Brad Conway Press Conference 1/23/09

That would be horrible - dismemberment.

But....I have had this wierd feeling ever since the ME said there was no ante mortem trauma to the bones.

To me it was technical speak and could have meant "There was post mortem trauma but I'm not going to reveal that"

Could that also be why the ME was so sure it was a homicide?

If you acidentally kill someone and then freak out and dump them - that is one thing - but you sure as heck wouldn't dismember them.

Gruesome to discuss.

Did anyone watch this on HLN?! Mark Eiglarsh was commenting on the presser and made a statement I haven't ever heard anyone make in this case. I was shocked as he has been so adamant about facts every time he has been on television. He was giving his "personal opinion" and this is taken out of the context of him talking about George today.

He said, "...he lost his granddaughter, his own daughter is accused of killing a..a...and dismembering the body of his granddaughter...uhm...this is just not a very good place or time for him right now."

I heard that too, and then thought maybe I didn't hear correctly or maybe Mark Eiglarsh had it wrong. It's something that's never been reported by other media reports.

Did anyone watch this on HLN?! Mark Eiglarsh was commenting on the presser and made a statement I haven't ever heard anyone make in this case. I was shocked as he has been so adamant about facts every time he has been on television. He was giving his "personal views" and this is taken out of the context of him talking about George today.

He said, "...he lost his granddaughter, his own daughter is accused of killing a..a...and dismembering the body of his granddaughter...uhm...this is just not a very good place or time for him right now."

I don't like this Conway character one bit, he's no different than Baez. Maybe some of the rumors about the A's would stop if he would be so kind as to explain exactly how they are living day to day, paying bills etc with NO INCOME! There obviously is money coming from somewhere and sooner or later it will become known.
And, what did Conway mean he will be visiting with George? In the George is missing thread it stated that a Baker-acted person can
not have any visitors for at least 24 hours...........more privileges.

Oh dear lord, I can't take much more of this! Poor Caylee, my heart is breaking for her.

I wonder why George didn't take any pictures of Lee with him?

Could Conway be over-playing the sympathy card to set up his clients for what may be coming down the pike with more damning evidence coming to light? What about the parents own role in alienating the public vis a vis their own actions and statements? Conway seems to think this is a one way street IMO.

That would be horrible - dismemberment.

But....I have had this wierd feeling ever since the ME said there was no ante mortem trauma to the bones.

To me it was technical speak and could have meant "There was post mortem trauma but I'm not going to reveal that"

Could that also be why the ME was so sure it was a homicide?

If you acidentally kill someone and then freak out and dump them - that is one thing - but you sure as heck wouldn't dismember them.

Gruesome to discuss.

With zero traces of blood found anywhere I find it highly unlikely that she dismembered Caylee. I may be wayy off here but that is my opinion. I feel that maybe he meant they found her body scattered everywhere because of animals, weather conditions, etc.

My last post got lost? so I'll repeat I thought the most important thing he said was the A's "don't know" if KC did it..That's a very diff position they're taking now re: KC & honestly surprised me.

I agree!! I hope Casey got wind of that!!

he has said that a few times on JVM show.....one night said it over and over...
Yes JVM, ty zoey. Couldn't remember where I'd heard it, but it certainly caught my attention at the time.

Dismembered? Well, now we know what the knife was for.

OMG that poor child. Why, WHY would she be dismembered after death? She was so tiny.

It is amazing George didn't make Cindy one of the two he alerted about wanting to die. He has so many reasons to be depressed. I wish someone had gotten him into grief counseling months ago. I personally hope the Dr decides it is NOT in George's best interest to see Cindy. I think he needs his distance from her. She pushes & pushes & pushes & just doesnt know when to stop.
My heart goes out to George. He is so heart broken & I think has done so many things to try & keep his family together. I hope he gets all the help he needs & realizes Casey killed her child. I know it must be tearing George apart that he didnt protect that baby. I am not sure anyone could have protected Caylee. George is in my prayers & I am so very sorry this has happened.

So if Ca tries to do the same now, how will you feel?
And its not suprising he didnt contact CA. He knows that killing himself would be his final acting of making her carry the burden alone. And it was a cry for help. You dont contact people unless you want to be saved by them....
You leave a letter for them to find after.

The documents clearly state that the fiery arguments were between KC and GA....He is not some weak pathetic man who is controlled by his wife.

You can bet this would have happened a a long time ago, if it wasnt for CA's strength that he can lean on.
Who's there for her now? At what point does she get to stop being the strong one, and allow herself to crumble, and feel the pain and loss.
We have a responsibility as members of this forum, to choose our words wisely, knowing that there are consequences to our actions, or statements, and that it could very possibly have contributed to GA's suicide attempt. Yet all of a sudden people are praying for the man they vilified on this very forum.

Give the man some credit. Seriously. To all the people who say GA was stopped from talking becuase of CA.....GMAB!
He is a grown man, who has chosen to lean on his wife, instead of on his own two feet.....(Most likely because of a depressive illness.) But he is still more than capable of standing up for himself.
We judge the lack of responsibity taken by key players in this case, and yet nobody wants to believe that the hate posted here could have contributed to the mans depression, meaning we need to take some responsibility for that.(if we have a conscience anyway)

He needs to take responsibility too, and kc etc....
Suicide is complex and I can tell you all from personal experience that when you feel worthless and like you just cant hold on anymore, having people confirm your worst feelings about yourself ( no matter how wrong they might be) definately pushes you that bit further to actually do it, instead of thinking or planning it.

Give them all a break. They have suffered more than we can ever know. You dont have to like them....just respect the notion that none of us are perfect, and that EVERY life is valuable.
JMO

I don't like this Conway character one bit, he's no different than Baez. Maybe some of the rumors about the A's would stop if he would be so kind as to explain exactly how they are living day to day, paying bills etc with NO INCOME! There obviously is money coming from somewhere and sooner or later it will become known.
And, what did Conway mean he will be visiting with George? In the George is missing thread it stated that a Baker-acted person can

if ga is held for 72 hours they do have to prove incompetency to a judge...he will need to be represented by someone....but I just don't get where they get these do everyting/anything pro-bono lawyers..seems like they do everything but ----- then blame the media when they call the presser because they can't be with their client...:waitasec::furious:

then I heard somewhere that he mentioned that ca is angry at ga????

I can't imagine coming to terms with the fact that my daughter murdered my grandbaby. It seems that George is looking at the evidence, just as we are and it's sinking in that it is extremely probable that KC killed Caylee. So sad!
No, actually he wrote in the suicide note that he thought Casey was innocent.

Did anyone watch this on HLN?! Mark Eiglarsh was commenting on the presser and made a statement I haven't ever heard anyone make in this case. I was shocked as he has been so adamant about facts every time he has been on television. He was giving his "personal opinion" and this is taken out of the context of him talking about George today.

Who is making that accusation? This is the first time we've ever heard of it!

I dvr'ed it so I could get the quote exactly. I made certain of it. Yes, this was definitely his own opinion. He is the only person who I have heard even contemplating it so far...so I guess it is pure speculation and maybe I should not be posting it. Not sure since it was on National television.

Wasn't Mark Eiglarsh the one who twice on Mike Galanos show recently said something to the effect of "slashing" the body? Plus he also recently stated that he viewed the childhood pics of KC early on because someone he "knows" had received the 30 page document from the defense, and these pix were attached to the document. (the one about "if it was an accident"). Seems like he has a source that is close to the case.

I wanted to make it clear I was quoting Mark E. on Headline News after the presser of BC and not BC.

My last post got lost? so I'll repeat I thought the most important thing he said was the A's "don't know" if KC did it.

I thought the reporter was asking about if KCs friends killed Caylee versus the Zanny story....to which Conway said "They don't know".

With zero traces of blood found anywhere I find it highly unlikely that she dismembered Caylee. I may be wayy off here but that is my opinion. I feel that maybe he meant they found her body scattered everywhere because of animals, weather conditions, etc.

Good point.

Bolded by me:

I don't think that is anyone's business but their own. None of us are disclosing our income.

CA did say in court she was getting assistance from her employer. And GA was on a job interview yesterday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back