2008.08.21 Shirley P (Cindy's mom) Interview

It would be the same if LE stopped at a wreck with an old woman walkin around trying to find out how the hel_ this can be happening. They don't walk up and say------hey ur kids are bloody---all over the road-----they walk her over to a chair and tell her e-thang gonna be ok. He was just tryin to be nice.

OK! I'll just read now. LOL

It would be the same if LE stopped at a wreck with an old woman walkin around trying to find out how the hel_ this can be happening. They don't walk up and say------hey ur kids are bloody---all over the road-----they walk her over to a chair and tell her e-thang gonna be ok. He was just tryin to be nice.

i love the analogy and i think you're on the money.
don't stop writing!!

LOL, interesting analogy, but I think he would have just said, it wasn't so bad and left it at that. But he went on to say more.
Using your analogy, it's like that same officer saying your child is dead but she is resting peacefully in the road without a scratch on her and she looks peaceful and happy. He could just say I am sorry ma'am your child is dead.

I don't think this is a big deal, I just find it curious that he would go so far as to say Rick was defending KC and CA, because he wasn't,imo.

I am referring to where LE tells SP point blank that Rick is defending KC and CA on the blogs and he is not saying anything mean about them at all. They told her that Rick was defending KC to people on blogs that were writing really nasty things about her. Did he do that?

I'm confused about this, too...particularly the time frame. LE knew that he was not defending the Ant's but I'm not sure what info they had at the time they interviewed Shirley. IIRC, when Rick was blogging he called Cindy stupid, posted about Casey being a thief and revealed intimate details of the family dysfunction. Isn't that what led to the very nasty email exchanges between Cindy & Rick? It didn't look like he was defending anyone, except "in a backwards sort of way", Caylee and his mom and dad.

LOL, interesting analogy, but I think he would have just said, it wasn't so bad and left it at that. But he went on to say more.
Using your analogy, it's like that same officer saying your child is dead but she is resting peacefully in the road without a scratch on her and she looks peaceful and happy. He could just say I am sorry ma'am your child is dead.

I don't think this is a big deal, I just find it curious that he would go so far as to say Rick was defending KC and CA, because he wasn't,imo.

While I was reading this part I kept thinking "maybe this was before Rick let loose about the family" I thought maybe I missed Rick initially defending them. Pretty much everything I read was Rick setting the record straight and it was ANYTHING but defending anyone. This had/has me baffled as well. They weren't sugar coating, IMO they out and out lied to SP. This poor woman is probably so confused. I bet she learned how to log on to Topix by now. :dance:

While I was reading this part I kept thinking "maybe this was before Rick let loose about the family" I thought maybe I missed Rick initially defending them. Pretty much everything I read was Rick setting the record straight and it was ANYTHING but defending anyone. This had/has me baffled as well. They weren't sugar coating, IMO they out and out lied to SP. This poor woman is probably so confused. I bet she learned how to log on to Topix by now. :dance:

Only if her electricity is working and that darn cat has come out of hiding.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Only if her electricity is working and that darn cat has come out of hiding.

I believe the story about Casey getting the information from a birthday check came from Cindy's brother Rick. He probably confused the story - it was a check stolen on Caylee's birthday, not a gift for Casey.

My first thought was that maybe there was more than one incident--maybe both stories are true. Maybe Casey once used a tracking number on a birthday check to steal money, and also lifted a check out of grandma's wallet while poor Shirley was there for Caylee's party.

I mean, with someone like Casey, there are so many deceptions that it's hard to count them sometimes.

Also, when people steal the way Casey did, sometimes it takes a while for all their little tricks to come to light. That's how thieves operate. They always seem to take the "lag time" into account... they count on being far away by the time their deception is uncovered. I bet there are still more thefts or other deceptions that haven't even come to light yet.

Oh, come on...SP's chance? I respectfuly disagree that she can make a difference.

If the prosecution has to put a frail, easily confused, (not to mention hard of hearing) elderly woman on the stand to help their case, then they don't have much of one to begin with. I believe that's not the case, and that they can, and will successfully convict KC without any help from SP.

I can assure you that someone that has lived as long as SP has, knows a little something about life's "messy's". She lived through the Great Depression, afterall. She no doubt has experienced the lack of a lollipop or two.

Prayers up for SP.

I apologize that I seemed harsh in my explanations. I know if my grandmother were still alive and had to deal with this, it would probably kill her.
I was only trying to make the point that sp is a breath of fresh air and reason. Although she is old, and has some hearing issues. She does, pretty much, "have it going on" for her age. She also has daily emails of events of the days to/from her sister, which could be vital to this case if sp can't recall a certain time or amount of things of that nature. Her character seems hearfelt and true. She tells it like it is. She does not buy what KC is selling. And to me that would not hurt the states case. Help, it may.
Also, I'm a FL native. Retired folks are a plenty there. When the jury poole is picked I can only assume (and we all know what that entails) they will have plenty of retiree's to poole from. I could be wrong though. They can also relate to her (sp.)

Again. No offense intended.

RE: Thread page #2 post #47

NO, keep writing, you did good!! LOL

I agree with the poster who said Shirley was a breath of fresh air. Finally someone who is on Caylee's side! I feel so bad for her, she already had enough going on just trying to take care of her husband and then woke up in this nightmare. I hope she can know that there are many people out here who do care about her and have sympathy.

VB

So, Shirley says that George took out a credit card in Cindy's name and ran up a large debt the same as Casey did. I hope Cindy is looking and checking around to make sure some of the money isn't in hiding. Poor Shirley to have to know these sordid details later in life much less live through the murder of a little great grandchild.

My first thought was that maybe there was more than one incident--maybe both stories are true. Maybe Casey once used a tracking number on a birthday check to steal money, and also lifted a check out of grandma's wallet while poor Shirley was there for Caylee's party.

I mean, with someone like Casey, there are so many deceptions that it's hard to count them sometimes.

Also, when people steal the way Casey did, sometimes it takes a while for all their little tricks to come to light. That's how thieves operate. They always seem to take the "lag time" into account... they count on being far away by the time their deception is uncovered. I bet there are still more thefts or other deceptions that haven't even come to light yet.

I doubt it, she is not a good criminal. She is a lousy liar, can't even cover them half-way decently. Look at those "work emails" (fake) or how about signing her own name to one of Amy's checks? so many stupid little mistakes add up.. she isn't very bright, she'd have been caught long before now) She could be on that stupid criminals show they have on TruTV. IMO the only reason she got away with this so long is because her parents believed her crap for so long. "I'll bring her over tomorrow so you can see her, mom".. and Cindy would wait and wait. Next day, same thing...

So, Shirley says that George took out a credit card in Cindy's name and ran up a large debt the same as Casey did. I hope Cindy is looking and checking around to make sure some of the money isn't in hiding. Poor Shirley to have to know these sordid details later in life much less live through the murder of a little great grandchild.

If my husband ever took my name and my social security number and took out a credit card in my name, without my knowledge?! uhhm Well, I won't go there.

It sounds as if "poor Shirley" knows these sordid details because her daughter shared them with her.

I am referring to where LE tells SP point blank that Rick is defending KC and CA on the blogs and he is not saying anything mean about them at all. They told her that Rick was defending KC to people on blogs that were writing really nasty things about her. Did he do that?

I know what you are talking about and I agree. I'm just merely stating what I think Rick was doing when he was posting online. I have no idea why LE stated what they did.

From my understanding of the docs it is 2 different checks.. the one for Caylee's birthday and then the recent one where she bought the phone.

If my husband ever took my name and my social security number and took out a credit card in my name, without my knowledge?! uhhm Well, I won't go there.

It sounds as if "poor Shirley" knows these sordid details because her daughter shared them with her.

You have a point there----------since she probably heard it from CA then is it even true?

The Nigerian scam never sat well with me. George did not want to admit he had a gambling problem, that would have made him look weak and addicted. He preferred to be a poor victim albeit of his own stupidity.
Also, the $45,000...... what on earth did that girl buy? That's the doc dump I want to see.
I would think it would be more embarassing for an ex-LE to admit falling for a scam than to have a gambling problem. Maybe it was a little of both?

One thang about GA being the daddy. Since there was a test for LA then it would also tell if there were a chance that GA was involved. Then there would be more testing. We don't know if there were a test for GA or not.

The reason they had the test in the first place was because she told different peeps that she had been molested by LA.

LE sure has a hard job, figuring all this crap out. I think they have done a great job.

wives open account in thier husbands name all the time or at least it used to be that way " joint accounts". Not so odd really but hiding it is bad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back