TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has never been reported that the cell phone found was Holly's right? There has been so much incorrect reporting in this case I am doubtful that the phone found was actually hers.

I don't necessarily suspect the family, but I do think it is very strange that they don't appear to be searching, or speaking out on Her behalf. Boyfriend either for that matter.

I don't find that strange in the least bit. As a mother, I wouldn't be able to function, much less be out searching. My GOD - can you imagine if her own mother found her? I think that some parents/family members might be able to do it, but I think that there are as just as many who can't. Not at all strange.

And, besides, how do you know that they aren't searching? That none of the family is searching?

I agree that this new article needs to be held with a grain of salt. I hate that blogging news articles can print what ever they want as if it is fact.

I have long stood on this one that the family is NOT involved. My meter on this just seems to indicate outside sources. I do not want to be wrong. I just hope that my instincts are right this time.

I think that this RSO could have potential. However, I would imagine that LE would be all over him trying to connect him to the crime. I think this would be a slam dunk IF they believed he was the perp. He seems like a sloppy criminal to me. JMHO

I don't find that strange in the least bit. As a mother, I wouldn't be able to function, much less be out searching. My GOD - can you imagine if her own mother found her? I think that some parents/family members might be able to do it, but I think that there are as just as many who can't. Not at all strange.

And, besides, how do you know that they aren't searching? That none of the family is searching?
Key phrase being "don't appear to be" clearly I don't know for sure. If it was my family member, or girlfriend, wild horses couldn't stop me from searching.

It has never been reported that the cell phone found was Holly's right? There has been so much incorrect reporting in this case I am doubtful that the phone found was actually hers.

Whatever was found was in the lab for analysis per TBI links posted upstream.

iphones for instance...the ID is not readily available on the outside of the case. Someone would have to open a dead battery/fried phone to get to it and confirm and I am certain that'd be done by the lab techs.

True, but at this point, it's not confirmed that she had anything but the clothes on her back and her lunchbox.

In the news story at:

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/1...unteers-answer-call-for-help-on-easter-sunday

Jeff Greer of the Henderson County Rescue is quoted as saying, "Anywhere that's far enough to toss a bag, a purse, jewelry, keys, just something off into the woods,".

People being interviewed, even those being careful not to give clues, are going to relate what is on their mind.

From that I extrapolate that those are the items that the search teams were told to look for, hence this is probably very close to a list of what Holly was known to be carrying. (note that he doesn't say anything about a cell phone, which further extrapolation tells me that authorities already have it).

Of course, all just MOO.

I think there are two or three perps and they are young and dumb. I predict that they will eventually mess up and give themselves away because they aren't smart enough to know how to cover. Also, I think while they may have been in minor trouble as juveniles, they will not have adult criminal records...yet.

JMO of course.

I agree EXPRESSLY with everything you have said here.

Key phrase being "don't appear to be" clearly I don't know for sure. If it was my family member, or girlfriend, wild horses couldn't stop me from searching.

just from observing these things...

It's not uncommon for immediate family to be discouraged from searching. It's also not uncommon - at first - when searches are happening - for LE to have detail/liason with immediate family - sometimes round-the-clock. JMO

Does anyone know what kind of cell phone Holly had? Also, is it possible she came back from the woods after her brother saw her and got into vehicle? If the brush was so thick behind their house, wouldn't they see an open or trampled down spot where entry was made?

There was a "rumor" on day one that LE found her cell phone just inside of the woods behind her home. LE will not confirm this, so it is just one more rumor that has been out there. It is frustrating to not have even know some of these small details! :maddening:

I read elsewhere that it was a searcher who dropped their cell phone at that time...it wasn't Holly's.

Just a thought here that I don't think anyone else has mentioned. I doubt that the abductor thought he was seen. He most likely didn't know that Holly's brother was home. Remember, he did this after the parents left for work. Does that change the thoughts about why items might have been discarded in the way they were? I wonder if he left something at the school of significance thinking that she would most likely never be thought to have been abducted way out in the woods that she lives in. It would be more likely that she would be abducted perhaps at school. Her car would have been left there at her home, but people would be confused about that and wonder if she somehow got a ride to school for whatever reason and was abducted at the school. Would that possibly point to another abductor? I'm getting the picture that this guy had a plan to confuse LE in the first place by planting the clues. This would be good news in that (in this scenario) he abducted her and got her out of there by car as quickly as he could, got her to the place he is holding her (incapacitated of course) and went back either that day or even a couple of days after (I don't remember what day they found the lunch bag) and then began to leave "clues" that would lead LE in another direction.

If the purpose was something more sinister, he would have done it in the beginning and wouldn't really care if she was found because he thought he had kept any trace of his identity out of it.

There are other scenarios I'm sure could be thought of because he doesn't know that LE had a witness seeing him do the abduction.

Also, the guy listed above as a possible abductor who was stalking other girls, I think this actually could be another possibility. If the brother was able to make out camo and it being worn by a man, he would just logically relate it to the boyfriend because it is what Holly and him wore a lot when hunting. From a distance, and with no glasses on, he might have been able to make out the camo, but not the exact height and weight and guessed on that. After all, that guesstimate about the ht and wt of the abductor was pretty general.

Just a thought. Would love to hear all of yours.

Considering her car was still in the car port at her parents home, meaning she never left that morning in her car, the entire "he threw evidence by her school to fool LE as to where she was abducted" scenario doesn't quite make sense.

I don't think that article has any validity. I would believe a searcher saying they found it at 100 Eaton St. over a blog that says it was a mile further down the road.

Green, where does Dana Bobo run his business? I have a strange feeling that this guy is or was employed by him at one point. Quite a few small businesses come up via Google but Bobo's Timber Service comes up with nothing. Do we know how many people he employs approximately?

Well..that's you. And I'm glad that you feel you would be able to. But, no one really knows until they are in that position what they would do. For all I know, I'd be able to search, but I pray I never have to find out.

I don't think that article has any validity. I would believe a searcher saying they found it at 100 Eaton St. over a blog that says it was a mile further down the road.

Green, where does Dana Bobo run his business? I have a strange feeling that this guy is or was employed by him at one point. Quite a few small businesses come up via Google but Bobo's Timber Service comes up with nothing. Do we know how many people he employs approximately?

ONE as i saw
addy is his home

What makes no sense to me is why would this person just drop the cell phone or any other item for that fact in a place where it could be found so easily? Why not just throw all the things that could connect to Holly in a pond, lake, etc? It makes no sense to just throw things all over the local area.

What makes no sense to me is why would this person just drop the cell phone or any other item for that fact in a place where it could be found so easily? Why not just throw all the things that could connect to Holly in a pond, lake, etc? It makes no sense to just throw things all over the local area.

Im not so sure its a cell phone!

LOL Stop.

Anyway, I know the blogger isn't the most reliable source but really, what else belongs to Holly that could be a huge piece of the puzzle? If she had an iphone or an elaborate cell, the info that can be gained if something is there would be significant.

Pure speculation but if it was a phone and if it was an iphone, it tracks usage.

"The news that the iPhone secretly tracks and records the location data of its users came as a shock to many, but it turns out security researchers have known about it for some time."

http://www.livescience.com/13860-iphone-tracking-truth.html

Wow...this RSO sure does seem interesting....is RSO in Benton Co. which is north of Decatur. I'll have to look at the map to see if you would take 69 to get there....BUT....currently in Jackson (Henderson Co.) for stalking two women in malls and making inappropriate sexual comments to them and also being publicly indecent....AND Dickson has pending charges of indecency, simple assault and attempted kidnapping...!!!!....Dickson county is due North of Hickman County where HS's attacker was frightened off in January. A possibility for sure

This man has been ruled out as a suspect per statements made by LE and published in the Jackson Sun, only last Friday, I do believe. I am certain of the statement, not of the link. It's the article that details everyone with their various injuries and illnesses that are helping in the search, and was at the top of the second page of that article. He is not related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni