TX TX - Donald Lapointe, 28, Houston, 24 Sept 2012

Maybe he'll think twice before attempting to steal next time.

Sounds like at least he called the police and stayed to take his medicine. He could have just driven away.

If I were him I would have just said I found a car with its trunk open and wanted to investigate. No way would police know he wanted to steal anything if he didn't tell them.

If I were him I would have just said I found a car with its trunk open and wanted to investigate. No way would police know he wanted to steal anything if he didn't tell them.

That was probably his intention. But when LE realized they were dealing with a murder they likely didn't go for that excuse. He would have to come clean in order to be eliminated as a suspect.
And with his prints on the car he would make it worse if he walked away before telling his side.

He probably said oh hell no I'm not going down for this.

It gets a little more bizarre - with his wife and kid??!

Houston police say the body of Donald Michael Lapointe, 28, had been shot in the chest, Click 2 Houston reports. Lapointe's face had been severely beaten, and a bag of pills was hidden in his underwear.

The car containing Lapointe's body was spotted around 4 a.m. by a passing motorist, whose name has not been released, according to KTRK. The motorist told officials he was driving down the freeway with his wife and baby when he saw the car in a ditch, and he decided to take a look to see if there was anything worth stealing inside.

The aspiring robber says he called police when he opened the car's trunk and, instead of valuables, found a dead body.

Investigators believe Lapointe's death was a murder, and may have been drug-related.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...nte-body-found-car-trunk-thief_n_1912830.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back