LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that MS could have gotten to the checkpoint at/near Cullens without being seen on video?

If she would have travelled that far down Johnston, I would assume there would be more video of her since Johnston is lined with businesses. I don't know though.

I don't recall seeing or hearing that either.

We've heard about the WB search and that was a big media thing, so if any other significant searches were made you'd think the media would have been on it. Pardon my feelings, but I don't think that much has been done in terms of active searching by LE. I get the feeling they are waiting for the big tip and letting volunteers search, and of course TES when they were here. Would like to ask one of the media outlets in Lafayette whether they know what active searches LE has been involved in. From my own experience, I have come to understand that government and police are just other job categories.

I want to KNOW, why is Mickey Shunick not on any missing persons LE sites in Lafayette, LA? I want an explanation, pronto. Who is in charge of doing this?

I'm not sure what that HelloLafayette site was, but it appeared that they only had kids listed. Also is you scroll down you can see some crime stats from colleges in the state but no mention of UL Lafayette...)

If she would have travelled that far down Johnston, I would assume there would be more video of her since Johnston is lined with businesses. I don't know though.

Is it confirmed that LE checked for footage for Mickey's whole assumed and alternate routes?

I guess they have.........but still.

Great map. What we know from the map is that MS left BW's house on her bike and that she was safe from that point to the 1:48am video. 3 minutes or less, maybe! Wish there would be more investigation into the call made that night about someone hear screams. Since MS wasn't reported missing until well after the screams were reported, am hoping LE didn't just choose not to consider this as a possible piece of the case. They often do have their own mindset and are unwilling to waver! Wish media could find out who reported the screams and give us the info. I think it is significant.

Every time I look at that map, I think she turned on Brashear.

As long as I'm being a moron...why, again, does anyone think she didn't go straight down (up?) Congress if she was going straight home?

I missed a lot of stuff, sorry. I can't keep up.

I'd like to clear up something from the last thread. A few people were discussing that Brettly Wilson is straight, and not gay, because he had an ex-girlfriend.

We know for a fact that Brettly Wilson dated a woman in the past, but you can't surmise that he's straight based upon that. Wilson stated that he and Mickey have been friends for three or four years, and that they became friends after he broke up with his ex-girlfriend, Mickey's friend.

In this video linked in this post, Brettly states that he and Mickey would jokingly try to see who could pick up guys more quickly. It seems pretty safe to say that Wilson is no longer entirely heterosexual, if he ever was.

Keep in mind that Wilson's breakup with his ex, and his subsequent friendship with Mickey, would have occurred around the time they graduated from high school and moved on to college.

LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17 - Page 9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This is interesting if you can hear him.

Searching for Mickey Shunick: Interview with Brettly Wilson

http://www.theadvertiser.com/videon...-Mickey-Shunick-Interview-with-Brettly-Wilson

I'm just catching up after reading some of the early morning posts, and there was a lot of discussion about LE releasing info to the public about evidence. Usually LE will refrain from revealing some crucial details about evidence to the public. That way, if a POI reveals knowledge about that evidence, it can help to implicate them in the crime. IMO, LE has some evidence that they are holding close to the vest, for that reason. Any forensics they glean from the bike may fall into that category. MOO

I found it odd that she was not listed on NamUs.

I have been told by other members here that it takes a while to get entered into NamUs. Gavin Smith just got added last week and he had been missing since May 1, so I expect she will be added in the next couple of weeks.

Is it confirmed that LE checked for footage for Mickey's whole assumed and alternate routes?

I guess they have.........but still.

Hopefully the PI will make his way along Johnston to check with businesses on any video that may exist. The DUI check is a whole new ball game as I see it.

Not to criticize any posters or posts, but I don't believe gender preference/selection should be an element of this missing person case. Thanks.

Good question. I don't even know where any are. There is a huge lot full of "stuff" near hubby's work, but I don't know if it's considered a landfill.
There's a dump/beginning landfill in Welsh, but that's in the other direction.

Not to criticize any posters or posts, but I don't believe gender preference/selection should be an element of this missing person case. Thanks.

I agree with you, and that's why I'm hoping the video will put a stop to any speculation that Wilson carried a torch or felt unrequited love for Mickey Shunick.

That seems to be the default assumption for many missing persons cases, but there's absolutely no evidence that it applies here.

I want to KNOW, why is Mickey Shunick not on any missing persons LE sites in Lafayette, LA? I want an explanation, pronto. Who is in charge of doing this?

For Mamamia... this is the only reference to the case I could find on the site you referred to in the previous thread.

http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677

You may also notice on the page in your previous link that right below the list of Endangered Runaways is a list of state college crime rates. Oddly enough University of Louisiana at Lafayette is not on that list either. There is possibly a very simple reason for this: according to several officers that have recently brought allegations against the dept and the city government, crime statistics have been altered to make the rates look lower. I'm not claiming to know whether or not that is true but KATC.com has covered it http://www.katc.com/search/?sterm=restraining+order&sbutton=Go. This, btw is not the only case with heavy allegations agaist the police dept, and not for just tampering with statistics. To my knowledge nothing else has been covered by the media, but it is all a matter of public record.

The security video was from inside a "structure" (business or house IMO) and caught a bit of the street OUTSIDE.

During the first week of the disappearance LPD Chief Craft was interviewed on "Mornings With Ken & Bernie" and was asked about a video that was located showing *someone* on a bicycle between the hours of 1:30am and 3:30am on May 19. (The video was also mentioned in the first Nancy Grace coverage.)

Chief Craft: “It’s very, very blurry. It’s video FROM inside a structure… so it’s very hard to see… because… the purpose of the video is to video inside the structure, not outside, … so it just so happened that you can sort of see the street. And it’s dark, and so you can’t make anything out.”

http://talkradio960.com/police-chief...hunick-search/

This may not be be Mickey, but is does tell me that LE are looking over all known videos with a fine tooth comb.

What if it is Mickey? And what if it's from closer to 3:30am?

What if she did stop somewhere in the area of Landry for an hour or more, then headed home closer to 3:30? What if something happened to her after 3:30? Or, what if that's somebody else on HER bike at 3:30ish?

I'm sure LE is looking into that. I wish we knew where that inside camera was.

I have been following from day one and I feel like I know less now that I did then sometimes. Anyways, refresh my memory: how do we know that Mickey didn't travel farther and was snatched closer to her home? Because she doesn't show up on cameras?
It seems like there are a lot of streets she could have taken to get back to her neighborhood that wouldn't have had cameras. TIA

Yes, this is the video I mentioned. Thank you for linking directly- I've used up my allotment for accessing articles from the Lafayette Advertiser without a subscription.

If I recall correctly, Wilson discusses his ex and orientation from about the 3-5 minute marks.

LOL yes im using up my time too!
He discuss alot! she has 2 horses all her animals he cries when she askes him why he let her go alone...he get mad saying the streets should be safe.
Dang when will these young adults realize there is only safety in numbers!
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And i do not think they had any kind of relationship but friendship but i do think he says his ex and Mickey were not getting along ill have to listen again its very hard to hear!

Oh and i do believe he does say his orientation!

But then again he has had GF's so

97° the predicted high for today in Lafayette. Quite hot for searching. Nevertheless: let this be the day.

I have been following from day one and I feel like I know less now that I did then sometimes. Anyways, refresh my memory: how do we know that Mickey didn't travel farther and was snatched closer to her home? Because she doesn't show up on cameras?
It seems like there are a lot of streets she could have taken to get back to her neighborhood that wouldn't have had cameras. TIA

Me, too.
I wish we knew more.
Where are you, Mickey? Praying for a break in this case....even something small will do for a bit- her purse, her ID, her wallet, etc. Something to lead us a little closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth