Trial - Ross Harris #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
They showed an immediate dislike for Ross once they went for the No Bail request. Jmo

Now most rapists/murder suspects still get a bail option.

But not Ross.

If anything they should have given him an affordable bail and simply monitored him to see how quickly he started sexting again and hooking up with lovers.

Because 1 sext text at the funeral would have put the nail in his coffin similar to how Scott Peterson was through once it was found out that he was courting Amber during Lacies vigil. Jmo.

​You're absolutely right. I wonder why they didn't do that? Like you said, that would be stick a fork in him, he's done.

I think this whole thing will come down to Dr Diamond and his ability/inability to convince the jury that Ross could have innocently forgotten his child in that short timeframe, in such cramped conditions.

I know that Dr D has a lot of successful past trials. BUt I read many of his past cases. And I think that every one of the defendants in those cases where pretty sympathetic characters. I did not see any of them that had the baggage that Ross carried with him in this trial. And I haven't seen any cases in which the driving time, from starting out to 'forgetting' ---was such a short time span.

I think that the fact that he was texting about needing an escape from family responsibilities, right when he began his drive to daycare, then promptly forgot, is going to be a hurdle that he has never had to overcome in previous trials. I don't believe any of his previous defendants were actively sexting/seeing prostitutes/messing with minors, at the time in question.

I will be curious to see how or if he is able to fashion the theory to fit this specific narrative.[/QUOTE]

This is really going to be a hurdle for him. I absolutely believe FBS happens. I pretty much think it didn't happen here. I've been going back and forth between two theories, either the amount of sexting and immersion therein caused him to forget Cooper (and IMO that's different from FBS) or he left him in the car and planned to come back later for him and got busy and forgot (also not FBS IMO).

I have wondered about that theory too----that he planned to leave him for a few minutes while he showed his face at work. Then he'd zip him over to DC and return. The backing into the shady spot makes some sense there.

I have wondered about that theory too----that he planned to leave him for a few minutes while he showed his face at work. Then he'd zip him over to DC and return. The backing into the shady spot makes some sense there.

That would have been a great defense if he was actually working that day.

But now he would have to admit that he was showing his face at work first; But then he got blinded with the immediate sexting.

Just out of curiosity, have there been any other hot car deaths where the parent who left the child in the vehicle had just taken the child out for a special date (aka Daddy and Me time)? Why am I having such a hard believing that Ross decided to specifically carve time out of his morning to spend with Cooper but then promptly forgot him? I believe that FBS can happen to good, caring parents, and I have nothing but sympathy for them. However, I just cannot believe that Ross "forgot" Cooper when he supposedly wanted to spend extra time with Cooper.

Yeah, quite a few of them. For example. Judge Wade Naramore stopped at McDonald's for breakfast with his son, which was out of the ordinary, then went to work and left him in the car. He drove around doing errands with the dead child in the car, including picking up the child's swimming kit so he could take him swimming later, and then set off to daycare to pick the child up. Then he noticed the child was already in the car with him, dead.

Yeah, quite a few of them. For example. Judge Wade Naramore stopped at McDonald's for breakfast with his son, which was out of the ordinary, then went to work and left him in the car. He drove around doing errands with the dead child in the car, including picking up the child's swimming kit so he could take him swimming later, and then set off to daycare to pick the child up. Then he noticed the child was already in the car with him, dead.

http://katv.com/news/local/expert-witness-family-of-naramore-testify-in-hot-car-death-trial
Naramore is charged with negligent homicide in the death of his son, Thomas, who was found dead after being left in a hot car back in July 2015.

The defense began Thursday by called their expert witness, David Diamond, Ph.D, neuroscientist and professor at the University of South Florida. Diamond is an expert in memory loss.

The defense touched on how Dr. Diamond worked and how he would be used in these types of cases. He is initially paid $5,000 to look into the case and investigate. Then, after he investigates, he is paid another $5,000. But Diamond said he will only testify in cases he determines to be accidents.

During his testimony, Diamond spoke about a theory he calls, "how we lose awareness of children in cars", a.k.a "Forgotten Baby Syndrome".

Diamond said there were several factors that relate to the Naramore case. One of the main factors he pointed to was a change in routine. He said there were a number of changes to the Naramore's routine that day.

Wade Naramore's wife normally got Thomas ready, but Wade said he got Thomas ready that morning. Diamond also spoke on the stop at McDonald's for breakfast, because he normally had a breakfast bar and a banana.

Diamond also spoke about possible sleep deprivation, along with stress or distractions.

The prosecution questioned Diamond's expertise in the case, and pointed out that most of his testimony is based off Naramore's description of that day.

Diamond's testimony took most of the day Thursday, with him being excused at 3 p.m.

Couple of thoughts.

If it was pre-planned, why would RH have said Cooper said "school" when he wanted everyone to think Cooper was sleepy?

I wonder he was sexting before he started taking testosterone. Not that it's an excuse, but can using it cause a crazy high sex drive?

yes ofcourse it causes crazy high sex drive that is why doctors use it. If he was prescribed this I didnt know it. That could answer to some of his sex fiend actions. If he was like this before treatment then all I would think is it made it worse. But yes it is testosterone that makes us want sex. I in fact have none, absolutely zero LOL therefore I have no desire whatsoever. It's even hard for me to think back when I did have an interest. I know I did at one time.

If this is the case I wonder why the defense didnt explore this more with a phychologist or shrink to help explain what was going on in Ross' mind and crotch ? LOL

Respectfully, I am not worried. Just pointing out. JMHO, There are dependencies in testimony. Also the State and Defense both disagree on this issue. So there's that. And as a matter of record, there has not been an amended Autopsy Report or Death Certificate. Manner of Death is UNDETERMINED and yet is on trial for different Murder charges. It shows typed up date of 6/20/2014. Signed 9/29/2014 and Death Certificate filed- Last day as of work as Dr. Frist retired

Especially since they did the Hot Car test.

9:26 a.m. Brani says around 3:30 p.m., the temperature reached 125 degrees.

Harris Trial: Heat expert says temps peaked at 125F in Harris' SUV, but prosecutors elude Cooper could have been alive at lunch. @wsbtv pic.twitter.com/XNyYT5DLKp — Ross Cavitt | WSB-TV (@RossCavittWSB) October 19, 2016

9:19 a.m. Brani says the temperatures inside and outside the car matched up around 11:35 a.m. at 88 degrees. At around 12:45, about the time Harris returned to his car after lunch, Brani says the temperature at the car seat was 98 degrees. He says the temperature in the car rose above 100 degrees shortly before 1 p.m.
-----
9:18 a.m. Brani says when testing began, the temperature inside the car was 65 degrees and outside was 80 degrees because the air conditioning had been running 30 minutes
-----
9:10 a.m. Brani says on June 18, 2014, the day of Cooper's death, the temperature was 91 degrees. On July 8, the day they did the heat study, it was 92 degrees. http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/458662093

I live in KY, not Georgia, but I have a really hard time believing the car was that cool in the middle of June. That's just me, and to be honest I prefer the winter to summer so I know I'm biased. Anybody that lives in Georgia believe the inside of the car could be that cool? Peach?:desert:<<<this is how I feel about summer

Yes. You're right. I know it is not a crime on it's own and it cannot be the underlying base for felony murder. I was typing fast and tired!! It would be child cruelty but that would imply that he intentionally left the child in the car or left him there without a care as to whether he died or not, which wouldn't make much sense. And I know involuntary manslaughter is not a predicate offense for felony murder. I wasn't trying to say that. Involuntary manslaughter is, per my research, a lesser included for murder and felony murder. (Or can be for the latter).

I was just rereading this and wondered, if he left Cooper there, planning to come back for him after he'd shown his face at work for a little bit, but got busy and forgot to go back in time, would that qualify as "not caring if he lived or died"? I realize it's something of a stretch but any parent ought to know that's not safe (for many reasons). I know some idiot is always doing it, the "oh I was only getting one thing" idiots.
:maddening:

But now he would have to admit that he was showing his face at work first; But then he got blinded with the immediate sexting.

That's what I thought too. Well, no way he can tell them what REALLY happened. It just kinda sounds like Ross, doesn't it? He's pretty much "half *advertiser censored**ing" his job at this point so he just figures "waltz in, hang out for a little so they see I'm here, then waltz out." He's probably done it before. This is all my theory, but to me it sounds llke the Ross we have come to know and despise. :moo::twocents:

I was just rereading this and wondered, if he left Cooper there, planning to come back for him after he'd shown his face at work for a little bit, but got busy and forgot to go back in time, would that qualify as "not caring if he lived or died"? I realize it's something of a stretch but any parent ought to know that's not safe (for many reasons). I know some idiot is always doing it, the "oh I was only getting one thing" idiots.
:maddening:

Naa, he either really did just forget like the Judge guy in Arkansas which was posted up thread ( the guy got a not guilty btw) or the more sinister possibility which he did this to rid himself of being a father and could then continue with his new playboy life.

[/B]That's what I thought too. Well, no way he can tell them what REALLY happened. It just kinda sounds like Ross, doesn't it? He's pretty much "half *advertiser censored**ing" his job at this point so he just figures "waltz in, hang out for a little so they see I'm here, then waltz out." He's probably done it before. This is all my theory, but to me it sounds llke the Ross we have come to know and despise. :moo::twocents:

I think it's at least as likely that he did this as it is that he murdered Cooper intentionally. And I couldn't find him guilty of malice murder if there's another scenario that's just as likely...

the one and only time I laughed hard at this case was when it came out that Ross had held a bottle rocket in his hand and it went off and landed in his ear. Only a " big Dumb Clod" like Ross would do something like that LOL If I knew him I would be SMH and giving him He** over that very stupid move

this is kind of morbid but I wish the cops had put the baby back in the car seat and taken good pics and video so we could see how visable the child was while in the car. That doll they used and the 3- D graphics just didnt give me enough evidence to say one way or the other how visable Cooper was in the car.

Anyone else have an opinion on this ?

Almost all the people on the stand yesterday commented on how smart JH was. Something about that just sits uneasy with me.

I was really surprise when, to me, JH cried very hard with his brother on the stand. After all these years that still seems to shake him the most. moo

I think, LT, her mom, JH family have lived in a bubble these past few years. You can believe anything you want especially if you only hear one side, from a very smart man who lived a second life. Do you guys think they knew almost all the details in the case?

BBM

I agree with you that it will be an uphill climb to convince the jury that he was particularly stressed that day. His coworkers said he seemed 'normal' at work and at lunchtime.

But today, when speaking to Ross's team leader, the DT seemed to be trying to create that illusion. They spoke a few times about the 'ultimatum' he was given on the previous day---to finish his work by the end of the day. And then the night before the tragic death, Ross emailed his team leader at midnight, which was unusual at that late hour. And he said he was stuck and couldn't figure out how to do the task. So I think the DT wanted to bring that out, to highlight it as a stressful situation which would be on his mind that morning.

But it will be interesting to see if the jury will accept that he was stressed. He did not seem concerned with working to smooth things over with his co-workers. Stopped for breakfast, came in late and missed the 9 am phone check in. Went out for lunch and left early for the movies. Did not seem all that stressed imo. Seems more like he was just trying to stay under the radar and hang in there.

Took extra time to saunter into HD store and buy those very important light bulbs AND take the time to put them into the car and walk all the way back into the building....didn't see him doing what my kids school calls "scissor feet". Trying to hustle back into work...

They showed an immediate dislike for Ross once they went for the No Bail request. Jmo

Now most rapists/murder suspects still get a bail option.

But not Ross.

If anything they should have given him an affordable bail and simply monitored him to see how quickly he started sexting again and hooking up with lovers.

Because 1 sext text at the funeral would have put the nail in his coffin similar to how Scott Peterson was through once it was found out that he was courting Amber during Lacies vigil. Jmo.

But their reasoning was his ability to create other personalities/personas which made him a flight risk.

http://katv.com/news/local/expert-witness-family-of-naramore-testify-in-hot-car-death-trial
Naramore is charged with negligent homicide in the death of his son, Thomas, who was found dead after being left in a hot car back in July 2015.

The defense began Thursday by called their expert witness, David Diamond, Ph.D, neuroscientist and professor at the University of South Florida. Diamond is an expert in memory loss.

The defense touched on how Dr. Diamond worked and how he would be used in these types of cases. He is initially paid $5,000 to look into the case and investigate. Then, after he investigates, he is paid another $5,000. But Diamond said he will only testify in cases he determines to be accidents.

During his testimony, Diamond spoke about a theory he calls, "how we lose awareness of children in cars", a.k.a "Forgotten Baby Syndrome".

Diamond said there were several factors that relate to the Naramore case. One of the main factors he pointed to was a change in routine. He said there were a number of changes to the Naramore's routine that day.

Wade Naramore's wife normally got Thomas ready, but Wade said he got Thomas ready that morning. Diamond also spoke on the stop at McDonald's for breakfast, because he normally had a breakfast bar and a banana.

Diamond also spoke about possible sleep deprivation, along with stress or distractions.

The prosecution questioned Diamond's expertise in the case, and pointed out that most of his testimony is based off Naramore's description of that day.

Diamond's testimony took most of the day Thursday, with him being excused at 3 p.m.
And in this case, family took the stand, Defendant himself took stand and he was acquitted Aug 2016.

Question is has he ever done that before? (Btw this never entered my mind...it falls into The Who the F would do that??!!! Category to me and extremely negligent!!)

But their reasoning was his ability to create other personalities/personas which made him a flight risk.

I laughed out loud when I read that part. Alternate personas?! He was fairly honest, apparently, with telling women he was married with a kid. Cheating on your wife makes you a flight risk? I don't know about that.

Thanks for posting those tweets from the probable cause hearing, Mimi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong