MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence Response Team
The Evidence Response Team examines major scenes to identify and establish the interrelationships of physical evidence involved in the scene. This process involves developing, identifying, documenting, collecting, and preserving evidence for purposes of identifying suspects and establishing sequence of events possibilities.

I am freakishly calm in emergencies, even when I was a child.

My daughter disappeared when she was a few months older than Myra while I was in the bathroom.
I started searching, called both my parents and my brother to come home and help.
Just as my parents pulled in the driveway the dog led me to her behind a tree, next to the road and ditch.

30 minutes had elapsed and the thought to call LE had JUST occurred to me.
The LE in our town are incompetent and the last thing we ever want to do is call them. :twocents:
When I thought about calling them I pictured them flying down our road and hitting my kid.
One drove into our ditch and got stuck last week and one rolled across the street last year. :facepalm:

I checked the whole house (3800 square feet), the ditch, the horse pasture, the road, the garage, the workshop, the inside and trunks of all the cars (then locked them) and we have an acre of property.
Searching all that took me about 30 minutes and I was making sure the areas I searched were locked.

It sounds like the Lewis family had more area to search than me and it may have taken them twice as long.
It would be hard to process at that point that the kid had already been missing for 4 hours. :twocents:

I pass about 10 gas stations when I want to go get a drink.
They don't have Code Red on the fountain at the other 10 gas stations.
I also drive an hour to get to the health food store, it's the only place that has certain things.
I used to do my grocery shopping an hour away because they were the only ones with Code Red in 2 liters.

Locals have said it makes sense that they would drive an hour to get to the grocery store. :twocents:

Isn't health food the only thing that goes with Code Red??? Duh!! :floorlaugh:

I still can't see the warrant tweet either, aside from when it was retweeted.
These are the tweets on his account, there isn't a tweet 7 minutes before the ERT tweet:

Ross Adams ‏@radamsWJTV 18m

FBI spokesman tells us they assisting Madison county sheriff in their investigation of the whereabouts of Myra Lewis.

Ross Adams ‏@radamsWJTV 24m

Helping out: 83 year old man comes out to help search for missing 2 year old Myra Lewis. pic.twitter.com/vjHCugXzIN

Ross Adams ‏@radamsWJTV 25m

HAPPENING NOW: FBI emergency response team at the home of missing Madison county toddler. pic.twitter.com/GFrK0TfM8D

Ross Adams ‏@radamsWJTV 59m

Madison county sheriff's department to hold news conference @3pm for update on search for missing toddler Myra Lewis. pic.twitter.com/MSrYpZbRg0

https://twitter.com/radamsWJTV

These are the tweets on his account, there isn't a tweet 7 minutes before the ERT tweet:

FBI spokesman tells us they assisting Madison county sheriff in their investigation of the whereabouts of Myra Lewis.

Helping out: 83 year old man comes out to help search for missing 2 year old Myra Lewis. pic.twitter.com/vjHCugXzIN

HAPPENING NOW: FBI emergency response team at the home of missing Madison county toddler. pic.twitter.com/GFrK0TfM8D

Madison county sheriff's department to hold news conference @3pm for update on search for missing toddler Myra Lewis. pic.twitter.com/MSrYpZbRg0

I can still see it. It shows up as his fourth picture and is his fourth status.

https://mobile.twitter.com/radamsWJTV/status/440922081916510208/photos

3:00 Mississippi time, correct?

I don't know how twitter works, but because I saw it and then he deleted it (since you all can't see it), could my internet browser, just be holding on to it?

The 4th picture and 4th status is the news conference one.
Do me a favor and click this link, refreshing your page.

https://mobile.twitter.com/radamsWJTV

Maybe it's still showing up for you because it doesn't automatically refresh on mobile?

That's what i am wondering. I don't use twitter, so not sure how it works. Kinda annoying that it doesn't remove it from here. I will just check it on a other device.

https://mobile.twitter.com/radamsWJTV

I feel sick. He just tweeted that they left the home with at least three evidence bags.

Isn't this done in most cases where the child was last seen at the home? (At least, the ones I can recall.) I'm actually a little surprised they didn't do this already.

I hope this is just protocol, and not a response to new information...

Ross Adams ‏@radamsWJTV 1m
FBI emergency response team just left home of missing Madison county toddler with at least three evidence bags. pic.twitter.com/OgWeXgx6Dw

Bh6E_x8IQAAUAB-.jpg

Many of Mom's less than 50 friends on facebook have Myra's flyer or photo as their profile picture.
One of Mom's friends on facebook has this couple as her profile picture, they are also missing. :thud:

That is really freaky... I know it's likely not connected but it is extremely coincidental.
They disappeared almost a full 2 weeks before Myra, 3 hours away. The van was found 7 hours away.

LA LA - Kenneth, 34 & Lakeitha Joseph, 29, St. John Parish, 18 Feb 2014 -

Of course they left with evidence bags, they went in to collect evidence. :facepalm:

I don't think I've ever seen LE come out empty handed and be like "we found nothing."
They consider everything evidence at this point.
They will likely be checking the families electronic devices for one thing.

I never understand any delay in searching the home, especially for a toddler. This should have been done on Sunday, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member