Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
two types of trains go on those tracks right? Amtrak and CSX. if she got dumped ina CSX container, who knows where that is, and how many days before someone opens it

I was thinking more that she could have fallen over the bridge railing and into a container if she was inebriated , maybe her purse landed elsewhere and somebody picked it up and rifled through it before dropping it again in that lot.

just another theory.

my full theory would be: she was wasted, being difficult with friends perhaps? I think she went outside because maybe she was getting sick throwing up and the bathrooms were packed. she ends up outside wandering around after she can't get back in, maybe looking for the car? falls over the bridge railing into a container of passing train.

I'm beginning to think, as others have suggested, that she was actually kicked out of the concert.

She tells her friends that she is going to the restroom, but before or after heading to the restroom (with her purse), she moves around the arena taking pictures [or she just tells her friends that she is going to take some pictures].

In the course of taking pictures, she falls. Security sees her fall, determines that she is impaired, presents a potential liability and removes her from the arena. Perhaps this is why LE didn't want anyone to know that she fell. MH starts crying because she is forced to leave. Once outside, she is in a bad mood. She later talks to her friends who suggest ways to get back in the arena. MH does not want to ruin the concert for her friends so she tells them no to worry about her if she doesn't get back inside; she will either wait for them or find a ride from a friend in Charlottesville.

UVa better hope these are not the true facts.
I remember last week someone posted a myspace of someone who worked at the arena that night and had an interaction with MH. Here's the comment from a friend on his MS. It sounds more interesting now that it has been reported that she was injured.
Oct 20 2009 11:20 AM

Yeah, I heard about that on the news, it's so terrible! I echo your thoughts that she'll be found safe, and soon...try not to beat yourself up about it too much. You couldn't have known how things would turn out, and even though I wasn't there that night, I know that when you're on duty, you always perform above and beyond what is asked or expected. Certainly, her interaction with you provided a positive impact. Whether you realise it or not, you definitely leave an impression on everyone you meet. You have an uncanny ability to reach out to people and empathise with them, no matter what their issue is or how well you know them. It's your gift. All I know for sure is that of all people, you were the best RMC staff member she could have come across this weekend. Try to take comfort in the fact that you did all you could for her, considering you can't see the future. :::hugs::: Much love, always!
http://www.myspace.com/silverity

another thing to think about is if she did get kicked out she may have for whatever reason been embarassed and told her friend on the phone that she had accidently walked outside and could not get back in.

Also earlier it might have been in one of the previous threads I think someone posted a link to comments maybe by someone who was thought to have worked security about how he felt guilty and someone else had commented about how he was just doing his job etc. At the time I thought it seemed like more guilt than necessary for simply not letting her back in. But I could see it fitting more if he had actually kicked her out, which I assume would be much more of a judgement call on his part. Just to be clear I'm just thinking out loud here I have no reason or verifiable facts to back this up it's just one possibility so take it with a grain of salt.+

EDIT: haha someone is thinking like me the above post has the info i was referring to.

About the male's myspace. Not to say that he seems like a suspect or anything, but I noticed is ethnicity said Native American. Weren't there posts earlier in this thread about a "reading" that felt strongly a male involved was of darker skin, maybe hispanic or native american???

Complete shot in the dark here, but that just stuck out to me.

If I remember correctly the security guard said he only talked to Morgan when she was trying to get back into the arena. He said he did not see her exit the arena.

If I got into a such a bad fight with my friends that I decided on storming out of a concert I'd been been very excited to see, the first thing I would do is demand my keys back and tell them to find their own ride home! I sure wouldn't leave my car with them. And I think it'd be very unlikely that it would slip my mind that they had my keys -- in fact, that's the first thing that would come to mind when my friends were misbehaving. "I let you drive my car/gave everyone a lift up here, and you're being nasty to me? No way. Give me my keys."

Now, if the friends then refused to give me the keys (maybe because I was intoxicated?)... my anger would go supernova. But you know what? At that point, I'd definitely call other friends to complain/arrange for help in getting the keys back after the concert/vent my disbelief/whatever. (And the whole "nine" was not at the concert, right? So maybe, at that age, I'd also call to shore up support in case it turned into a group-splintering feud.) Either way, I would not simply walk off in merry unconcern, leaving my car with people who had just behaved badly toward me.

So... if she did have a fight with her friends, I think the possibilities for why she left the arena (without her keys, and perhaps after contacting...who?) potentially grow murkier and even more confusing.
IM so confused.

Was it HER CAR at the arena?

Her dad bought the group's tickets IIRC;

they took her car there?

and SHE'S the one out in the cold? what? WHA?

????

"2. Sorry how on earth can anyone be the least bit surprised that MH's brother has had her photo up on his profile from day 1? I would be surprised if he hadn't!! I think perhaps the person who posted this does not realise that on Facebook it is quite the norm to have a profile picture of a landscape, a favourite thing, your lovely little daughter, your favourite political candidate, your pet dog, your hubby, and your missing or recently lost loved one."
The above by Waddles
==================================================================

So to get right to the meat of this..yes I was suprised that a gay stylist in New York would have his beautiful young sister on his Facebook page. I am still suprised. I would suspect he would have the poster picture showing her missing like most of her friends are showing on the Facebook page. I realize people put their dogs, trees and grandchildren...but how often do we see the above. Call me crazy but I thought it odd.

By the way brother dearest has been curled up in her bed this past week trying to seek answers. Thats why we haven't seen him. Plus I am sure they are "protecting" him.

I remember somewhere reading where a ticket taker at the local airport remembered the pretty blonde Morgan taking a flight to New York to bring food to her brother because groceries were sooo expensive in New York and I thought..huh. Surely a check would do. No way would I want to send pretty Morgan into all...that.

i do not want to sound argumentative so please do not take this as such but in regard to morgans brother... he is innocent in this and being gay has nothing to do with this matter, calling him brother dearest is sort of snarky and i dont think it is the right thing to do. if he wants to sleep in her bed, so what? cut him some slack, his sister is missing and most likely dead, how should he act?

I keep thinking of the car and how it is sitting in the parents driveway. If it was at the concert and maybe Morgan went and sat in it with somebody wouldn't the LE keep it and want to check it out. Just something I am thinking of.

Eyespeeled I understand the love in taking the food but don't understand what danger Morgan might be placed in with..her brother. He is a different sort and her parents being so conservative they would have bought the ticket. I am just suprised at everything I guess. lol

WTH? what about him puts her in danger to the point that she shouldnt visit her own brother?

one of the witnesses who saw her fall stated they saw her taking pics higher up in the section then later, she was lower in the section and took a nasty spill over some edge, falling behind a black curtain..so if she hit her chin then landed on her face this would work out. but then where does the friend kiss come in and how come they didnt go with her if she fell and had blood- altho the people seeing her said it didnt look like she was with anyone? maybe she changed sections...but they say she was stoned...yeah and for all posters who say they go potty alone, do also fall/bleed and cleanup alone, or not even call and be like i fell?

If I tripped and got a bloody nose, I'd be embarrassed and would go clean it up myself.

Which makes me think...

Let's assume for a moment that she's not loaded - maybe a little drunk or high, but still thinking somewhat rationally. She falls/trips and gets a bloody nose. Goes into ladies room and tries to clean up, but nose doesn't want to stop bleeding, or she had blood on her clothes.

She goes outside, planning to clean up/change and return - either she forgets about the no reentry policy, or she's been to these events before and assumes she can sweet-talk her way back in.

She goes out to the car (despite the speculation, I've seen no evidence that she couldn't get in the car - it could have been unlocked, or she could have had a second set of keys) either to get another shirt, get a first-aid kit, or even just to sit and put her head back and get the bleeding stopped. Once she's "fixed up", she tries to go back in, and can't get in.

At that point, she goes wandering around and gets into trouble.

I hope someone checks the car (if they ever figure out which car!) for traces of blood.

I hear this comment all the time from kids who grow up in various places and post college move to a large urban area. There are a bunch or rock songs/ movies about this very thing. I've heard this even more expressed by people who are homosexual or for some other reason live a life style that draws much less attention in a big city. So I personally don't find this odd at all, but that’s just me. I had a bunch of friends who headed to LA/SF/NY as soon as they graduated cause they wanted to be where the ‘action’ was and the all expressed this sort of sentiment.

Furthermore if you are suggesting some sort of family issue if he went to uva he most likely hadn't lived at home (except maybe summers) for 4 years. Regardless of where he ended up post graduation it more than likely would not have been at mom and dad’s so I'm not sure what clue could be in this statement. I think in light of this it make it much more likely this refer to the area and the demographic of the area he lived in than anything to do with his family.

I of course could be totally wrong but this is how I see it. I think this is much more likely some random act of violence that has nothing to do with the lifestyle of her or her family other than her actions on that particular night (which are not that uncommon for a college student) made her an easier target.
All I gathered from that is that he didn't say that he was from virginia. (I thought he was; My bad if I'm miistaken.) ...and that he wanted to get out for whatever reason he had.

I wasn't trying to imply anything else.

my theory, she ends up by the bridge. Some good old boys from the hills outside of cville are hanging around partying. they see her walking invite her to party with them or offer a ride. Take her rob her things and leave the purse. I'd be looking about ten to twenty miles outside of cville along ravines, roadsides. Starting with Route 250 or south down route 29 along the roads. It's a long shot but I'm thinking thats where she'll be found.

my theory, she ends up by the bridge. Some good old boys from the hills outside of cville are hanging around partying. they see her walking invite her to party with them or offer a ride. Take her rob her things and leave the purse. I'd be looking about ten to twenty miles outside of cville along ravines, roadsides. Starting with Route 250 or south down route 29 along the roads. It's a long shot but I'm thinking thats where she'll be found.

Welcome, sesenin.

I have been thinking about the Afton Mountain area (about 30 minutes away for the non-locals). Do you think that is a possiblity? Do you think LE has searched there or on the routes you mention? Just wondering how far out the search has gone...if it has gone anywhere, that is.

Wow that was quite a hike she took in the dark all alone.

We walked it the other day and granted I am 20 years older than Morgan and a lot of pounds heavier...but I needed to sit and take a break when we got to the RV park. Even my 12 year old daughter was a little winded. And - when you add 40 degree temps, maybe rain and a min-skirt and boots...then it seems like a really long way.

In the dark.... alone.... in the cold... in the rain (light rain but rain)... in heels.... and all of it not absolutley necessary when she could have waited and gone back with whom she came..... unless there was an extremely compelling reason not to.

(And especially if she left her own car there at the arena - which Im still confused about btw)

I think Soulscape was talking about NNW direction, 20 - 27 miles.

What area would that be?

IDK, maybe Im way off here, but somehow I dont think a petite attractive young woman would be at the top of the list of folks to be tossed out for "making a scene" or whatever.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member