who remains nameless?

ETA:

I realized I probably should rephrase that to the original mistaken person NEVER wanted to be a part of the play.
No one has ever seen him in person since this case began, except for 'locals'.
Not at the first vigil, not at the last.
His name was used in three separate contexts, as was his image. Then to add insult to injury, with Clint's name as a caption!
For the entire nearly three months the family chose to make no public statements about their, um, supposed/alleged abducted daughter, Drew Scott's photo was used as a proxy for Clint.

OK, I am ranted out about this case.
But, I still resent the cynical way that the public
has been treated regarding the shifting 'facts' of this case.

Time was, in the beginning, that the neighbor's son heard the scream.
Now it's the Mom only. I suppose DS is not the only person who decided
they'd rather not have a starring role in this play.

The cousin must be like an understudy.
In case the original mistaken person decides he no longer wants to be a part of the play.
In the theater of Shakespeare's time, an understudy was referred to as a "walking shadow." A shadow in camo is about all we've got in terms of what Clint either did see, thought he saw, or didn't see, at this point. A bit shady.

Maybe AMW have these tips jumbled a bit? I hope they find her and arrest someone soon. I can think of an uncle that lived real close and another guy who was visiting his mom Holly knew who lived across the road sort of from her, that weren't a part of the original crew mentioned. Not cryptic, some of it was mentioned downstairs, the other has been documented as to where people lived closely, just going from memory so please don't hold me to it just yet, I have to check my bookmarks.

IMO, AMW and the Holly Bobo story as we have seen it evolve was a perfect storm, in that I have seen AMW mistakes on other cases, sometimes it seemed almost as though they did it to make things even more dramatic, or could be honest errors...but in this case, anytime something is changed, added or altered we all go a little nuts. I honestly think the issues that came up tonight were more AMW's fault than Clint or anyone in family telling yet another new story or twist. JMOJMOJMO

(I am also doubtful about the tip JW is tweeting about, panning out...but would love to be wrong about that one.)

I didn't find anything on either really to lead up to Holly being gone. Legal wise that is, that would lead to Holly disappearing. Just location and rumors. Come on Darden!

I really, really hope this tip means something but it also could be just JW trying to be positive and promoting the results his show gets.

Here's a map approximating the locations of the lunch bag and cell phone shown on the AMW map last night. Remember, these are not exact addresses, just my trying to recreate the map from the show to give everybody an idea of the distances involved.

Map

Also, it doesn't look like there is a window into the garageport from the house. However, it does appear that there is an open walkthrough area where the garageport meets the house, next to the back door.

Another thing...the way Clint told his story, neighbor hears scream and comes over 15-20 minutes later, solidifies my opinion that the scream happened when the perp first accosted Holly.

Just so sad to Holly's family having to deal with all this.

This case seems to hold a mystery within a mystery (I don’t know if there is an actual term for this).

The primary mystery being – Holly is missing. Where is she? Who is responsible for Holly being gone?

The mystery within the primary mystery is the actual telling of events. Trying to decipher what is accurate. What is being misreported? Who is outright lying, if anyone? (It feels like to me that something is purposefully being left of out the narrative. I don't know by who or what, just a gut feeling.)

And sometimes it seems like this is a fictional story and we’re about to stumble upon some secret passage door underneath the Bobo property and all the answers about Holly gone missing will be on the other side of that door. Unfortunately for Holly and her family, the reality is Holly is gone and by the way things are being handled, she’s not coming back. Seriously, I hope I’m wrong on this.

jmo

As Churchill once said in a speech, "It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma."

I DVR'd AMW and just had time to watch it.

The comment about Clint thinking the man was Holly's cousin or boyfriend came from John Walsh as he voiced over the footage of Clint.

Clint said he didn't realize something was wrong until 15-20 minutes later when a neighbor drove up and asked what was going on because they had heard a scream 15-20 minutes prior. Clint says he then dialed 911 on his cell phone.

They found blood on the garage floor. Karen started calling everyone they knew to tell them they thought Holly had been abducted. Karen says they ran through the woods.

Everyday Karen does something to search for Holly, whether it's calling someone, passing out fliers, or praying.

Holly loves to ride horses and ATVs. Her family describes her as shy with strangers and uncomfortable driving in city traffic. She has a habit of chewing on her thumbnails.

Clint also showed he had to open a door to see into the garage area so he was not looking out a window at some structure across from the house as some people have surmised. The door would be at the nose end of the cars, and the back of the cars faces out to the back yard. This would be the "car port" area although they call it the garage. It's open air to some extent.

Clint also showed he had to open a door to see into the garage area so he was not looking out a window at some structure across from the house as some people have surmised. The door would be at the nose end of the cars, and the back of the cars faces out to the back yard. This would be the "car port" area although they call it the garage. It's open air to some extent.

Does that mean when Clint says he saw silhouettes he actually had the door opened to the carport? Could he have just said, “hey” and they would have heard him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam