FL - Dad Shocked: Wife Fleeing Arrest Disappears With 16yo Lover & Kids (8 & 10)

noZme

Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=108353
http://www.weartv.com/

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/fl/topstory/topstory1.shtml

Pensacola FL

Angela Marie Leavitt of Milton resigned as manager of fast food restuarant & left with her teenaged boyfriend and children. The teen was also her employee.

Deputies have determined that Leavitt engaged in sexual activity with the 16-year-old on three separate occasions... At least once at her Milton home.

Investigators say Leavitt knows authorities are looking for her and they believe she ran away with her own young children... Ages eight and ten... to avoid arrest (as sex predator).

My heart goes out to her husband and the 16 year old's family. I hope they are found soon.

What do you imagine she is telling her children? They are old enough to know a lot of things are going on.

I hope they are all found soon and the two children are safe.

MILTON - Angela Leavitt was part of a "very normal family" for most of a 10-year marriage, her husband said Friday.

Today, lawmen say the 28-year-old woman is on the run, along with the couple's two children and her own 16-year-old lover - launching a manhunt in and beyond Santa Rosa County.

Greg Leavitt stood at the Sheriff‘s Office just after 4 p.m. Friday, pleading for the public's help in finding his children and then asking Angela to act rationally.

More at link
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/year_8450___article.html/leavitt_old.html

What do you imagine she is telling her children? They are old enough to know a lot of things are going on.

I hope they are all found soon and the two children are safe.

My thoughts exactly. I would venture to guess they are confused at the very least.

I hope everyone is found soon and returned to where they belong.

Why didn't she just go without the kids? If the kids were with relatives on Tues, it sounds like they would have been fine if she had just left them where they were. Why involve them and make them go chasing off around the countryside? Her own selfish reasons, I suppose.........

Salem

Have there been pictures of the children (including the teen boy) posted as missing? That might help find them.

There are pictures of mom, dad, and kids in the article, but none of the teen and none "as missing" that I saw.

Salem

I can't imagine they are having a lot of 'fun' with the little kids along. I hope they are treating them well, but I doubt they are. They can't be gone long because nobody can afford to be on the road w/3 kids in this day and age!

In the fast food places, work place romance happens all the time.
Married managers hooking up with the teenage waitresses.....happens all the time.

I think that this entire situation is ridiculous. First, why is LE prosecuting this case? The boy is 16 years old and a willing participant. That being said, I just do not understand why a woman would throw away her entire life on a kid. She certainly is not thinking rationally. Then, to take the children and run. Geez...What a fruitcake. If she had left the children with their Dad and just left with her boyfriend, this probably wouldn't even be on the news.

This is probably a case of this woman getting married to her first boyfriend. She is unhappy and meets a kid at work who she likes. It makes her feel young again. However, she has a screw loose to think that they can make a life together. This 16 year old is probably still in high school. How will they support themselves?? I guess that she didn't think that far...Yet, she wants to have a child with him...Geez... :rolleyes:

BTW, I believe that the children will not be harmed. Hope that I am right.

i really have to jump in & editorialize.

as in past reports of female teachers & teen students, etc, & reading thru the comments accompanying these articles...... young boys as victims of women are often not regarded as a serious or dangerous crime. i find it sad that some are basically giving a "high five" to the boy.

updates:
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/year_8450___article.html/leavitt_old.html
from NORTWEST FLORIDA DAILY NEWS ONLINE

"Angela Leavitt's husband: Bring our children home
Greg Leavitt pleads after wife left with alleged 16-year-old lover

June 6, 2008 - 8:03PM
Andrew Gant

MILTON - Angela Leavitt was part of a "very normal family" for most of a 10-year marriage, her husband said Friday.

Today, lawmen say the 28-year-old woman is on the run, along with the couple's two children and her own 16-year-old lover - launching a manhunt in and beyond Santa Rosa County.

Greg Leavitt stood at the Sheriff‘s Office just after 4 p.m. Friday, pleading for the public's help in finding his children and then asking Angela to act rationally.

"I believe the whole situation is a dangerous situation," Greg said in a room full of cameras, asking anyone with information on the case to call authorities.

"Please bring the children home," he said, in case Angela might hear him later. "Then deal with whatever it is you need to deal with."

The children, 9-year-old Damien and 8-year-old Haley, have been missing since Tuesday night, when Greg said Angela took them away in her dark gray Dodge Durango without explanation. He had them at a family member's home that night when she picked them up.

On Wednesday, Greg said he called the children's school and learned they were absent.

Now lawmen say both Angela and the 16-year-old boy quit their jobs at Whataburger on Tuesday and left town.

They left because they knew an arrest was looming, lawmen say.
Investigators allege the pair has had sex at least three times, that Angela text-messaged the boy about having a baby together and that their relationship may have been sexual for months.

Lawmen were about to arrest Leavitt when they discovered she had fled her home. She knew an arrest warrant was issued, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The boy hasn't been named. He isn't considered a kidnapping victim, said Sheriff's Sgt. Scott Haines.

Authorities have not issued an Amber alert for him or the Leavitt children.

They said the 16-year-old's parents have been very cooperative in the investigation.

Greg Leavitt said his children were probably confused and nervous, describing Damien as a shy, quiet boy in contrast to his "rowdy" sister Haley.

Damien will turn 10 on June 16, he said.

He also told reporters he "knew something" about the 16-year-old and his wife before their departure, but never met him and had no indication that Angela was about to leave town.

Angela has family and friends in various locations around the country, he added. Haines said investigators do have some specific locations in mind, but didn't name them.

She faces second-degree felony charges of unlawful sexual activity with a minor. Her husband deflected personal questions about the marriage and said he is worried only about Damien and Haley.

"She'll have to deal with whatever happens to her legally," he said of Angela's charges. "That was her decision to make."
KNOW SOMETHING?

Angela Leavitt is believed to be driving a dark pewter gray 2005 Dodge Durango with Florida tag J77-6VI.

If you have information about Leavitt or her children's whereabouts, call the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office at 983-1242 or Crime Stoppers at 437-STOP. Information leading to an arrest may be worth up to $1,000."

Well...if Dad "knew something" about the alleged affair...he should have DONE something before she had the chance to go on the lam with his children. While the children probably are not in any immediate danger of physical harm, I am sure they are confused and upset with being dragged across the country with mommy sucking face on a boy so near their ages.

In the fast food places, work place romance happens all the time.
Married managers hooking up with the teenage waitresses.....happens all the time.

Sure does, my ex did it more than once. One time in the front seat of MY car!

i really have to jump in & editorialize.

as in past reports of female teachers & teen students, etc, & reading thru the comments accompanying these articles...... young boys as victims of women are often not regarded as a serious or dangerous crime. i find it sad that some are basically giving a "high five" to the boy.

$1,000."

You're absolute right. There is a double standard. I too am guilty of it. Back when I was in high school 20 years ago it was a common occurrence. Perhaps that's why I am desensitized. I witnessed promiscuous senior girls go out of their way to add a teacher like a notch on their belt. It usually worked too. I knew of boys as well that were more than willing participants. This isn't criminal IMO Bad judgment and a lack of character immoral sure. Even grounds for a teacher to be fired.

IMO It is not the same as a teacher seducing a 12 year old boy or girl. That is a crime.

It happened a lot when I was in school, too. There wasn't a huge attempt to hide affairs with certain students either. It was pretty much common knowledge, but the teachers were not married and barely out of college. I know of two who ended up married (still are after 30 plus years). We even had a lesbian teacher who had two long term affairs with students and their parents knew about it.

follow-up: Leavitt denied bond, husband files for divorce

NorthWestFloridaDailyNews.com
"Robbyn Brooks

MILTON - A judge denied Angela Leavitt bond at a court appearance Wednesday morning.
The 28-year-old woman accused of having a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old boy will continue being held at the Santa Rosa County Jail.
Police arrested Angela Leavitt Tuesday afternoon at an airport baggage claim in the Pensacola Regional Airport after receiving a Crime Stoppers tip. She was charged with unlawful sexual activity with a minor. Leavitt had been on a flight from Atlanta and told police she was about to turn herself in at the county jail. Her attorney was with her.
Investigators had been looking for Leavitt since June 3 when she and the teenage boy quit their jobs at Whataburger and left town. Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Sgt. Scott Haines has said Leavitt knew she was to be arrested for having sex with a minor and fled the area to avoid trouble.
Leavitt also took her two children, 8-year-old Haley and 9-year-old Damien, with her on her attempt to elude officers. Her husband, Greg Leavitt, said he didn't expect Angela to take the children and leave with her teenage lover, although he admitted he knew about her relationship with the boy.
Greg Leavitt has asked not to be contacted by media, but he did issue a statement saying he was "extremely happy and overwhelmed" that his children were returned to him safely. Greg Leavitt filed for divorce June 6, the same day he made a public plea for Angela to bring the children home.
Leavitt's 16-year-old lover was recovered Monday in Pensacola after he called investigators. He was interviewed before he was returned to his parents and said he'd taken a Greyhound bus back from Texas.
The warrant issued for Leavitt's arrest stemmed partially from several sexual-related text messages. The messages mentioned Leavitt wanted to have the teen's child.
Deputies reported also finding Leavitt and the teen together in her vehicle twice, and his parents had filed a restraining order stating the two were having a sexual relationship for months."

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/leavitt_8571___article.html/year_old.html

Deputies reported also finding Leavitt and the teen together in her vehicle twice, and his parents had filed a restraining order stating the two were having a sexual relationship for months."

Evidently LE didn't take it too seriously until the parents went to court on it.

I think that this entire situation is ridiculous. First, why is LE prosecuting this case? The boy is 16 years old and a willing participant. That being said, I just do not understand why a woman would throw away her entire life on a kid. She certainly is not thinking rationally. Then, to take the children and run. Geez...What a fruitcake. If she had left the children with their Dad and just left with her boyfriend, this probably wouldn't even be on the news.

This is probably a case of this woman getting married to her first boyfriend. She is unhappy and meets a kid at work who she likes. It makes her feel young again. However, she has a screw loose to think that they can make a life together. This 16 year old is probably still in high school. How will they support themselves?? I guess that she didn't think that far...Yet, she wants to have a child with him...Geez... :rolleyes:

BTW, I believe that the children will not be harmed. Hope that I am right.

I think you answered your own question. He is a underage child. that makes this illegal even if he is willing to go along with it. Just because a child or underage person says OK to the ABUSE does not make it right JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back