OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police question students in case of missing second grader
June 8, 2010 9:24 a.m. EDT

Police questioned nearly all of the children at an Oregon school where a missing 7-year-old child boy was last seen, authorities said Monday evening.

Captain Jason Gates of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office said about 90 percent of the students at Skyline Elementary School were interviewed in connection with last Friday's disappearance of Kyron Horman.

In a statement released to the media, the sheriff's office said investigators were "appealing to the families who have not been interviewed to call the tip line and leave their information."

snip

In the statement released Monday evening, authorities said search and rescue personnel have been canvassing new areas based on tips and information gathered by the sheriff's office.

"Tips have been coming in from all over the state and into Washington. All of those tips are being followed up and investigators are urging people to call the tip line with any information at all," the statement read.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/08/oregon.missing.child/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Since LE is interviewing children, they may not want to release info because children are so suggestable. Instead of remembering what they saw or heard, children will often unconsciously take in info they hear on TV or listening to adults. Just MOO.

I truly believe that to be the main reason, aside from what LE typically won't talk about in any case.

Thank you- that made me remember to ask...does anyone know Kyron's vision prescription/diagnosis? He's wearing transition lenses and appears light sensitive. Might this be the medical condition not mentioned?

Hard to say. Our little guy is extremely far-sighted, and his doc recommended the transitions; not sure if it was just because ... or if there was a medical reason why he'd be more sensitive to light. I'll have to ask daughter if that was explained to her. He thinks his glasses are da bomb and tells everybody about them lol.

Someone asked last night where the info on the south entrance door as Kyron's last known sighting came from. I just came across the LEO saying it in the press conference in a clip included in this video at 0:36:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi4P3vGDow8[/ame]

Transcribed:

"He was seen near his classroom, and the last point was down at the south entrance door of the school."

Where is the area someone saw a car drive down?Do you have a map of this area and also around the school?Are they checking these areas?

Hard to say. Our little guy is extremely far-sighted, and his doc recommended the transitions; not sure if it was just because ... or if there was a medical reason why he'd be more sensitive to light. I'll have to ask daughter if that was explained to her. He thinks his glasses are da bomb and tells everybody about them lol.

Thanks- transition lenses are quite the rage, huh? ;)
I also wondered because there's one pic that shows a line in his hairline that could be vaguely reminscent of a scar from a brain surgery. Or could just be the haircut. Can't imagine a reason why medical history would not be released, but sometimes brain surgeries leave behind vision problems. But just thinking out loud here.

I also wondered because there's one pic that shows a line in his hairline that could be vaguely reminscent of a scar from a brain surgery. Or could just be the haircut. Can't imagine a reason why medical history would not be released, but sometimes brain surgeries leave behind vision problems. But just thinking out loud here.

i have transitional lenses....they are awesome!

Do you have a link to that photo? Have they said he has a medical history but won't release it? I've missed that somehow. Now I'm worried he may be prone to seizures if what you suspect is true :(

To reduce confusion about the direction each door of Skyline Elementary faces, see the four images below. NOTE THE COMPASS IN THE TOP LEFT CORNER OF EACH PHOTO.

The southern front entrance (southwest really):
entrance1.jpg

The western side entrance (northwest really):
entrance2.jpg

The northern back of the school (northeast):
entrance4.jpg

And the eastern side of the school, with the driveway (southeast):
entrance3.jpg

Just refer to the compass and ignore everyone else including me! Definitely confusing! :waitasec:

i have transitional lenses....they are awesome!

lol

When he got his, he'd run outside --- "They're dark!!!" --- then back inside --- "Now they're not!!!" --- then back outside --- "They're dark again!!!" --- and then back in ....

over and over

It's a wonder he didn't wear them out the first day lol.

Someone asked last night where the info on the south entrance door as Kyron's last known sighting came from. I just came across the LEO saying it in the press conference in a clip included in this video at 0:36:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi4P3vGDow8

Transcribed:

"He was seen near his classroom, and the last point was down at the south entrance door of the school."
That still brings us back to which entrance is considered the south entrance. I would call the front entrance the south entrance, because it faces south most directly. But the front entrance is on the ground floor and Kyron's class has been described in at least one story as being on the second floor.

The entrance from the parking lot faces slightly southeast, so it may be considered the south entrance. It appears to be on the second floor so it fits.

Either way it looks like he exited the school at some time soon after he was last seen.

Do you have a link to that photo? Have they said he has a medical history but won't release it? I've missed that somehow. Now I'm worried he may be prone to seizures if what you suspect is true :(

The photo is at 0.55-0.57 secs in the youtube video. It's the line in his hair on the right side of his head- could very easily just be the haircut and I don't see it in any other pics...but I have also seen similar in healed, old surgeries. I was thinking of a possible seizure disorder as well.

And I don't have the link, but I'll look- where they say they're not going to discuss medical conditions. Not that he has an undisclosed one- just that they are not going to discuss it.
Looking....

Perhaps this has already been suggested, but might Kyron have been trying to walk home? From the map, it looks like his home is not too far from the school. Had he been bullied that day and wanted to go home? Or was he nervous about the talent show? He would have driven that road hundreds of times on his way to school so he would think that he could get home pretty easily...and maybe someone accidentally hit him or a predator grabbed him off the road.

:praying: dear lord, please let today be the day that sweet little Kyron is returned safely to his family and all those who love him. amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow