Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is some of the transcripts from NG show lastnight:

Aired May 4, 2010 - 20:00:00

SNIPPED<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What more do we know tonight, John McNeill?

JOHN MCNEILL, NEWS DIRECTOR, WKZO NEWSRADIO: Well, we have learned from a filing for a search warrant for Douglas Stewart`s pickup that they may have a lot more evidence than they`ve talked about previous to this. We`re hearing about the discovery of a clear plastic packaging in the driveway that may have been used to cover a tarp.
We`re learning that they have the tire tracks taken from a field nearby, an eyewitness account of a pickup in a field nearby, with a white male crouching behind it about the time of the disappearance.
We`re hearing that -- or we`re reading in this request for a warrant that they want to match the tire patterns that they found in the field with the ones on Douglas Stewart`s pickup truck. That the general tread pattern is similar, but they need to match the actual tires.

This is all new information that we didn`t hear about before. The truck description matches the eyewitness account. It`s a crew cab, a four- wheel pickup truck, light in color, very similar to the Dodge Ram that Douglas Stewart drives.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

GRACE: Mr. And Mrs. McComb, joining us tonight. These are Venus Rose Stewart`s parents.

To Miss McComb. Miss McComb, when we`re talking about a white male crouched down beside a pickup truck with a crew cab, resembles a Dodge Ram, where is that field in relation to your home?

T. MCCOMB: Across the street like kitty corner in a vacant lot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRACE: Straight out to Sergeant Scott Haines, sheriff`s officer, Santa Rosa County, Florida.

Sergeant, what about the tread pattern? How often do you make those kind of comparisons?

SGT. SCOTT HAINES, SHERIFF`S OFFICER, SANTA ROSA COUNTY, FL.: Those type of comparisons are actually extremely helpful. Tires are very unique in the different nicks that they may have on them, the wear patterns, the placement on the vehicle, whether on the front or the real.

They`re all very unique depending on what type of abuse they`ve had, what they`ve hit. If you get a good tire impression, you can match it specifically up to any tire on a vehicle. So if they do have good tire impressions and they have the actual tire, they can definitely match up an identical tire.

GRACE: With us, Sergeant Scott Haines.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRACE: Ellie Jostad, weigh in.

JOSTAD: Nancy, we know that the husband claims that he`s been in Virginia the whole time but police are testing that truck, looking for any evidence that might have been in Michigan. They`re looking for soil, insects, fibers that would link it to Michigan.

GRACE: Back to Larry and Therese McComb, Venus Stewart`s parents. I know that you are keeping the children, the two little girls, safe. How are they without their mommy?

T. MCCOMB: They ask a lot about her. They don`t understand. The 5- year-old accidentally seen her on TV. And she said, why is mommy with daddy? She was scared. That scared her. She goes, why is mommy with daddy? She didn`t understand.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/04/ng.01.html

Ooooo I hope his fingerprints are all over that plastic packaging if they are he is TOAST !

Here is a pic of a 2005 Dodge Ram clubcab, quad cab:

2005_Dodge_Ram1500Quad_ext_1.jpg

Have the same thoughts about Douglas as I do with Josh P. Can you believe they are both still walking around? Although in this case, I believe an arrest will soon be made! I hope! moo

ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Authorities are out in Saint Joseph County, searching for Venus Stewart.

Michigan State Police in White Pigeon tell Newschannel 3 that teams are searching Adams Lake.

They are using side scan sonar to go through the water.

This is the same area where they conducted a foot search last week.

Stewart, a mother of two, has been missing over a week now.

Michigan State Police believe she may have been kidnapped from her parents' home in Colon Township.

Stewart's estranged husband lives in Virginia and has been questioned by authorities.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/stewart-1376081-state-joseph.html

Police dive team combs Adams Lake near Colon in search for Venus Stewart

May 05, 2010, 3:21PM

&#8220;We&#8217;re just looking for evidence of Venus Stewart&#8217;s disappearance,&#8221; Risko said.
While the dive team conducted its search Wednesday, Risko said MSP crime lab personnel were flying to Virginia to conduct searches of a Mercury sedan and Dodge Ram pickup truck that are both registered to Douglas Stewart.

Police obtained search warrants for the vehicles, which were being held Wednesday by Newport News police, the lieutenant said.

More at link...

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/police_dive_team_combs_adams_l.html

Just my opinion - but Venus suffered a brutal death at the hands of this horrible man. I hope LE nail him!!! moo

Are the children school age? If the husband did abduct Venus, why would he think she would come out of the house at that time of day? Maybe he was hoping to get a peek at the children and when Venus went outside, he couldn't help but confront her, wanting to talk to her. When she refused, he grabbed her just to talk and things went really wrong after that.

I have to assume it was light at that time of the morning. Abducting Venus in "broad daylight" is so strange to me.

It seems there's a better chance of this case getting solved than the Susan Powell - Josh Powell matter.

Are the children school age? If the husband did abduct Venus, why would he think she would come out of the house at that time of day? Maybe he was hoping to get a peek at the children and when Venus went outside, he couldn't help but confront her, wanting to talk to her. When she refused, he grabbed her just to talk and things went really wrong after that.

I have to assume it was light at that time of the morning. Abducting Venus in "broad daylight" is so strange to me.

It seems there's a better chance of this case getting solved than the Susan Powell - Josh Powell matter.
One of the children may be in kindergarten, but the other is too young for school.

Venus was taken right after her mother left the house for work that morning (Monday morning). Since the husband probably knew the family's schuedule, he knew the mother would be gone. Maybe he planned on knocking on the door and taking Venus, then she comes out and makes it easier for him.

two children, ages 3 and 5

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/missing_st_joseph_county_woman.html

One of the children may be in kindergarten, but the other is too young for school.

Venus was taken right after her mother left the house for work that morning (Monday morning). Since the husband probably knew the family's schuedule, he knew the mother would be gone. Maybe he planned on knocking on the door and taking Venus, then she comes out and makes it easier for him.

It just seems so brazen, especially since the stepfather was home! I do think I read the area where she was isn't visible from the house though.

I had a boyfriend who would have done something like that and I was terrified of him. I had to leave the town I grew up with and the only people who knew where I went were my parents, sister and my cousin. Nobody else in town knew. This stalker would drive to my parents home every day to check the mail box, hide in the bushes and wait around the corner in a car.

One time, I hid at the neighbor's house when my parents weren't home and when I wouldn't answer the door, he crawled in a bedroom window and waited there all night. (My parents were out of town.)

Back then, people just didn't call the police and weren't aware of what stalking was.

I was told that I would never be able to hide from this man. Fortunately, I got away before I ended up dead!

It just seems so brazen, especially since the stepfather was home! I do think I read the area where she was isn't visible from the house though.

I had a boyfriend who would have done something like that and I was terrified of him. I had to leave the town I grew up with and the only people who knew where I went were my parents, sister and my cousin. Nobody else in town knew. This stalker would drive to my parents home every day to check the mail box, hide in the bushes and wait around the corner in a car.

One time, I hid at the neighbor's house when my parents weren't home and when I wouldn't answer the door, he crawled in a bedroom window and waited there all night. (My parents were out of town.)

Back then, people just didn't call the police and weren't aware of what stalking was.

I was told that I would never be able to hide from this man. Fortunately, I got away before I ended up dead!
I'm sorry you had to go through that. I guess until you have met someone like this, it's hard to imagine what lengths they would go to.

Venus made a will out three weeks before this abduction, according to her parents. She filed for an order of protection in February, stating that she was afraid for her life.

Her father was home asleep, it sounded like he might work a night shift, but I am not sure.

A thread has been opened in the Scanner Forum for those who would like to discuss what is being heard over the scanner.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please note that we do not post what is heard on the public forum for reasons of privacy and possible misinterpretations of what we hear. Thank you!

And may Venus be located right away! :praying:

Questions:

Does Doug have relatives living near Venus' parents?

Where were the two vehicles found?

Did Venus have possession of one of the vehicles after she left Doug or did he have possession of both vehicles before Venus disappeared?

Who is providing the alibi for Doug?

Could he have flown between Newport News and, say, Kalamazoo undetected?

So many questions about this guy that deserve answers. THIS ARTICLE flat-out says that police think that Doug abducted Venus. I think he did, too, but it'd be great to see someone dig a little bit and do more detailed reporting.
Good questions, I will answer what I can, which may not be much.

I have read on different forums that Doug's parents live within 10 miles of Venus's parents, in Michigan (this has not been verified through a news source).

Dougs two vehicles were located in Newport News, Va, where he lives.

I don't think Venus had possession of the vehicles. I assumed since they were both located in Newport News that Doug had possession of them both.

Don't know who is providing Dougs alibi.

I also don't know if he could have flown to Michigan, I guess anything is possible. Since they claim to have a witness that saw a similar truck and tire tracks that are similar to Dougs, I'm guessing he drove.

Family desperate for answers in search for mom abducted in her PJ&#8217;s

For a third straight night the family of missing Michigan mother of two, Venus Stewart will join us live, pleading for her safe return. Stewart vanished in the early morning hours on April 26 after going out to the front yard to mail a letter, wearing only pajamas.

In front of the home visible signs of a struggle in the grass, the gravel, the driveway and footprints on a propane gas tank in the front yard. According to search warrants, partial footprints were found in the dirt leading away from the house. Also of note&#8230;a neighbor reports seeing a suspicious light grey colored pickup truck in a field near Stewart&#8217;s home around 7 a.m. the morning the mother of two vanishes.

The female neighbor says she saw a male crouched down behind the pickup, then five minutes later the truck was gone. Search warrants reveal crime scene techs found tire marks in that field and on a nearby gravel road. We also know when investigators finally located a pickup belonging to estranged husband Doug Stewart, they took photos of the tire&#8217;s tread pattern. After comparing them to the tire marks in the field near Venus Stewart&#8217;s home, a Michigan State Police crime lab determined the &#8220;general tread pattern&#8221; was in agreement but advised they needed Doug Stewart&#8217;s actual tires, not just photos, to make a 100% accurate match.

We also know there was a history of alleged domestic violence, threats by Doug Stewart and a couple attempts at filing for divorce that were later dropped. At this hour, still no word or sign of what happened to 32-year-old Venus Stewart. But what is clear is Stewart would never leave her 3-and 5-year-old little girls behind, little girls Venus&#8217; family says want to know where their mommy is.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...swers-in-search-for-mom-abducted-in-her-pj’s/

How far are the closest neighbors? There were signs of a struggle... no one heard her scream?

How far are the closest neighbors? There were signs of a struggle... no one heard her scream?

Here's a Google Earth view of where Venus was living with her parents at 55000 Driftwood Drive. (Note the red marker.) Nobody heard her scream.

55000Driftwooddrive.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member