Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

Hello; this is my first post here and, I must say, this is a fascinating forum!

I, like many others, don't understand Nancy Grace's reasoning (and the reasoning of a few others on this thread) that motherhood in and of itself is a mitigating circumstance for perjury. This makes it seem as though being a mother is a protected, almost holy status that makes it okay to lie for murderers, as long as you gave birth to one of those said murderers. Isn't it better to stand as a good example for your children--even if they're already on their way to Death Row--rather than unleashing their sociopathy upon society?

During the trial of Charles Manson and his associates, the parents of the Manson girls set what I consider to be examples of proper displays of love for their children. In prior interviews, they all said that they believed their daughters to have grown up as essentially good people, but they didn't attempt to create alibis for them. The young women's attorneys didn't call them to the stand during the trial proper (which was also a DP case) to make excuses and tell lies for their children. The parents only appeared during the penalty phase--appropriately--to plead for their daughters' lives and to talk about how they had been productive citizens prior to meeting Manson. That is the way to conduct yourself as a parent.

When I think of the cost to the state in flying in witnesses to rebut CA's lies and the wasted time and resources, it sickens me. Prosecutors all over the country are being laid off due to dwindling monies for courts, and yet CA thinks nothing of wasting money and creating an unnecessary fiasco through her selfish belief that ICA is a special snowflake who needs her mommy to cover for her.

I've been wondering...if there were a hung jury and ICA had to be retried (knocking on wood that doesn't happen!), could not the SA bring up CA's testimony in this trial, along with the rebuttals by Gentiva, etc. to add strength to the premeditation argument? In other words, couldn't they use all of this computer-related testimony from this trial for the next?
Welcome and great first post!:clap::clap::goodpost::wagon::welcome4:

Excellent post and this is an awesome thread, IMO. This trial has really been an eye opener for me, particularly the last few days with the testimony about the dead pets. That has filled in a lot of the blanks for me!

One thing that CA testified to (although I don't know that it could be called a 'slip') was about the missing teddy bear. I had never heard about that before. But it really gave us a glimpse into the abject cruelty that ICA is capable of. Obviously, ICA knew that Caylee would not be coming home, ever, but felt the need to further punish her mother by taking away this object that gave her a small measure of comfort. Wow...hearing that just chilled me to the bone. She is SADISTIC. :mad:

That was another one...the teddy bear. CA brings it up to make ICA look cruel without actually saying it. Cindy says just enough for the 'audience' to fill in the blanks.....true or not.

ETA: I just thought of another 'bomb' of Cindy's....there was a depo from 07/2009 in which Cindy talks about all the leftover pavers they had when asked a question of how ICA broke into the shed....Why is she bringing up pavers for no reason?

Yes, she should be charged with perjury.

Also, Cindy should be charged for obstruction. There wasn't just one occasion. She did it multiple times throughout the investigation.

If she isn't charged with any crimes, it leaves the door open for others to think, that they can do as she did and get away with it.

I whole heartedly agree. CA intentionally tried to undermine the investigation and derail the trial. She committed crimes and should serve time. Also I find it appalling that she claims to love Caylee so much while at the same time is covering for Caylee's murderer. To me that is disrespectful to Caylee's memory.

I've said it from the get go, that ALL of the Anthony's should be wearing matching orange jumpsuits and have adjoining cells!! George and Cindy's most RECENT lies just confirm my feelings. They ALL knew Caylee was dead, they ALL knew Casey was responsible, and they ALL either denied it (distanced themselves like Lee), or lied about it in a lame attempt to "preserve" what was left of their little family!! UGH!

I always thought George's attempt to kill himself was a distraction--just like all of the Caylee sightings and mysterious late night phone calls Cindy received just before some new allegation was made about their precious Casey.

I've personally known two men who committed suicide. They did it without warning, quickly, and when no one was expecting/looking for them. If George really wanted to kill himself he would have with the gun he purchased, and that would have been the end of it. Suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness. Typical behavior for the Anthony's!!

Sistah Sleuth--

Regarding your pictures of Casey and Scott above...what do you think of this? I've always known about touching your nose when lying (which Cindy did FREQUENTLY during her testimonies), but I love the subconscious ones!

Signs of Deception:
Body Language of Lies:

• Physical expression will be limited and stiff, with few arm and hand movements. Hand, arm and leg movement are toward their own body the liar takes up less space.

• A person who is lying to you will avoid making eye contact.

• Hands touching their face, throat & mouth. Touching or scratching the nose or behind their ear. Not likely to touch his chest/heart with an open hand.

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php

Interesting. Will post later.

In the meantime do you have a link to the original picture from which your signature pic is taken?

I don't, sorry. I just copied it from a screenshot on this forum, and cropped it a bit.
Someone else has a avatar here, which I guess was a photo taken just BEFORE mine, and HHJP looks like he's peeping at ICA from behind the door...it's even better. Really funny.

Now if Cindy Anthony were to flip off either the defense or prosecution she could have gotten 6 days in the Graybar Hotel along with a monetary fine and court costs.

Oh the irony.

Sistah Sleuth--

Regarding your pictures of Casey and Scott above...what do you think of this? I've always known about touching your nose when lying (which Cindy did FREQUENTLY during her testimonies), but I love the subconscious ones!

Signs of Deception:
Body Language of Lies:

• Physical expression will be limited and stiff, with few arm and hand movements. Hand, arm and leg movement are toward their own body the liar takes up less space.

• A person who is lying to you will avoid making eye contact.

• Hands touching their face, throat & mouth. Touching or scratching the nose or behind their ear. Not likely to touch his chest/heart with an open hand.

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php

I found it interesting that two sociopaths on trial for the murder of a "loved one" are damn near striking the same pose while deep in thought--probably concocting another lie.

My only problem with this is that I don't like CA for reasons other than KC. She was pointing fingers at others that KC herself didn't. She had investigators going on wild goose chases from her PI's taking photos of the back of little girls at malls and claiming it was her granddaughter. People on this very board were saying, "If I suspect a child I see is Caylee I would grab her." At the time my niece looked a bit like Caylee and if some do gooder thinking they were doing the right thing would have grabbed her they would be dead...sorry but, they would be dead.

She did these things herself. KC wasn't twisting her arm.

Good points. I look at it this way: if a family member is missing, part of you is going to hold out hope that he or she is alive even though part of you thinks she's dead. I would be out searching myself until the remains were found. CA and GA didn't do much searching themselves, from what I saw.. Nancy Grace says they flew across the country following leads, etc. CA has said some horrible things (have you seen the letters between her and Nejame? Yikes!). Maybe if I were closer to the situation I'd be p.o.'d at her too. But from this distance, I see her as a victim who has been at the bottom of a deep, dark pit for three years... and her own daughter threw her down there.

I don't, sorry. I just copied it from a screenshot on this forum, and cropped it a bit.
Someone else has a avatar here, which I guess was a photo taken just BEFORE mine, and HHJP looks like he's peeping at ICA from behind the door...it's even better. Really funny.

Yours is one of my favorites,,,HHJP knows.

I feel horrible, terrible for Cindy. But, YES she should be prosecuted.

Well they can charge her but I don't see how it can be proven in a court of law.

I don't think the state's office wants to prosecute her to be honest. If they did they would have approached the situation differently rather than just calling experts back up to impeach her. Which they did.

My point was, by all means it appears she lied to the jury. Now, could they prosecute her for that? Sure they could. But, could they win a conviction. Nope. I don't think they could. I don't think they want to. JMHO

I think they already proved it in a court of law-- two experts on rebuttal state the search was not on the hard drive of that computer. That's proof, not a mistake in which month she searched, it didn't exist. If they wanted to, they could charge her, imo.

I feel horrible, terrible for Cindy. But, YES she should be prosecuted.

I don't anymore. I was so torn when she was on that stand crying for her grandaughter. I felt it finally had hit her like a sledgehammer what her daughter was all about. You know what, she knew all along.
And oh so much has happened since that day hasn't it. Now I do not feel anything for her. She should be charged.
She is a nutcase just like her daughter. George and Lee I feel bad for.

yes, she should be made an example of what happens when you perjure yourself.

I don't think they will. At least that's what it sounded like to me when LDB discussed the issue of impeaching Cindy's testimony and that she's not suggesting that the counsel had anything to do with it and she doesn't even think it's wilful. (Heavily paraphrased, I'm not sure which video it was in and I'm too tired to search now.).

Not sure who it would be up to decide but that was the impression I got from LDB anyway, trying to play it down and smooth over it and save face for everybody.

IMO that's because the prosecution needs parts of Cindy's testimony in this trial and in case there is a new trial or an appeal or some such thing and they need to go over all this again. If they throw her in a cell for perjury that's going to do wonders for her credibility.

I don't think they will. At least that's what it sounded like to me when LDB discussed the issue of impeaching Cindy's testimony and that she's not suggesting that the counsel had anything to do with it and she doesn't even think it's wilful. (Heavily paraphrased, I'm not sure which video it was in and I'm too tired to search now.).

Not sure who it would be up to decide but that was the impression I got from LDB anyway, trying to play it down and smooth over it and save face for everybody.

IMO that's because the prosecution needs parts of Cindy's testimony in this trial and in case there is a new trial or an appeal or some such thing and they need to go over all this again. If they throw her in a cell for perjury that's going to do wonders for her credibility.

What do they need her for? Is any of her testimony imperative? If she chose to cite the 5th, the questions in and of themselves would be telling... idk, she was up there a lot, but what honest testimony did she give that couldn't be sacrificed? :waitasec:

I have a feeling that Cindy on some level is well aware of her daughters capabilities and I believe also she is dropping hints that there is more here than meets the eye.

Who gave the detailed information about the first animal they ever buried? it was before Lee or KC was born so who told the DT?

Cindy knew the Gentiva dates would be investigated so the appearance of falling on her sword was calculated to have the effect it did.

I think there has never been room in KC's life for more than herself and her mother and anyone who interferes with that is in trouble be it George, the dogs or Caylee and I think this is Cindy's way out of that hell yet still be seemingly supportive.

Lastly, I don't blame her one bit I believe on some level Cindy was scared of what her daughter was capable of, and when I think of Lee mentioning "being like the last time" and we wondered what she had killed before (well I did) I'm going to make a guess, it was the dogs.

Wow! Forive me for being a little late to the party re: the importance of the two dead cocker spaniels. There have been other posts regarding the dogs, but I didn't attach the importance until I read your post. Cindy called them her "babies" and Casey couldn't have anyone/anything being Cindy's babies. They were important to Cindy, so they must be "erased", which makes the question Lee asked, "Is this like the last time?" have meaning.

Jealous of the dogs! Unfreaking believable! Okay! I'm good with "the needle" now. She can't be rehabilitated.:maddening:

no, I do not think that she should be prosecuted for perjury - partly because I don't think it could be proven - but mostly because I really don't see the point - whatever happens when the jury returns, the A's have been thru enough and they will have to live the rest of their lives knowing that whatever happened to Caylee, their daughter was responsible for it - their pain and their grief is real and no matter what some think regarding perjury or obstruction of justice, there is no punishment (fines or imprisonment) that could compare with what they will face every day of their lives

but also because I cannot help thinking of what Caylee would want regarding all of this and I believe that Caylee would want the state to let it go

let's not forget how much little Caylee loved her grandparents and show them some compassion and understanding and let it go - because of her love for them - does it give them a free ride to do anything they want? no, just as KC shouldn't get away with murder because Caylee loved her - but maybe her love for them is reason enough to give them a pass on any possible perjury or obstruction charges

I think the SA will wait till all the media leaves town and the circus is packed up and gone ...and then they will start handing down charges against any and all other slimes involved in this case. Of course that includes CA

Should she? Probably. Will she? Probably not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back