Can I block the "Private Forums"?

Another issue I can see is those whom are checking from a cell phone - on a 4 inch (if that big) screen that would be awful!

I use the new posts (when I finish my subscribed under usercp) to check for movement in a case. I can't tell you how many times just scanning the new posts has alerted me to movement in a case or a case that was just breaking, etc. So I use the new posts as my secondary tool but I know I would love it if the games were not included as often times my time is limited and I can have several pages in new posts covering a few hours - when without games posts I would be able to be more efficient in my obsessive news junkie ways!

I see this not as a complaint but as a way we could individually work more productive. If we are each more productive, then that gives our kids and cases more time -- and that is always good!

I also wanted to thank for looking into this -- if there is a way, I bet will find it when the holidays are over!

No worries and not taken as a complaint ANJ;any and all constructive input is always welcome.

All right, it's installed. Go to your Options page and follow the instructions:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

:great: I just knew you were going to give us a present! LOL Thank you, I just did it- went straight to new post and no games (the one I picked) NONE - ZIP - ZILCH -Zadda! <------- sorry, that was my happy productive dance!

:great: THANK you!!!!!!!!!!!

Which particular resource do you feel is currently being burned?
I don't know; was just surmising.

Example: say there's 400 "new posts" and my page is set to 25 posts per page. Say there's 200 posts in forums that I wish to exclude. Without excluding them, it would take 16 clicks to access the posts. By excluding them, it would take 8 clicks.

And this difference in number of clicks/accesses would apply to all users who use the "exclude forums" feature (but is obviously variable depending on which forums are excluded, the number of posts in each of those forums, among other things).

So I figured it would take more system resources to access 400 posts than 200 posts. :)

In any case, thanks so much for setting it up! I noticed a big improvement in my time spent and scrolling pleasure. :)

May I add a whine to this quirky thread? I hate, that is HATE, not being able to see the latest post in the Parking Lot because it ALWAYS shows a scanner post. I wish the scanner stuff was split off somehow so that the people who love it can see it easily and those of us grinches who hate it can NEVER see it again. Oh,,,,and,,,let's add a poll to see where this thread ranks in the quest for world peace and health care! :) just joking...love you guys! still hate the scanner stuff.

May I add a whine to this quirky thread? I hate, that is HATE, not being able to see the latest post in the Parking Lot because it ALWAYS shows a scanner post. I wish the scanner stuff was split off somehow so that the people who love it can see it easily and those of us grinches who hate it can NEVER see it again. Oh,,,,and,,,let's add a poll to see where this thread ranks in the quest for world peace and health care! :) just joking...love you guys! still hate the scanner stuff.
just read the thread and you can fix it yourself. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back