17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the picture of the head, it's a no win situation either way. If it was an officer that took it, I hope he loses his job over it. If it was a civilian that took it, then I hope all officers on the scene that night lose their job over it.

~jmo~

So, they should have left the boy lying there, bleeding out, while they're concerned about some onlooker potentially getting too close?

Preservation of life comes first, always.

How long does it take to say, " Clear the area now, or please Leave or whatever" ..the one cuffing GZ and securing the weapon could say that, or one of the two who were assessing the casualty and they really would not have to pause in what they were doing....

How in the world do you shoot a dog in a neighborhood and not endanger every neighbor around?

I have been faced with very similar dog problems and I have thought about shooting the dog but how do you know where that bullet is going to end up? Not like you are out in the woods somewhere. I have thought about using a baseball bat but then it is just blaming the dog for being a dog and not the irresponsible owners.

I decided just to keep calling the cops till something was done and it was. They told the people they would lose the dog if it happened one more time. That made them keep them tied up.

Why would you just jump to getting a gun. Makes no sense and I don't believe the story.

A pit bull named Big Boi began menacing George and Shellie Zimmerman in the fall of 2009.

The first time the dog ran free and cornered Shellie in their gated community in Sanford, Florida, George called the owner to complain.

The second time, Big Boi frightened his mother-in-law's dog. Zimmerman called Seminole County Animal Services and bought pepper spray.

The third time he saw the dog on the loose, he called again. An officer came to the house, county records show.

'Don't use pepper spray,' he told the Zimmermans, according to a friend. 'It'll take two or three seconds to take effect, but a quarter second for the dog to jump you,' he said.

'Get a gun.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-vandalism-just-shooting.html#ixzz1t6k8irMe

I agree. It makes no sense to me. Anyone in that crowd could have also had a gun or contaminated the scene. EMT's are trained how to render care and do as little harm as possible to the crime scene. The first rule is secure the scene, rendering medical care would do not one bit of good if more people were violent. Rescue was told to stage so that they could secure the scene. By the time they got close the stage order was changed.

Yes CPR very early is essential, but securing the scene is also a vital part of the protocol. A dead rescuer rescues no one.
It wasn't EMTs conducting the initial CPR, it was officers. Likely, with Smith covering them (according to the report, he had Zimmerman at gunpoint, while the two others were trying to assess/resuscitate Martin). Another officer showed up and relieved the officer doing compressions, and at that point it's possible that a more formal dispersing of onlookers could occur. EMTs were on scene only after more officers arrived. It's all in the police report.

I agree. It makes no sense to me. Anyone in that crowd could have also had a gun or contaminated the scene. EMT's are trained how to render care and do as little harm as possible to the crime scene. The first rule is secure the scene, rendering medical care would do not one bit of good if more people were violent. Rescue was told to stage so that they could secure the scene. By the time they got close the stage order was changed.

Yes CPR very early is essential, but securing the scene is also a vital part of the protocol. A dead rescuer rescues no one.

Questionable that he was allowed to walk although he didn't have credits, or the story was questionable about him walking? I agree, i learned about journalism and the reponsibilities of reporters pertaining their store in a quick writing session in one of my high school English classes. Details, no bias, just facts, credit sources, etc. I wonder if they teach those things any more in even college courses. Or is that considered outdated? Has following a story that brings in the most $ by ads and flash headlines become what reporters learn now?

Uhoh haven't slept in 48hrs and took an Ativan about 15 minutes ago. I am not responsible for any incoherent, bad, or sappy posts from now on. But if I post something brilliant , that's the real me ;)

BBM: We'll keep a eye out for this part....lol

Questionable that he was allowed to walk although he didn't have credits, or the story was questionable about him walking? I agree, i learned about journalism and the reponsibilities of reporters pertaining their store in a quick writing session in one of my high school English classes. Details, no bias, just facts, credit sources, etc. I wonder if they teach those things any more in even college courses. Or is that considered outdated? Has following a story that brings in the most $ by ads and flash headlines become what reporters learn now?

Uhoh haven't slept in 48hrs and took an Ativan about 15 minutes ago. I am not responsible for any incoherent, bad, or sappy posts from now on. But if I post something brilliant , that's the real me ;)

This one.

Zimmerman enrolled in Seminole State College in 2009, and in December 2011 he was permitted to participate in a school graduation ceremony, despite being a course credit shy of his associate's degree in criminal justice.

Zimmerman was completing that course credit when the shooting occurred.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-vandalism-just-shooting.html#ixzz1t6kgJObG

How wrong would it be for me to send my old boss, who is a Steelers fan, a card with a picture of George Zimmerman wearing a Steelers jacket, before the NFL Season starts with the words: "He's One of You!"

He's a gun owner and even has a company dealing with selling guns and he thinks George should be charged too.

MOO

It wasn't EMTs conducting the initial CPR, it was officers. Likely, with Smith covering them (according to the report, he had Zimmerman at gunpoint, while the two others were trying to assess/resuscitate Martin). Another officer showed up and relieved the officer doing compressions, and at that point it's possible that a more formal dispersing of onlookers could occur. EMTs were on scene only after more officers arrived. It's all in the police report.

I read the report.

How long does it take to say, " Clear the area now, or please Leave or whatever" ..the one cuffing GZ and securing the weapon could say that, or one of the two who were assessing the casualty and they really would not have to pause in what they were doing....

Who says they didn't say this? It doesn't seem to me like there was anyone physically able to do anything at the moment, though. He may have backed off after being told the second time. He may have not been close enough for them to feel wary about him looking. For some reason, I feel like they were more focused on doing what they could for Martin than keeping lookey-loos at bay.

So, they should have left the boy lying there, bleeding out, while they're concerned about some onlooker potentially getting too close?

Preservation of life comes first, always.

The person securing George Zimmerman should of been telling people to step back. That person was not preserving the life of a dead teenager.

LE is responsible for securing the scene regardless if it is officers doing the CPR or rescue. Onlookers would be told to move away from the area. This is SOP. If LE did not do this there is a real problem with this police force and their breaking with normal police procedures. jmo

How would they remember if he was the offender or the victim?
Because it's listed in their records database when they go to look him up?

It just says details of the crime cannot be found, which leads me to believe that he's listed as a victim when they run a background check, but there's no report.

Formal or informal they could disperse onlookers with a very succinct clear order to clear the area, and anyone who did not immediately do so could very easily have joined GZ on his ride to the Police station....It's not as if they had to bodily throw anyone out...they had to say it and if it was not followed then they could have simply arrested them or threatened to if they felt that was all that was needed, I doubt that anyone would have disobeyed...but that's me, an Officer tells me to leave and I would do so, posthaste...

How in the world do you shoot a dog in a neighborhood and not endanger every neighbor around?

I have been faced with very similar dog problems and I have thought about shooting the dog but how do you know where that bullet is going to end up? Not like you are out in the woods somewhere. I have thought about using a baseball bat but then it is just blaming the dog for being a dog and not the irresponsible owners.

I decided just to keep calling the cops till something was done and it was. They told the people they would lose the dog if it happened one more time. That made them keep them tied up.

Why would you just jump to getting a gun. Makes no sense and I don't believe the story.

A pit bull named Big Boi began menacing George and Shellie Zimmerman in the fall of 2009.

The first time the dog ran free and cornered Shellie in their gated community in Sanford, Florida, George called the owner to complain.

The second time, Big Boi frightened his mother-in-law's dog. Zimmerman called Seminole County Animal Services and bought pepper spray.

The third time he saw the dog on the loose, he called again. An officer came to the house, county records show.

'Don't use pepper spray,' he told the Zimmermans, according to a friend. 'It'll take two or three seconds to take effect, but a quarter second for the dog to jump you,' he said.

'Get a gun.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-vandalism-just-shooting.html#ixzz1t6k8irMe

I wonder how this dog kept getting out of the apartment? It's not like they had backyards where they could dig under a fence? What happened? Everytime the owner opened the door, the dog went running out?

I've never owned a dog so I don't know how they work?

From reading the police report I think officer Ayala had Trayvon at gun point trying to get a response from him and then Officer Raimondo arrived and approached Trayvon and checked for a pulse.

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/martinpolicreport.pdf

Perhaps it is because he was a juvenile. Those records are sealed in Juvenile and family court in Virginia.

If the records are sealed then why is Rivera talking about it? How would Rivera know about it?

LE is responsible for securing the scene regardless if it is officers doing the CPR or rescue. Onlookers would be told to move away from the area. This is SOP. If LE did not do this there is a real problem with this police force and their breaking with normal police procedures. jmo

What would they do if an onlooker did not move from the area immediately, but did after the second or third time being told? They were busy, and may have been issuing verbal commands. That doesn't mean anyone was listening to them. The two giving CPR couldn't legally stop until relieved, and the third officer was securing a shooting suspect who was armed. It doesn't take someone standing there for five minutes to see them roll Martin over.

Is it possible that this person also was a witness to some aspect. In which case wouldn't the police want them to stick around the general vicinity until they got around to questioning him or her, even if not right on top of the scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken