LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the rate this is going BSL may have to be moved to the serial killer area of the forums.

I opened a thread in the SK forum a few days ago so members can explore other possible murders related to BSL.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179400"]LA LA - Brandon Scott Lavergne, Acadia Parish, indicted July 18 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Just to be clear, at this point, he's a suspected sk -- two separate, unrelated murders with a long time span in between.

BSL's uncle is an author of books about serial killers. Really?
Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. This case has more twists than any of the novels I have read.

it's an inspection sticker. we have to pay 25 bucks every year for an inspection sticker. the date is stamped on the sticker REAL big so that LE can give tickets if your sticker is expired. you get 30 days from the date to get a new one.

It's always been $10 at any places I've lived here in Louisiana, as far as I know. Just sayin' lol. Someone must be ripping you off LOL.

Steive P - If Mickey were dumped in a rice field, or a cane sugar field, would she likely be discovered before harvest? When is the harvest for those two crops? Around here, all that is grown are vegetables, fruits, cotton, and tobacco (and not much of that anymore). Farmers are usually in their fields almost daily. Is it the same for rice and cane, or different?

Rice fields are pretty shallow and IMO would not be a place for hiding anything. Sugar Cane fields however are SO HIGH right now - they tower up 6-7 feet and are very dense. They would hide a lot of things, but they are eventually cut down... Woods and water seem better choices to me. JMO

Also, a RSO is on lock down at any correctional facility. If you want verification, call any Sheriff's Dept and ask them. Hubby is in LE (retired Capt w/one dept and two weeks later went to work for the Sheriff's Office) asked him the other day & he told me, RSOs are not in Gen Pop, they are not "trustees" and they don't get any type of job.

In St Tammany, I know of at least two RSO that were trustee's at the same time during 2009....

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. This case has more twists than any of the novels I have read.

Oh, and another uncle was murdered in 1999.

I saw Claire Ts post of the two Red cars at BSLs home when she went there.
Does anyone remember the Silver car that was at BSLs home, and LE was searching inside? One of the men searching it had Long hair. :smile:
I know I followed a link from here, or the pic was posted here.I thought I had saved it, but I can't find it in my folder. I wonder why it wasn't at his house when Claire T. went there. :waitasec:

I am Old, and maybe one of you "Young" whippersnappers(lol)will remember the link it was on. I say Whippersnappers because yall are always one up on me. :smile:

I dont think they were searching this car. It appears to me that there is someone inside that they are talking to. Maybe another investigator who may be leaving. JMO

Sorry to ask a question that's not the topic at hand.. I was wondering about BSL allowing his supposed first young victim to keep her "virginity".. This just seems so sick to me that she likely begged him not to assault/rape her and he shows her "pity" in allowing her to keep her "virginity" by only violating her by forced oral sex. This is deeply troubling on so many levels.. Can someone link to where this info is..

TIA:)

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Bessie, don't send me on a vacation please, but I heard it through the grapevine that BSL's uncle was murdered back in March of 1999. He was 65 years old at the time of his death and lived in Church Point. I find this to be very odd timing when you put it together with BSL's crime spree.

I have his full name, which is not Lavergne. Initials are LBV. I have searched online and so far can only find the funeral services for him at:
http://files.usgwarchives.net/la/stlandry/obits/1999/0399.txt

Yes, I believe this to be true. And, I am almost certain a cousin or some family member (JB) of his Mother's side passed on a few days prior to that.

Same link.

I think it is his cousin that is the author. His uncle's son.

I dont think they were searching this car. It appears to me that there is someone inside that they are talking to. Maybe another investigator who may be leaving. JMO

Is this the silver Cadillac that was traded in just before BSL's arrest?

One of the names of survivors in that obit matches a last name of the odd girl out of the Jennings 8. See BSL's SK thread.

Thank you to the web sleuther who suggested that KA's sister join ws. I think it could be good for her, hope she does.

I have been thinking that Bessie may phave to put the definition of CajunNet at the front of each thread. Might need to add PDPT as well.

Sorry to ask a question that's not the topic at hand.. I was wondering about BSL allowing his supposed first young victim to keep her "virginity".. This just seems so sick to me that she likely begged him not to assault/rape her and he shows her "pity" in allowing her to keep her "virginity" by only violating her by forced oral sex. This is deeply troubling on so many levels.. Can someone link to where this info is..

TIA:)

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:
That's not true, Smooth. It was a mis-reading of a statement by the vicim in the incident report.

ETA: There is no link because the document was pulled from the paper's website. Redacted parts were still visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv