Drew Peterson's Trial *SECOND WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session Judge Burmila has left the bench. Brodsky has alleged that there was a letter written by the Will County State’s Attorney’s office to Deel’s supervisors complaining of his work in this case. Court is in recess until this letter can be produced, so the judge can personally see it.

Thank you, ~n/t~. Who said the following? "the position of the body was consistent with where it should be and how it would have been from the time of death." Was that said by Brodsky or the witness?

I hope the pros go back to this statement. Because I don't think this witness can state, scientifically - say due to physics - that the body was found in the position it was at the time of death. Or that the body was consistent with where it should be based on the time and cause of death.

Great Catch!

In Session “But Ms. Savio had only one injury to the head?” “Yes.” “In this case, there was no blood spatter that you found?” “No.” “And you looked for it?” “Yes.” “If that cut, that injury on her head had occurred elsewhere in the house, and she’d been moved to the tub, what would you have expected to find?” Objection/Sustained. “A head wound bleed pretty profusely?” “Yes.” “See any sign of a blood trail in this case?” “No.” “Is that something that could be easily hidden?” “Absolutely not.” “And you looked for it?” “I did... but it was contained to the bathroom. Once there was nothing there, there was no reason to continue.” “That led you to the conclusion that Kathy died in the bathroom, and in the bathtub, correct?” “Yes.”

Respectfully snipped. Contained to the bathroom, that tells me he didn't look for blood or evidence of blood clean up elsewhere. Back to the spot shot. That's the elephant in the room, additionally, how could this witness conclusively say without a doubt there was no blood that wasn't potentially cleaned up without using luminol or something like it?

I see lot's of questions still needing to be resolved here.

Respectfully snipped. Contained to the bathroom, that tells me he didn't look for blood or evidence of blood clean up elsewhere. Back to the spot shot. That's the elephant in the room, additionally, how could this witness conclusively say without a doubt there was no blood that wasn't potentially cleaned up without using luminol or something like it?

I see lot's of questions still needing to be resolved here.

Indeed! Also Deel's opinion that Kathleen had bruises common to daily life (paraphrasing). Really? How does one determine at a crime scene that...meh, these are just normal bruises?

I got about 1/3rd through it and I can't.... I just can not stand Nancy Grace, I can't even stand to read her.

For those who saw the show or could stomach reading the entire transcript, was there anything new not previously reported? I got as far as the two talking over each other over the laceration/abrasion debate and couldn't read any further.

BBM:

:seeya: I saw the first segment of Nancy's Show last night when Brodsky was on :

JMO ... but she could have been HARDER on him ... she was way too easy on him IMO ! :banghead:

Yes, she was "sarcastic" but IMO, she should have "chewed him out" like she chews everyone else out !

So I quit watching ... Of course, all JMO ...

:moo:

2m Justice Café‏@facsmiley

#drewpeterson trial on hold while defense looks for complaint letter allegedly written to Deel's superiors by State's Atty office.

:waiting:

2m Justice Café‏@facsmiley

#drewpeterson trial on hold while defense looks for complaint letter allegedly written to Deel's superiors by State's Atty office.

I wonder how long that is going to be. Today, tomorrow? Are the jurors still there?

It's 3:18 CST. Isn't this about the time court usually ends for the day? Seems like a ploy by the defense to end here with the hopes they can get the jury to think along these lines - if the letter suddenly can't be found.

Isn't it a bit odd the defense wouldn't have this letter easily accessable if they planned to bring it up?

anyone wanna bet the letter does not exist?

In Session Everyone continues to mill around in the hallway outside the courtroom. Some of the defense attorneys are inside the courtroom, but others are hanging out in the hallway. The prosecution team seems to be completely missing in action.

1m Jeanine Pirro‏@JudgeJeanine
@Tammybaby65 jury very focused but expressionless. #drewpeterson

1m Jeanine Pirro‏@JudgeJeanine
@kellabeck judge seems more balanced today.....#drewpeterson

:trout: Where is the letter Brodsky? :trout:

I wonder how long that is going to be. Today, tomorrow? Are the jurors still there?

It's 3:18 CST. Isn't this about the time court usually ends for the day? Seems like a ploy by the defense to end here with the hopes they can get the jury to thing along these lines - if the letter suddenly can't be found.

Isn't it a bit odd the defense wouldn't have this letter easily accessable if they planned to bring it up?

anyone wanna bet the letter does not exist?

The defense should have had it handy. Considering all of the time that has elapsed since letter was written, the mountains of paperwork they are going to have to go through - they may never find it, Court should have ended for the day if it was not in the daily bring to Court file.

It's 3:30. It's been at least 15 minutes. how long is the judge going to give them? And will he recess for the day until the letter is found or will they move onto something else?

It's 3:30. It's been at least 15 minutes. how long is the judge going to give them? And will he recess for the day until the letter is found or will they move onto something else?

I'm concerned. The Defense is in the courtroom and hallway but the prosecution seems to have vanished. Are they with the Judge?

:trout: Where is the letter Brodsky? :trout:

So, Brodsky says there's a letter and the prosecution has to go off and dig it up????? Yep, a stalling tactic, fer sure.

However, the pros. didn't say there wasn't a letter. So I guess there's one somewhere??? :thud:

I'm concerned. The Defense is in the courtroom and hallway but the prosecution seems to have vanished. Are they with the Judge?

I don't see why any one side would be with the judge without the other side. And if they are looking for the letter, why are they standing around?

It sounds to me like the judge and pros are just somewhere out of view from the media at this point.

Sure wish we knew if the letter was located -or not-.

1m Glenn Marshall‏@GMarshall_Jr

Court is back in session #DrewPeterson

In Session Brodsky is now trying to get the witness to acknowledge that the State’s Attorney’s office is “not happy” with his handling of this case. That prompts a prosecution objection, and Judge Burmila calls the parties to a sidebar.

In Session The jurors have just been taken from the courtroom. Judge Burmila asks the State if it ever filed a complaint about the witness’ performance in this case. Brodsky says that was a letter about this, and the judge asks to see it. “We’ll take a brief recess.”

Respectfully snipped. From the above, it doesn't appear the state answered one way or the other. Brodsky interjected and the judge asked to see the letter. Unless something more was said that was not reported by In Session.

In Session

45 seconds ago.

The parties are going back into the courtroom. Judge Burmila is back on the bench. “Are we ready to bring the jury back in?” “Yes, Your Honor.” The jurors and the witness return to the courtroom... but there’s no mention of the letter that led to the recess.

In Session Judge Burmila sustains the last objection. “The jury will disregard the question about the complaint.” Brodsky: “To this day, it’s still your opinion that Kathy Savio died in an accident?” “Yes, Sir.” That ends the cross-examination of Robert Deel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23