New website for Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the only people who know about CrimeStoppers being the official place to call are posting here, I don't think there is anything to worry about. The Official Site is a joke. It doesn't appear unless you know what to type, we do...so all is moot.

The site lets some people think the parents are actually doing something...and that's why it was created, imo.

I find all of this to be a moot point. These parents aren't looking for Lisa, they know what happened to her and where she is. All this discussion about the website is absolutely pointless. I believe it to be the work of the DT and the benefactor. Why even bother to have arguments concerning this? Lisa is gone, Lisa is dead, it is not even worth our time to explore our opinions about the website. MOO

I agree, which is why I brought up earlier in the thread that those that think the site is false, what's the point of commenting on it? Why do you care what's on the site if you think the site doesn't mean anything?

I agree, which is why I brought up earlier in the thread that those that think the site is false, what's the point of commenting on it? Why do you care what's on the site if you think the site doesn't mean anything?

I think a lot of things are false and don't mean anything, but no reason not to discuss it in any case. This is a discussion forum, and it's a topic within the forum. Why would we not want to comment on our opinions? Don't you comment on things that are up for discussion?

BBM

Trust me, I don't. I actually don't post about it, except to say, it is completely not worthy of anything! It is a complete spin by the DT, and in my opinion not even worthly of replies.

With the varying thoughts regarding websites, and specifically BL, I thought I would look at a few websites of cases that I do follow for comparison. Some do not have websites like Holly Bobo, I may of missed it though. I do see alot of facebook sites.

http://helpfindsamanthakoenig.com/

http://www.bringamberhome.com/index.html

http://aylareynolds.com/

http://zahra.baker.gonetoosoon.org/

http://www.mauramurraymissing.com/

http://www.hopeforhailey.org/links.html

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/how-you-can-help/

With the varying thoughts regarding websites, and specifically BL, I thought I would look at a few websites of cases that I do follow for comparison. Some do not have websites like Holly Bobo, I may of missed it though. I do see alot of facebook sites.

like night and day !!

THANK YOU for illuminating so clearly and unmistakeably what some of us have been saying !!

Actually, I think if we all look at these websites they are all unique in there own way. Some have music, some don't, some are updated more often than others, and the list continues.

The reasons could be varied such as understanding webpage design, what the purpose of the message is, or simply the fact that a webpage is constantly evolving.

In this case the webpage is under construction.

like night and day !!

THANK YOU for illuminating so clearly and unmistakeably what some of us have been saying !!

I think a lot of things are false and don't mean anything, but no reason not to discuss it in any case. This is a discussion forum, and it's a topic within the forum. Why would we not want to comment on our opinions? Don't you comment on things that are up for discussion?

I don't mean about comments about the website, but about details pertaining to the website. If I thought a website was just a front or tactic and not really true to it's intentions, then I don't think I would concern myself with details about where the crimestoppers number is, whether LE number should be on there, whether the site shows up on google, etc.

Most who are criticizing I will assume are pretty firm in their belief in what the site represents. I would think even if certain changes were made that it will not change that belief. If I was very firm in believing the parents were guilty, I don't think I'd care if the site showed up on google page one or page 100, the result to me is still the same.

I think that was 4jacy's point and I happen to agree with it.

I don't mean about comments about the website, but about details pertaining to the website. If I thought a website was just a front or tactic and not really true to it's intentions, then I don't think I would concern myself with details about where the crimestoppers number is, whether LE number should be on there, whether the site shows up on google, etc.

Most who are criticizing I will assume are pretty firm in their belief in what the site represents. I would think even if certain changes were made that it will not change that belief. If I was very firm in believing the parents were guilty, I don't think I'd care if the site showed up on google page one or page 100, the result to me is still the same.

I think that was 4jacy's point and I happen to agree with it.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion...as is 4Jacy...and as am I. :wave:

Actually, I think if we all look at these websites they are all unique in there own way. Some have music, some don't, some are updated more often than others, and the list continues.

The reasons could be varied such as understanding webpage design, what the purpose of the message is, or simply the fact that a webpage is constantly evolving.

In this case the webpage is under construction.

Yes, the webpage does state clearly that it is under construction. And the rate of speed, or in this case, lack thereof, creates an image of the degree of urgency, passion, and hope the creator of the page has for finding Lisa Irwin. If the page was truly created as a tool for retrieving her, as opposed to being, say, a memorial page or a defense-image page, then i believe finishing the page in at least a fairly timely manner would be a focus.

We're not seeing much 'construction' going on. Just my observation.

Yes, the webpage does state clearly that it is under construction. And the rate of speed, or in this case, lack thereof, creates an image of the degree of urgency, passion, and hope the creator of the page has for finding Lisa Irwin. If the page was truly created as a tool for retrieving her, as opposed to being, say, a memorial page or a defense-image page, then i believe finishing the page in at least a fairly timely manner would be a focus.

We're not seeing much 'construction' going on. Just my observation.

My point truly was very simple. There is a website for BL. From having created many websites I will often look at others which are similar for ideas. In BL case if it was me that was designing it I would be looking at ways to generate traffic to the site. Some examples for doing that might be:

From Ayla's site I love the fact of the lit candle. Maybe incorporating a light the candle for BL would be a good idea to generate traffic.

In the Zahra Baker case I recall adopting a star.

The KH website is interesting when I see that they have pdf files in English, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, German, Portugese, Chinese, Russian, Korean, and Thai to name a few.

I am just looking at it from a different perspective.

I just went to look at the site, and it has been deactivated. I don't know anything about websites. Does this mean it is most likely gone for good? Or would it be "down" for extensive updating? Anyone know?

I just went to look at the site, and it has been deactivated. I don't know anything about websites. Does this mean it is most likely gone for good? Or would it be "down" for extensive updating? Anyone know?

Could be either. Could be they took the site down or they are updating it and the amount of updates warrants the site being taken offline. I'd say if the site is not up by this time next week it's probably down for good.

Says that it is closed for maintenance.
So I'm thinking it is closed for updating.

Says that it is closed for maintenance.
So I'm thinking it is closed for updating.

There's no reason to close such a simple website for updating. Just my opinion only, but it may be the owners were getting flack from a small faction of people who terrorize anyone who is pro-parents. The timing coordinates with a recent protest.

I wonder if the 6-month anniversary (and any media coverage) has anything to do with the site going offline?

I wonder if the 6-month anniversary (and any media coverage) has anything to do with the site going offline?

It does seem strange to me. Usually a site that is not large requires you to only update the files not state that Find Lisa Irwin is no longer available.

As was stated earlier in this thread, I don't believe that this site had ANYTHING to do with anything other than trying to make it look as if parents who do nothing to find their missing baby look like they are doing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff