Access to Casey's Car - Defense Strategy?

Just think of all the people who had to get attorneys because of Casey. If I were them, I'd sue Casey for my fees, for my involvement.
This woman has sucked so many people into her vortex of lies and deceipt. I wish they could get money from her! This woman has wrought disruption and damage in peoples' lives in the wake of her criminal activity and she should have to pay for that, as well as everything else.

By interviewing the towing service and Amscot employees, the defense WILL establish that the vehicle was not in the care, custody, control and possession of KC from at least June 30th through July 15th. He MAY also be able to establish that the car was in the Amscot parking lot during the business hours of June 27th through June 30th. The defense will then maintain that anyone could have done anything to the car during those days and especially the nights it sat abandoned in the Amscot parking lot. If the tow lot is fenced and locked, it is unlikely that anyone except employess could access the car. Therefore, he will concentrate on the nights at Amscot to great reasonable doubt, i.e., KC was not in control of that car on those days and nights.

No one should entertain the idea that someone hid a stranger's body in the trunk temporarily or that someone else killed Caylee and put her in KC's trunk to frame her. Theses are not reasonable explanations in light of all of the other physical and circumstantial evidence.

Defense counsel HAS to talk to all the people that LE talked to, otherwise they are committing malpractice. He will also run criminal background checks on these people and research their employment history, education, etc. It is just part of putting on a proper defense - KNOW YOUR WITNESSES.

If they are going to go that way and use the time that the car was at amscot, what would happen in the case that it was locked. If it was locked when she left it and locked when the tow comany picked it up and still locked when GA picked it up....then wouldn't that cover the possibility that someone could have done something to the car. Plus if it was in a lot visible from the Amscot and the Amscot is open 24/7 what about that? Also I thought I heard they had security cameras, I wonder if they have footage from those days. Have we heard if they do?

100%Agave - well there were other people with keys, GA and CA. Nevermind I won't go there because it isn't useful at all.

The things you mentioned are hurdles he (defense counsel) will have to try to overcome, but until he knows what else they have to say, he will not know what he faces.

Just playing devil's advocate here, what proves that Casey was THE ONE that put Caylee's dead body in the trunk? Is it just her behavior that makes her guilty? Is behavior enough to convict?

1.) Well, lets see...hmmmm...
2.) The car belonged to Casey.
3.) The car was in Caseys possession.
4.) The car was abandoned by Casey.
5.) Caylee was missing and not seen by anyone BUT Casey since the afternoon of June 16th.
6.) Caylee was not reported missing by Casey.
7.) Casey talked about the smell in her car, and made excuses for it such as dead squirrels.
8.) There was chloroform in the trunk of the car.
9.) There were searches on Caseys computer (Cindys) on how to make chloroform.
10.) The car was locked up tight when abandoned, and was not opened up until July 15th when her parents retrieved it from where it had sat locked in the tow yard since the 30th of June.
11.) Casey was obviously not the least bit worried or concerned about her missing child, to the extreme that she was out partying and dirty dancing and making home-cooked goodies for her new boys.
12.) Casey is a pathological liar and has obstructed justice and repeatedly lied to the police about Caylees whereabouts.
13.) Casey has not done one single thing positive to find her daughter or to assist in finding her daughter.
14.) It is likely beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey put Caylee in the trunk.
:eek::furious::eek:

your post is very well said magic-cat. all that stuff plus more proves to me that Casey was THE ONE that put Caylee's dead body in the trunk. her behavior is part of what makes casey guilty along with everything else.

Given the way the Frye hearings are going and assuming that the air sample testing is allowed in, will the defense go back to this idea, that someone else had access to the car? Is this theory even tenable at this point?
I don't see how, and the only person KC ever accused of this was Jesse...

1) If someone else murdered Caylee... they would have simply left her in the trunk of Casey's car. They wouldn't have left her there for 2.6 days and came back to remove her and dump her somewhere else. They had dumped her in the trunk... that was the dumping ground. Their mission was accomplished... they framed Casey and made her trunk the crime scene.

2) Cindy's comments that someone could have put a body in Casey's trunk while it sat in the towyard... is also crazy!! A person would not go to all the trouble of taking a body to a towyard... break in... somehow pry open the trunk of Casey's car... stash the body in the trunk for 2.6 days... then come back for the body.

The point is... no one would have come back for a body they had already dumped... unless it pointed directly to that person. If someone else had done it... they had already taken the direction off of themselves by placing the body in Casey's trunk... they would have no need to come back for the body.

Unless Casey is going to take the blame for taking Caylee out of that trunk and throwing her away into the woods after she discovered it already there because someone had put it there... this whole "someone else placed the body in the trunk" theory is not going to make sense to a jury.

1) If someone else murdered Caylee... they would have simply left her in the trunk of Casey's car. They wouldn't have left her there for 2.6 days and came back to remove her and dump her somewhere else. They had dumped her in the trunk... that was the dumping ground. Their mission was accomplished... they framed Casey and made her trunk the crime scene.

2) Cindy's comments that someone could have put a body in Casey's trunk while it sat in the towyard... is also crazy!! A person would not go to all the trouble of taking a body to a towyard... break in... somehow pry open the trunk of Casey's car... stash the body in the trunk for 2.6 days... then come back for the body.

The point is... no one would have come back for a body they had already dumped... unless it pointed directly to that person. If someone else had done it... they had already taken the direction off of themselves by placing the body in Casey's trunk... they would have no need to come back for the body.

Unless Casey is going to take the blame for taking Caylee out of that trunk and throwing her away into the woods after she discovered it already there because someone had put it there... this whole "someone else placed the body in the trunk" theory is not going to make sense to a jury.

Or, unless KC is going to say GA had a hand in it the day of the gas can incident-That would be the only other option if they are forced to follow the 2.6 day estimate.
Still would not fly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back