Sidebar Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think CA speaks out of both sides of her mouth. "Different laws would've helped her get custody of Caylee" when it's gets her donations. "Casey was the mother of the year" when it helps Casey. She wouldn't have needed to get custody of Caylee if Casey was mother of the year.
I never truly understood that "mission" statement.

Nah...Your not saying anything bad about her. I see you as standing up for the underdog personally.

ACK!! :what: Please don't see my comments as standing up for her - not at all! Just studying her lines of behaviour - we see lots of posters saying she never loved Caylee and hasn't grieved for her. And I don't agree with at least the first part....If you look at the pictures and track how she was constantly telling FCA to bring her home, etc., I think it's pretty evident she adored her. But how she dealt with FCA being charged with her murder is an entirely different story.

I wasn't defending her at all, but trying to look down the lines of the future from what we saw of her "present". In a weird way, I think CA would have been happier if FCA had been given LWOP....she tried so hard to believe it wasn't FCA who killed Caylee...and exhibited some really bizarre and illegal behavior, even when deep in her heart she must have known better.

And then I was trying to imagine her after the "show" was over - when all the action is over and there she is - alone. Things can't be great with her and George - he's got one huge "I told you so" to hold over her head. If CA is even breathing, how can she not be grieving the loss of that beautiful child now - in all that silence?

You all are too sweet.....ok, I am here......

So what do you all think about Barbara Wawa's comment about Jose being smart?

Well, I will go first. Yes, I can see where she might think that.....

He was smart enough to get someone more obviously guilty than OJ off. I would like to hear her elaboration of "smart" though.

JMO.

MUST have been taken out of context..... :waitasec:

:seeya: Yep, those are some of the ones I read even later last night, the guys' name could have been Peter or was it Luke? They were all over the map with all these ideas of where Caylee was, sounded like the same chinese firedrill-made me tired to read them, yep, complete nonsense, probably the reason I never read them before. Q. Were these people ever physically identified, the psychic and this Peter or Luke? - Yea, now it makes me think why that other PI was hired on the same day Caylee was found.

In hindsight now, I sure wish a bunch of the WB here could have been right in on the action, in person. I swear, if at least 10 of the women here got together in a group down there, if that were the case, I bet Caylee would have been found in less than a week. I'm not taking anything away from TM, I just think we'd be more wise than to buy into all the ideas, stories, insinuations about the innocents that were being accused,
BigMomma...we kinda were there...at least the ping maps that were created by some brilliant WSers were. And, IIRC, they were used. Unfortunately, there was confusion because the area where Caylee was found was so close to home.

ETA: guess we needed to heed Casey's own words. That's always bothered me. Especially when we hear the likes of GZ speaking in code. It must be something that lawyers tell their clients to do. Which, if it was code...guess who she was talking to?
I know, she made lame attempts to talk to Lee in code. it would be real interesting to know what the heck she was talking about. Lee seemed like he knew. Which, may not mean a whole lot.

BigMomma...we kinda were there...at least the ping maps that were created by some brilliant WSers were. And, IIRC, they were used. Unfortunately, there was confusion because the area where Caylee was found was so close to home.

ETA: guess we needed to heed Casey's own words. That's always bothered me. Especially when we hear the likes of GZ speaking in code. It must be something that lawyers tell their clients to do. Which, if it was code...guess who she was talking to?
I know, she made lame attempts to talk to Lee in code. it would be real interesting to know what the heck she was talking about. Lee seemed like he knew. Which, may not mean a whole lot.

I am still very puzzled about why the LE didn't search that area after it was obvious the kidnapping was a hoax. Mother's who kill their children are known to dispose of them close to home - and especially after inspecting the car trunk...it seems to me to be such an obvious place. How soon after the car inspection did the hurricane pass through? And why after Roy Kronk's first call didn't the LE hop to it and do a search?

That's always something I wonder about but then it's one of the few things I'm have a bit of a fuzzy memory about.

I know some pretty talented sleuthers provided some great information:rocker:. I was just saying as a group, being down there in the area. I only say this because you know how some women can be, with their insights and instincts, some are like bloodhounds and nothing gets past them. I'm not letting the guys loose on this one either, they are just as good, but some women, for some reason, have a built in bs detector and would not have paid attention to all the drama that was provided. Idk, but I never believed this nanny story from the moment I heard it, only because fca sounded like she was hiding a laugh while being on the phone with 911, I never heard tears.

:seeya: Yep, those are some of the ones I read even later last night, the guys' name could have been Peter or was it Luke? They were all over the map with all these ideas of where Caylee was, sounded like the same chinese firedrill-made me tired to read them, yep, complete nonsense, probably the reason I never read them before. Q. Were these people ever physically identified, the psychic and this Peter or Luke? - Yea, now it makes me think why that other PI was hired on the same day Caylee was found.

In hindsight now, I sure wish a bunch of the WB here could have been right in on the action, in person. I swear, if at least 10 of the women here got together in a group down there, if that were the case, I bet Caylee would have been found in less than a week. I'm not taking anything away from TM, I just think we'd be more wise than to buy into all the ideas, stories, insinuations about the innocents that were being accused,

As in she's close by and you'll be finding a body? after listening to Casey's first story about a nanny?

A recent horrific case in Toledo, OH, near where I live has a couple's baby found dead in a freezer by their landlord after they moved out. (http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2...-in-East-Toledo-freezer-ruled-a-homicide.html)

"After reviewing the coroner's findings on Tuesday, Dean Sparks, executive director of Lucas County Children Services, described the death as "one of the more heinous crimes against children that I've seen in my 30-plus years"

Sound familiar?

The baby was proven to be the child of this couple, was found in the freezer (months later) where they both resided and was determinted to be strangled soon after birth.

The couple is remaining silent. And despite obvious evidence and guilt, my concern is because no one saw the crime happen and the defense of one could blame the other and visa versa could there indeed be another jury who could...well you know....

I know some pretty talented sleuthers provided some great information:rocker:. I was just saying as a group, being down there in the area. I only say this because you know how some women can be, with their insights and instincts, some are like bloodhounds and nothing gets past them. I'm not letting the guys loose on this one either, they are just as good, but some women, for some reason, have a built in bs detector and would not have paid attention to all the drama that was provided. Idk, but I never believed this nanny story from the moment I heard it, only because fca sounded like she was hiding a laugh while being on the phone with 911, I never heard tears.

Oh, we had a bloodhound or two that would report back in on their searches. They were so good and kept us on pins and needles until they reported back in. One went searching behind a nearby church. One or the same went to the vacant house where the PIs were later taped ripping open black trash bags. These places were searched because we suspected FCA was hanging out there while pretending to be gainfully employed or watching for when GA left for work.

I am still very puzzled about why the LE didn't search that area after it was obvious the kidnapping was a hoax. Mother's who kill their children are known to dispose of them close to home - and especially after inspecting the car trunk...it seems to me to be such an obvious place. How soon after the car inspection did the hurricane pass through? And why after Roy Kronk's first call didn't the LE hop to it and do a search?

That's always something I wonder about but then it's one of the few things I'm have a bit of a fuzzy memory about.

The most worrisome thing to me was when Mr Bailey Dickens ( Hopespring drive neighbor) and later KioMarie Cruz told LE to go look in the exact area where Caylee was found- what happened? Did no one ever follow up on that?
This interview was one week after Caylee was reported 'missing'. Kiomarie
had a feeling that something much worse had happened to Caylee, obviously.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSBGyYFwtTk"]Joyce Bailey Dickens 7/22/08 (Anthony's Neighbor) - YouTube[/ame]

My recollection, and I believe JA mentioned it in his book - is that RK's tip went all the way to up to YM/Sgt. John A and they were under the impression that the area has been searched and cleared by TES. They had so many tips with sighting and many agencies working them that it was overwhelming. JA wrote something like - in the end, it was a mistake to rely on civilan searchers - good intentions but not trained LE. In hindsight, it may be easy to say how could they not go back? it seem so obvious now - but the fact is that they didn't and Caylee was left there for almost five more months. It bet it crushed them when they learned about the failings of OCSA Cain. She was finally found, and RK & LE gave Caylee the dignity she deserved. Strangers did that for her - not her family.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/06/casey-anthony-journal-book-deal

“Make no mistake, Casey will absolutely be releasing a book, it's just a matter of time. Casey feels this is the only way that she can get her story out and she feels that the public wants to hear from her. It's unlikely that Casey will have to submit a book proposal and her lawyer, Cheney Mason, has been in discussions with several different publishers, although the response from most has been lukewarm at best.

Well, there's always Ben Bella Books where JB paid for errrr "arranged" a book deal.....and where Rielle Hunter went too. Hmmmmmmmmm

New York publishers had said they were not interested in Hunter's book, citing her negative image, so it is instead being released through a Dallas-based boutique publisher, BenBella Books, on June 26.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-book-John-Edwards-lovers.html#ixzz1yO4o01rH

I will never forget sitting up all night with Fox news trucks running loud generators and live feed in that neighborhood all night while protestors filled the street pitchforks in hand. My hubby would pass by on his way to the fridge, stop and look for 2 seconds and say " I cannot belive this is happening in America"

I have to say I agree. Never in America have I seen the public act like the french did prior to the revolution and the local law enforcement stood by allowing this to happen. I guessed they were using the public to pressure the family so they could get to the bottom of this murder. I was stunned. It made for some very interesting TV I have to admit and even though I loathe the thought of all of them, I still think it might not have been right for Orange County to permit this but I do understand exactly why they did.

“Make no mistake, Casey will absolutely be releasing a book, it's just a matter of time. Casey feels this is the only way that she can get her story out and she feels that the public wants to hear from her. It's unlikely that Casey will have to submit a book proposal and her lawyer, Cheney Mason, has been in discussions with several different publishers, although the response from most has been lukewarm at best.

Well, there's always Ben Bella Books where JB paid for errrr "arranged" a book deal.....and where Rielle Hunter went too. Hmmmmmmmmm

New York publishers had said they were not interested in Hunter's book, citing her negative image, so it is instead being released through a Dallas-based boutique publisher, BenBella Books, on June 26.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-book-John-Edwards-lovers.html#ixzz1yO4o01rH

Saw this and it was news to me? I was only aware of that one diary where she might have been confessing and then the ajil house letters. But I saw Cindy diligently jotting away during the trial so im sure they will all have a book and still even after they are penned I bet you dollars to donuts we will not know the truth.

The most worrisome thing to me was when Mr Bailey Dickens ( Hopespring drive neighbor) and later KioMarie Cruz told LE to go look in the exact area where Caylee was found- what happened? Did no one ever follow up on that?
This interview was one week after Caylee was reported 'missing'. Kiomarie
had a feeling that something much worse had happened to Caylee, obviously.

Joyce Bailey Dickens 7/22/08 (Anthony's Neighbor) - YouTube

Interesting. The other day, I and my dh happened to meet with our lawyer. He is a bit elderly. I have not talked to a lawyer about this case in real life... so I had to ask him what he thought. His opinion was that it all boiled down to the police investigation and what they did or did not give to the prosecution. I was taken aback. But in hindsight, if anyone would have picked up ASAP that this was a murder and not a missing child case how differently things might have been!

Isn't it just a lovely paradox that she can plead the fifth in depos and yet shop a "tell all" book deal? Oh, the irony of it all.......

:jail:

WOW! Juicy, juicy. Can we find out why? :floorlaugh:

Just edited my post to add the pdf link to the stipulation. It details the aggravating and mitigating circumstances. Of particular note.....they indicate that misconduct is a pattern with him and that a client was harmed.Worth the read!!!!!!! It shows just how blatant he was in his misuse of funds.

And here is the decision...

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/courtDocs/06-O-14552-5.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members