Death Penalty Vs Life in Prison and Why

do you want Casey to get the death penalty?

• yes

Votes: 106 59.2%
  • no

Votes: 73 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was little, my parents told me when you go to jail, you get bread and water to eat, no TV, no friends to talk to , NOTHING. This terrified me. Knowing that KC will have the opportunity to go to school, read magazines all day , listen to the radio, and even eat snacks makes me so mad. Caylee will never get to do any of those things, and that is why I vote DP. If jail were like my Parents told me, then I wouldn't care. She does not deserve to enjoy anything.

Back in Lousiana when I was younger, there was a place we called the Pea Farm. Basically it was a working prison. Everyone there worked. They grew peas and sold them to markets for money. The money was used to provide food, clothing, and shelter for the inmates. They didn't have luxuries and conveniences like today. It was what used to be called doing hard time. No one ever wanted to go in there and if you did, when you came out you did not ever want to go back.

100%Agave, thank you!

I meant to say earlier that I am sorry about your brother. I hope that you and your family find peace and your brother gets the justice that he deserves.

The only upside to Casey getting life is that she'll have to live with what she has done and she won't have the freedom like she planned.

I personally think she deserves Death, but I think she will get Life in prison. Also, when she transfers to prison into Population from the P.C. in the county jail she is in, that will be the real deal!!!

This is going to offend those opposed to the death penalty so skip this post.

For Ms. KC, I would gladly vote to bring back public hanging.

I meant to say earlier that I am sorry about your brother. I hope that you and your family find peace and your brother gets the justice that he deserves.
Thank you. Mom never recovered. She passed away last month. Too many lives have been destroyed as it is. :(

ROFL. I never get offended. My sweet hubby is in favor of it. :)

I used to think I was pro DP, now I think I'm only for the DP if evidence is 100% proof positive in sealing the DP conviction. The biggest question that I ask myself is this: "What about if new technology comes out and happens to prove a person on death row is innocent? What about all the years that person lost? What about the people that have already perished due to the DP but have been exonerated through dna testing?" People in general never thought DNA testing could even be possible, but of course Scientists knew all along it was. Science is ever changing on a daily basis. Ok, now take into consideration the person is dead b/c of a prosecutor holding back evidence, a lab screwing something up or even erroneously reporting evidence in favor of the prosecution, people lying to be on that jury just to get a person sentenced to death, and what about the person signed on to actually be the person to push the button, lift the lever, or administer the needle - well, should they be sentenced to death if the person that died due to their beliefs happened to be innocent of all charges? Wouldn't that make them all murderers? How can somebody that puts someone else to death live with themselves if said convict was actually innocent all along? I don't think I could do it myself.

Now, if somebody screwed with my children (tortured, raped, & murdered them), and I happened to be witness to it, I sure as heck could take them out with my bare hands...don't even think Superman could stop me!

I think Casey should serve time for the death of her child...but I still don't know exactly how guilty she is. Based on the evidence put out thus far, it's not enough to warrant a death penalty.

Mr. Hornsby, if Casey is found not guilty of murder but maybe found guilty of a lesser charge relating to Caylee's death, what is the minimum mandatory sentence she could receive?

I used to think I was pro DP, now I think I'm only for the DP if evidence is 100% proof positive in sealing the DP conviction. The biggest question that I ask myself is this: "What about if new technology comes out and happens to prove a person on death row is innocent? What about all the years that person lost? What about the people that have already perished due to the DP but have been exonerated through dna testing?" People in general never thought DNA testing could even be possible, but of course Scientists knew all along it was. Science is ever changing on a daily basis. Ok, now take into consideration the person is dead b/c of a prosecutor holding back evidence, a lab screwing something up or even erroneously reporting evidence in favor of the prosecution, people lying to be on that jury just to get a person sentenced to death, and what about the person signed on to actually be the person to push the button, lift the lever, or administer the needle - well, should they be sentenced to death if the person that died due to their beliefs happened to be innocent of all charges? Wouldn't that make them all murderers? How can somebody that puts someone else to death live with themselves if said convict was actually innocent all along? I don't think I could do it myself.

Now, if somebody screwed with my children (tortured, raped, & murdered them), and I happened to be witness to it, I sure as heck could take them out with my bare hands...don't even think Superman could stop me!

I think Casey should serve time for the death of her child...but I still don't know exactly how guilty she is. Based on the evidence put out thus far, it's not enough to warrant a death penalty.

Mr. Hornsby, if Casey is found not guilty of murder but maybe found guilty of a lesser charge relating to Caylee's death, what is the minimum mandatory sentence she could receive?
No worries on that in Kentucky. One guy has been on DR almost 30 years.

The only upside to Casey getting life is that she'll have to live with what she has done and she won't have the freedom like she planned.

I just don't see that bothering her all that much. She is never going to live with what she has done. She has already settled that account with herself. She is at peace with it because no one is as important as KC in her eyes.

Not having the freedom is a plus but I think that even this is not going to bother her all that much. She is going to adapt to her new life of incarceration with the ease that she has adapted to her life in jail at this time. She will eat bon-bons, watch tv, read books, make friends with the guards, find herself some guy penpal that will gush over her and tell her everything that she wants to hear and she will be content.

I understand what you are saying and see your point but at the same time today we do have DNA testing so I feel that getting the death penalty for something you did not do just doesn't happen that much anymore.

No criminal ever admits that he actually did what he was convicted of. The prisons are full of convicts that swear up and down that they are innocent even when the evidence via fingerprints, DNA, and other forensics proves they are not. While I feel sorry for those that may have been executed unjustly, I would still require proof that they were truly innocent and with the number of appeals and the years that they have before execution, if there is any proof out there that they are innocent that would have ample time to be presented in court.

As for KC, we just have not seen all that there is to see so far and I believe that the SA has enough to prove exactly where, when, how, and why Caylee died.

When the initiative was put on the ballot here in California many years ago to reinstate the death penalty, I supported it and voted for it. That said, I feel that both sides have good arguments for their position on this issue.

In this case, I would be satisfied if Casey were given either the DP or LWOP. I feel that she should never, ever, be free again. No matter what punishment she receives, I doubt she will ever feel remorse for what she did. She may cry for herself, but never for Caylee or anyone else. She's a cold, heartless, sociopath with no capacity for remorse. She will always blame someone else for her being in prison.

It would be punishment for Casey to be confined to a prison cell, locked away from the society she wants to be part of - no more talking/texting on a cell phone for hours, no more parties, no more boyfriends, no more dancing, no more of anything outside the walls of her cell.

BBM

Oh, she'll have boyfriends...I bet.

Death. I hold no truck with murderers of children.

I can live with LWOP if necessary.

I also believe some people, murdering psychopaths, need to be put out of our misery.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps...20091107/NEWS01/911080317/&template=artiphone

Here is a write up I found on Karu Gene White. Looks like he is still appealing everything under the sun and now claiming that he is mentally deficient.

http://off2dr.com/modules/smf/index.php?topic=3473.0;wap2 I also found this which talks about the appeals and court battles for several of those on the list.

Interesting reading really.

Isn't it interesting that none of these killers gave their victims a thought...whether they wanted to die or not...BUT...when it comes to their own death...they fight and scream and try to find any way that they can to stay alive...COWARDS..every one of them.

I really don't think that Casey gives a thought about what she has done. She only thinks about herself. That is how sociopaths are. But I like the thought of her being in prison the rest of her life and never being able to sleep with a man again...hang out at the clubs or do any of the things that she seemed to love to do. The other women in prison will hate her for what she did to little Caylee and she will have to watch her back constantly. Her life won't be a good one...the other women will make sure of that.

I also don't think a jury is going to give her the death penalty. Not that she doesn't deserve it but they will look at her age and I think that will stop them.

I won't skip past your post.

For your post doesn't offend me, it saddens me.

What possible joy could anyone take in watching a public hanging?

It reduces society to an animalistic level and serves no purpose other than a need for revenge and other sordid voyeuristic tendancies which I won't go into.

The world would not be a better place if this was to occur.

I won't skip past your post.

For your post doesn't offend me, it saddens me.

What possible joy could anyone take in watching a public hanging?

It reduces society to an animalistic level and serves no purpose other than a need for revenge and other sordid voyeuristic tendancies which I won't go into.

The world would not be a better place if this was to occur.

I disagree. I think sometimes people need to see evil punished. It helps to make the world sensible again. Something as unabashedly evil as a child killer who is executed is a good thing. I agree it should not be a popcorn and fun times type of 'spectator sport'...but it sends a real and deliberate message - society will not tolerate people who harm or kill children.

I don't think that a desire for revenge is unnatural and therefore I do not think it is inherently unhealthy. Any sadness or darkness covering the execution has been brought on by the guilty party, not the victims or society. I feel we are avoiding the tough work if we simply put a child killer in a cell and essentially forget about them.

I definitely respect all points of view on this, so please don't misunderstand.

Not that I'm against the DP. I don't mind paying 3 squares, as long as I knew she wasn't having a happy day, and was in the general population and not segregated at any time. Hey, if Dhamer had to mop floors, so should KC. The gen pop doesn't take kindly to baby killers, so I think her punishment in gen pop would be much harsher than being segregated in DP quarters. Her suffering will be much harsh in general pop -- and that's the way it should be. I'd love to see her get her hands dirty for once!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member