The Perfect Crime?

Pattycake I agree with you. This control was the motive for Caylee's death. To show CA that she was NOT going to take KC's baby.

No she is not going for life...only a couple of years tops for child neglect.

She will be rich free and famous.

JMHO!~
I hope that you're wrong. And with all due respect, I believe that you are. I guess time will tell.

I doubt it to be honest with you. They are just giving it some time. They have all the time in the world to charge her with murder. Let's face it Caylee is more than likely gone. Once they convict her of her current charges she'll be locked up in prison with no place to go. Why not take your time and build and unbeatable case?
Actually, I don't think they do have all the time in the world. My understanding is that if they are going to charge her with anything additional pertaining to Caylee's going missing, they must do so prior to her court hearing about the neglect charge. I don't recall the date of that, but I guarantee that if there have not been any additional charges brought forth at that time, whomever is representing her at that point is going to demand their right to a speedy trial. No doubt about it.

If they have not charged her with the goods by that time, then I will allow myself to say those words aloud, 'She got away with it'. (Gads, can I begin to try to express how much I hated even typing those words?)

Has something to do with a law that protects against double jeopardy. I personally don't really understand it, but there are many aspects of the judicial system that leave me agog. Kind of like the part I don't get about evidence being too prejudicial to the defendant. That's one I will NEVER get. How can something that points to a person's guilt not be allowed as evidence because it shows they are guilty too much???? ........Shakes her head......

Sorry, got o/t.......... hopefully it won't make the modgodz angry and I end up with a t/o. That would suk.

Sorry for any typo's. Actually, it's past my bedtime and I'm starting to feel it in a bad way......

~TCO~ gonna go get me some shuteye. I'll be back in lurk mode tonight before I go to work. (Yeah Casey, I have a REAL job. Humph.)

I heard rumors about October from others, one of which was LPadilla on the NG show and it seems like someone else, a defense attn'y I think, was also saying Octoberish. I have no links - so this is all just my speculation.

Salem
Interestingly, I saw several talking heads discussing this and all of them said something along the lines of "Le probably has a date set in their minds .... say, October 1st ..." Every one of them said October 1st. Might mean nothing but it might mean that we're starting to get whispers of the plan.

With the overwhelming media and public attention this case is getting, I'm sure LE and the DA's office are just making sure every 'i' is dotted, every 't' crossed. There's no reason for them to rush this case.

Actually, I don't think they do have all the time in the world. My understanding is that if they are going to charge her with anything additional pertaining to Caylee's going missing, they must do so prior to her court hearing about the neglect charge. I don't recall the date of that, but I guarantee that if there have not been any additional charges brought forth at that time, whomever is representing her at that point is going to demand their right to a speedy trial. No doubt about it.
I think I know what you're referring to and I believe that people have stated that that same rule does not apply when it comes to murder.

ETA: However, since her trial dates are in November and we're hearing whispers of October, you might be right.

Air sampling is not new just the use of this evidence in court. The Body farm is top notch and the evidence will try to be disputed but the jury will not buy this. My prediction.

Patience, patience. It took quite a while from the time Laci Peterson disappeared until her husband was arrested. LE was waiting for a body and I think they are with this case too. Not that she couldn't be successfully convicted without Caylee's body, there is definitely enough evidence to spin a successful prosecution of her (decomposition, hair analysis showing death had occurred, chloroform etc). She should be put away for life just for her uncooperation and lies IMHO. She's going down, just be patient.

I disagree. They have the air samples from the car confirmed as decomp, the hair with the death band, evidence of chloroform, evidence that Casey researched chloroform on the web, and a kick *advertiser censored** case based on circumstantial stuff - including all of the lies, stealing, misleading authorities. No jury in their right mind would find her not guilty, imo.

Thats what i think Susie.....all this evidence, testimony how the whole mo Caylee was missing, she didnt seem upset....it all adds up. I think she purposely wated a mo and wouldve waited longer if Cindy didnt hunt her down and thats because they got the notice about the car.
She will eventually go down.

November I think 17 is the court date for other charges.

Sometimes I worry about the same thing.

However, the A's will *not* be good witnesses for her defense b/c of all of their lies and, err, "mis-statements".... the prosecutor will rip them to shreds, IMHO.

I think I know what you're referring to and I believe that people have stated that that same rule does not apply when it comes to murder.

ETA: However, since her trial dates are in November and we're hearing whispers of October, you might be right.
Oh man, I so hope you are right on that. It was a while ago when they were addressing that in some thread out there in thread purgatory........ but it really was making me rather mad at how the system favors the rights of the very ones who denied another of their rights.

Okay, now I'm REALLY gonna go let my doggies in and get some much needed sleep..... I hope..... heh, heh.

Thats what i think Susie.....all this evidence, testimony how the whole mo Caylee was missing, she didnt seem upset....it all adds up. I think she purposely wated a mo and wouldve waited longer if Cindy didnt hunt her down and thats because they got the notice about the car.
I was just talking to a friend about this this morning. I believe that Casey had no intention of ever even mentioning the child again. If no one had asked her, I believe that she would have just moved forward with life and that would have been the end of it.

With the overwhelming media and public attention this case is getting, I'm sure LE and the DA's office are just making sure every 'i' is dotted, every 't' crossed. There's no reason for them to rush this case.

ITA and I also think that they do have enough evidence right now for a murder charge but are waiting as long as they can for the "smoking gun" (body).

Oh man, I so hope you are right on that. It was a while ago when they were addressing that in some thread out there in thread purgatory........ but it really was making me rather mad at how the system favors the rights of the very ones who denied another of their rights.

Okay, now I'm REALLY gonna go let my doggies in and get some much needed sleep..... I hope..... heh, heh.
Lol, I do the same thing all the time ... say I'm going but then I just have to answer one more post! :)

I also get mad at the system ... A LOT. And I don't understand the whole business about prejudicial evidence either. :waitasec:

Very far from the perfect crime...IMO...if it were perfect there would have been no evidence in the trunk ...and Caylee would have simply disappeared...there is way too much that has come out for it to be considered a perfect crime
Btw Deborah1012...nice avatar...lol

With no body and no proof that Cassy killed Caylee herself she can stick to her story and she will not be convicted of murder.

All she has to do is stick to her story and she is home free.

Yes...there may be evidence of death in the car and yes it is Caylee but guess what?

There is still no evidence that Cassy killed Caylee.

Zanny the Nanny killed her.

Cassy will be rich and free...living the high life with her soon to be rich parents.

JMHO!~

Just want to say, I DO NOT think she has comitted the perfect crime, keep in mind there are most likely dozens of LE working on this, lots of smart minds.
Honestly I do not think she has the smarts that they do......

She will eventually go down.

Yeah TIME, destroys evidence. i think she was going to skip to California but Mom caught up with her first. She was just playing TonE for a place to live and playing the role (washing everyones laundry, come on. :yuck:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back