Identified! CA - Moraga, Skeletal remains found in secluded area, Mar'17 - Richard Saimons

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
if it was found in seasonal creek, they couod have recently washed up with the rain we have gotten the past month. will wait to see if its male or female.

This is where I grew up. Going to poke around and see what I can find out.

This is where I grew up. Going to poke around and see what I can find out.

One of my ex-boyfriends went to school in this area...he mentioned drug dealers from Oakland will drive out to this area to dump bodies (I'm guessing because there's very little nighttime traffic, or some other mundane reason.)

Wow, so many cases going thru my mind. Wondering if this could possibly be Pearl Pinson.. I'm not even sure where Moraga is though...

Wow, so many cases going thru my mind. Wondering if this could possibly be Pearl Pinson.. I'm not even sure where Moraga is though...

North east bay... contra costa county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of things here.

This area is near suburban housing. As stated in the article, only accessible by foot or 4-wheel drive vehicle. But not what I would call rough terrain.

And... from the article listed by the OP..."currently there are no apparent signs of foul play, according to Moraga police." so we'll have to wait and see on this one.

Phillip Joseph Hughes Jr, a convicted killer was from this area and like any of us who grew up there, would know this area between the town of Rheem/Moraga and Lafayette very well (he lived near So. Lucille in Lafayette at one point so this made me think of him). I won't sidetrack the conversation with his murders now.

There's really not much to make of this until they identify the age or gender of the remains.

If anyone has questions about the specific region I'd be happy to answer. The area between So. Lucille and Rheem Blvd is an easy bike ride and we did it as kids all the time.

As far as Oakland drug dealers dumping bodies, I don't know if true or not. I certainly don't recall that happening. There's a lot of other places to do that than drive out to the suburbs.

Keeping an eye for word of identification but in the meantime, checked to see if Phillip Joseph Hughes Jr. had any possible victims that have not been identified and found this:

"Philip Hughes was convicted of three homicides, but I'm 100 percent positive he is responsible for much more than that," said Paul Holes, supervising criminalist for the Contra Costa Sheriff's forensic services division.

"For any unsolved case from the late 1960s until the time of his arrest (in 1980), he will be considered until he's eliminated as a person of interest."

"In 1980, Hughes was convicted of the 1974 stabbing death of 15-year-old Lisa Ann Beery of Oakland...Police found her body...buried on a Rheem hillside in July 1979."

That's in the vicinity of the latest discovery.

http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller_news/H/HUGHES_phillip_joseph_jr.php

I'll be watching for the identification.

[h=1]Skeletal remains identified as missing East Bay hiker[/h]
cct-lafsaimons-0719-01.jpg

After a recovered DNA sample was analyzed at the California Department of Justice’s laboratory in Richmond, the remains were later identified as Richard Allen Saimons, 37, who was reported missing to Lafayette police after hiking from his home on Aug. 2, 1998.

King said the family took the news hard.
“From what I understand, they were upset. This was a confirmation that their family member had passed away,” King said. “I’ve been part of many searches for missing folks. You hope and pray they’re found safe and sound, but that’s not always the case.
“Although this is not the outcome the family would have liked, fortunately, we’re able to bring them some closure and return him home to his family so he can have a proper burial.”
http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/07/18/skeletal-remains-identified-as-missing-east-bay-hiker/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back