Found Deceased Canada - Lachlan Cranswick, 41, Deep River near Ottawa ON, 18 Jan 2010 - #6

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2010/09/18/15396581.htmlAn American nuclear

scientist and his wife face life in prison if convicted of trying to sell atomic bomb-building

secrets to an FBI agent posing as a representative of the Venezuela government

Mascheroni's wife, a U.S. citizen who worked as a technical writer at LANL from 1981 to 2010, also had access to restricted data, the justice department said.

According to the indictment, Mascheroni had a series of conversations in March 2008 with an undercover FBI agent posing as a Venezuelan government official.

During these conversations, Mascheroni discussed his program for developing nuclear weapons for Venezuela.

Among other things, Mascheroni allegedly said he could help Venezuela develop a nuclear bomb within 10 years and that, under his program, Venezuela would use a secret, underground nuclear reactor to produce and enrich plutonium, and an open, above-ground reactor to produce nuclear energy

Thank you, dotr. IMO that news item will bear watching to see what develops. Sounds like another stick, real or made up, to beat Venezuela with.

I've studied a lot about the history of those known as G-Men. It's true they've done a lot of good work, but they also have a lot of dirt under their lumpy carpet. As for the department referenced, true justice seldom visits there anymore, as can be evidenced by their products during the last 10 years. (IMO).

Do we have among us an expert on odds and probabilities ? If so, I have a question for you:

What are the odds of a big river giving up on the same day 2 male bodies (at 7:00 a.m. by a fisherman; at 4:00 pm. by 2 canoeists), both badly decomposed, both of slight build, both dressed in unseasonably warm clothing, both between the ages of 30 and 40, and both sent to the same facility for forensic testing?

Just askin'.

Do we have among us an expert on odds and probabilities ? If so, I have a question for you:

What are the odds of a big river giving up on the same day 2 male bodies (at 7:00 a.m. by a fisherman; at 4:00 pm. by 2 canoeists), both badly decomposed, both of slight build, both dressed in unseasonably warm clothing, both between the ages of 30 and 40, and both sent to the same facility for forensic testing?

Just askin'.

Well i'm no expert, but Yeah !! As conspiratorial as it may sound, some of us have pondered from very early on that possibly it was LC's body that was retrieved the morning/afternoon of June 11 in the proximity of the PM's residence and the NRC building in Ottawa, and this fact is being withheld from the public for whatever reason.

The public has seen the one isolated photo (whether taken by a reporter or provided by LE?) of the June 11 body retrieval in Ottawa, but none surrounding the June 11 retrieval of LC's body in DR later in the day. Surely, to the media, the body recovery of a notable Canadian scientist would be more noteworthy than that of an as yet unidentified, unfortunate invidivual.

Maybe it was publicized that the body was recovered in DR (sans witnesses?) because it wouldn't look so good to have the body of a Canadian scientist from one of the world's nuclear facilities show up around the PM's house on the eve of the G8/20? ... OR in the event any groups or individuals subsequently claimed responsibility, LE and the perps would be the only ones to KNOW for certain where the body was located.

Off to polish foily hat ;)

As you may recall, Robert "Bubba" Verch of Eganville died under mysterious circumstances not long after LC disappeared. His death occurred shortly before he was due to appear in court as a witness in this trial, which has resumed:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/story_print.html?id=3544218&sponsor=

http://www2.canada.com/ottawacitize....html?id=2e7b934c-ea1e-43ed-b366-32eda920476c

Sometimes people are in the wrong place at the wrong time:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Dramatization+realtor+murder+nets+tips/3545589/story.html

Well i'm no expert, but Yeah !! As conspiratorial as it may sound, some of us have pondered from very early on that possibly it was LC's body that was retrieved the morning/afternoon of June 11 in the proximity of the PM's residence and the NRC building in Ottawa, and this fact is being withheld from the public for whatever reason.

The public has seen the one isolated photo (whether taken by a reporter or provided by LE?) of the June 11 body retrieval in Ottawa, but none surrounding the June 11 retrieval of LC's body in DR later in the day. Surely, to the media, the body recovery of a notable Canadian scientist would be more noteworthy than that of an as yet unidentified, unfortunate invidivual.

Maybe it was publicized that the body was recovered in DR (sans witnesses?) because it wouldn't look so good to have the body of a Canadian scientist from one of the world's nuclear facilities show up around the PM's house on the eve of the G8/20? ... OR in the event any groups or individuals subsequently claimed responsibility, LE and the perps would be the only ones to KNOW for certain where the body was located.

Off to polish foily hat ;)

Well, I'm no expert either, SB, but I'll tell ya this: No way would I bet my 2 coppers on events happening as they were reported ... er, with belated corrections and revisions, that is.

After some lengthy consideration of the Orwellian legislation detailed in my #18 above, I decided to reverse engineer some of the reports put forth in the media for the public's edification. Frankly, to me the whole picture makes more sense that way.

As a long-time patron of the High-Reception Haberdashery, I can recommend their Newt Oil for obtaining the finest polish on foily headgear. They do warn against overpolishing, though, when no problems have been experienced with reception.

:crazy:

As you may recall, Robert "Bubba" Verch of Eganville died under mysterious circumstances not long after LC disappeared. His death occurred shortly before he was due to appear in court as a witness in this trial, which has resumed:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/story_print.html?id=3544218&sponsor=

http://www2.canada.com/ottawacitize....html?id=2e7b934c-ea1e-43ed-b366-32eda920476c

Sometimes people are in the wrong place at the wrong time:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Dramatization+realtor+murder+nets+tips/3545589/story.html

I particularly noticed that everyone in the town scoffs, but they ain't talkin'.

Hey, Tara!! Been missing you and your little doggie. Good to see you here! (No smilies were offered, but I'd have chosen a special one for you.)

d dawg 2

hiya dawgie! :blushing:

been chcking in for the autopsy report revealing Lachlan's COD...

i can't believe we still got nothing!

:waitasec:

Just askin'.

I'm no expert...but I found this:

What are the chances?

Experts & all joking aside - IMO, the chances of 2 males bodies both found in the ottawa river on the same day, both badly decomposed, dressed for cold weather, of relatively the same age and being sent to same destination for testing - are at best slim to none!

Lachlan - people are still searching for answers - you are so worthy!

I'm no expert...but I found this:

What are the chances?

Experts & all joking aside - IMO, the chances of 2 males bodies both found in the ottawa river on the same day, both badly decomposed, dressed for cold weather, of relatively the same age and being sent to same destination for testing - are at best slim to none!

Lachlan - people are still searching for answers - you are so worthy!

Awesome, Tara! I had read of the Adams and Jefferson 'coincidence'. I guess we've all had some weird things happen in our own experiences. Mine have all been good ones.

Adams and Jefferson also aside...

The 2 bodies alone may be considered merely coincidential, however the additional variables (date, condition, clothing, age, destination) decrease the chances of such imo.

A-ha, it seems sometimes there is no such thing as a coinkydinkle.

The 2 bodies alone may be considered merely coincidential, however the additional variables (date, condition, clothing, age, destination) decrease the chances of such imo.

Speaking of coincidences...Deborah Rashotte of Belleville died under mysterious circumstances shortly before she was due to appear in court as a witness in an assault trial. She was last seen on January 23, 2010. Deborah was reported missing by her family on February 11, 2010 after LE showed up to issue her a subpoena to appear in court as a witness. She was later found dead in the Moira River.

Not unlike Robert "Bubba" Verch, she had told her friends that someone was after her. RV had told his children's nanny not to let them go outside after dark. He also told his friends that he had seen someone he shouldn't have seen at a meeting or gathering. He died on February 10, 2010 in a vehicle fire.

Hang on a sec:

http://www2.canada.com/ottawacitize...l?id=2e7b934c-ea1e-43ed-b366-32eda920476c&p=2

Peterborough...isn't that where Dana Tkachenko is from? She disappeared under mysterious circumstances in late December and was found in the Ottawa River on the exact same day (more or less) as LC. She was supposedly found in Ottawa.

And one of the people involved in this trial is from Pembroke, very near DR. Hmmm.

Lately when I log-in I've noticed new names as members. For the benefit of those new members and guests, I'm re-posting the original article with picture as it appeared on 06/11/2010 before the peculiar changes in the article occurred. I am grateful to those who originally posted the picture here at WS, IMO you provided us with possibly the most valuable piece of evidence we have proof of. We should not let it get lost back in the threads.

CTV Ottawa

Man's body pulled from the Ottawa River
A man's body was pulled from the Ottawa River near the Ottawa Rowing Club, Friday, June 11, 2010.

A man's body was pulled from the Ottawa River near the Ottawa Rowing Club, Friday, June 11, 2010.

Updated: Fri Jun. 11 2010 2:52:32 PM

ctvottawa.ca

Investigators are reviewing their missing persons' file after a man's body was pulled from the Ottawa River near the prime minister's home Friday morning.

A fisherman who saw the body floating in the river near 24 Sussex Dr. reported the discovery at about 7 a.m.

Police say the body had already started decomposing, indicating it had been in the water for a long time.

Police say it may take a few days to determine the man's identity and cause of death.

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100611/OTT_Body_100611/20100611/?hub=OttawaHome

:beagle:

Yooo-Hoooo, Hazel, HELP. No matter what I do I cannot get that picture to post. Will you please fix it for me? Thank you.

Speaking of coincidences...Deborah Rashotte of Belleville died under mysterious circumstances shortly before she was due to appear in court as a witness in an assault trial. She was last seen on January 23, 2010. Deborah was reported missing by her family on February 11, 2010 after LE showed up to issue her a subpoena to appear in court as a witness. She was later found dead in the Moira River.

Not unlike Robert "Bubba" Verch, she had told her friends that someone was after her. RV had told his children's nanny not to let them go outside after dark. He also told his friends that he had seen someone he shouldn't have seen at a meeting or gathering. He died on February 10, 2010 in a vehicle fire.

Hang on a sec:

http://www2.canada.com/ottawacitize...l?id=2e7b934c-ea1e-43ed-b366-32eda920476c&p=2

Peterborough...isn't that where Dana Tkachenko is from? She disappeared under mysterious circumstances in late December and was found in the Ottawa River on the exact same day (more or less) as LC. She was supposedly found in Ottawa.

And one of the people involved in this trial is from Pembroke, very near DR. Hmmm.

Here's a question: At what point did the OPP get involved in LC's case? How much of a role did they play? It's my impression that local LE in Deep River led the LC investigation. Meanwhile, OPP in the area would have had the RV investigation on their hands. What are the chances that RV's death would have taken precedence?

I understand that one of the local LE officers in Deep River was a former staff sergeant (with awards for bravery) with the Upper Ottawa Valley OPP in Petawawa, and a former soldier at CFB Petawawa. He was also head of security at AECL, then joined the Deep River police around the same time as the police chief's daughter, who is a rookie. With one of their own in DR, could the OPP have left LC's case to the locals, confident that their involvement need only be peripheral? Not sure how various LE jurisdictions work there, or how the investigation was handled by various levels of LE.

This may seem like an odd question, but does anyone know how common it is for former DR AECL employees to take up alternate careers in the pursuit of more estoric fulfillment, say, involving the advancement of sensual pleasures and marketing certain clothing items to people with particular specific inclinations? Just askin'.

Not involving anyone named above.

Lately when I log-in I've noticed new names as members. For the benefit of those new members and guests, I'm re-posting the original article with picture as it appeared on 06/11/2010 before the peculiar changes in the article occurred. I am grateful to those who originally posted the picture here at WS, IMO you provided us with possibly the most valuable piece of evidence we have proof of. We should not let it get lost back in the threads.

CTV Ottawa

Man's body pulled from the Ottawa River

Updated: Fri Jun. 11 2010 2:52:32 PM

ctvottawa.ca

Investigators are reviewing their missing persons' file after a man's body was pulled from the Ottawa River near the prime minister's home Friday morning.

A fisherman who saw the body floating in the river near 24 Sussex Dr. reported the discovery at about 7 a.m.

Police say the body had already started decomposing, indicating it had been in the water for a long time.

Police say it may take a few days to determine the man's identity and cause of death.

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100611/OTT_Body_100611/20100611/?hub=OttawaHome

:beagle:

Yooo-Hoooo, Hazel, HELP. No matter what I do I cannot get that picture to post. Will you please fix it for me? Thank you.

No problem DD2 (see Pic #3), will also include the screenshots that were posted on Dana's thread, even though we knew it was not Dana, but at the time I didn't know where to post those screenshots.
Just to clarify, Dana was found around the exact same area the previous day, June 10th, 2010; it was not a sunny day.

Here are the screeshots of that area, the trees are there, and to account for the trees on the foreground, perhaps the photographer took the picture from the road.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pic #3
470_ott_body_blue_tarp_100611.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5534285#post5534285
ETA: the RCMP (in British Columbia) News Release re Dana Tkachenko: http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=50&contentId=16145

I'm not sure we've seen this pic of Lachlan before. It was taken at EMC 20 in Krakow, 2001 at the Pasternik ... a "military training place":

CranswickLachlan-Krakow2001atthePasternik.jpg

Are those really blue suspenders? Gotta luv LC

Thanks so much, Hazel, for posting the picture that was in the article I posted above, also for the other pics as they give a different perspective.

I'm not sure we've seen this pic of Lachlan before. It was taken at EMC 20 in Krakow, 2001 at the Pasternik ... a "military training place":

-- Snipped, with respect.--

No, sorry, it appears to be a blue bag, like another man in the photo is carrying. Two questions: who is that man in the navy sweatshirt with logo? I've seen him before. And do you think Piotr Drabik or his father Jozef might have attended?

Speaking of Piotr Drabik, this came up when I started searching ECM, a mirage:

http://www.di.unipi.it/~drabik/

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz15/sillybillyyyy/CranswickLachlan-Krakow2001atthePasternik.jpg

Suspenders? LOL SB. Yep, I had seen that pic.
I always wondered (and am still wondering) why all the DR Curling&Squash Club links are re-directed to the main page. I am sure you haven't seen these pics? Just click on each pic to enlarge. Too bad Lachlan is not in any of those :( , he must have been the one behind the camera. If I shouldn't have posted following link, let me know and I'll delete it. There's more links, but I haven't had the time to look at them all.
http://web.archive.org/web/20080314225255/lachlan.bluehaze.com.au/drcsc/images/2004/12feb2004/index.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back